Is it normal to cramp in early pregnancy?

I just found out I was pregnant. I went to the doctor for what I thought was a uti, because I was having back pain and small cramps every once in a while. Turns out it was a baby!!! Yay! Is cramps and back pain normal? There is no blood. The cramps are not terrible and are mostly when I lay down. I didn’t have cramps with my first.

20 Likes

the cramps can be considered normal from the round ligament pain or dehydration. make sure u take enough water in. i would advise taking in extra water. maybe try stretching to see if that helps, a chiropractor might help some as well make sure to tell them that ur pregnant when u go in though

3 Likes

Normal i thought i was getting my period but it never came im currently 30 weeks with twin girls :heart::heart:

1 Like

Yes. Very normal as long as no bleeding

Yes, it is called nesting pain. I had it around 4weeks tot 12 weeks. Just like menstruation cramps. Is the pain you feel when the baby is nesting in your womb

1 Like

It’s normal, I found out I was pregnant with my first the same way and he’s a completely healthy 1 year old!

Normal in the beginning. And I actually did bleed a little with my first baby around 12 weeks, it was scary but I just had to put it in God’s hands!

My doctor told me that when you feel discomfort and cramps like that early in the pregnancy it’s your hips in your back adjusting to be able to carry the baby as long as you’re not bleeding you’re perfectly fine

Yes. Could be round ligament pain. I cramped pretty bad the first four months.

Yes. I’m now almost 17 weeks and still sometimes get cramping. This is my third pregnancy and I always had cramping in the beginning

Yes. When I was pregnant with my second, I had light cramping almost constantly. It scared me at first because I didn’t have them with my first daughter, and I thought something was wrong with the baby. But she’s a strapping eight-year-old now, and the pregnancy was beautifully safe :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
But if you ever feel like something is wrong, it’s always best to reach out to your OB. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes…normal :slight_smile: … And try not to compare this pregnancy with your last cuz ALL pregnancies are different. :two_hearts: I have 3 boys…two of which are just 12 months 1 week apart and NOTHING about any of my pregnancies (or deliveries) were alike at all lol…well, I guess other than I was carrying ALL BOYS :rofl: congratulations & goodluck! :slight_smile:

It was veeeeeery normal for me. I had back cramps too. It was how I first suspected i was pregnant. Your uterus is growing and stretching. Everyone is different though! Always check with your doctor. No question is over asked or too silly. :relaxed:

Cramping was my first indicator that I was pregnant with every pregnancy.

:100: normal. Cramps were always my main pregnancy symptom lol.

Completely normal. It can sometimes be something bad, so it is always good to check with your doctor.
I found out I was pregnant with my last one at a post salmonella check up. My oldest 2, I just knew within a couple of days of getting pregnant.

I got them all the time too, thought it was my period coming since I was a little late but no it was a baby.

I cramped with my 2nd a lot.

Congrats. I don’t remember cramps except when I got a bad virus and the coughs would start up some spasmic cramps and soreness Dr gave me a safe cough med

I’m newly pregnant, around 2-3 weeks and I cramp every other day :woman_shrugging: doctors said it’s fine and nothing to worry about

Congrats Yes complete normal its round ligament pain. I just had my 2nd baby 8 weeks ago and I cramped my whole pregnancy and he is 100% healthy.

Cramping, totally normal for me. But, if you are feeling sharp stabbing pains, that is not normal. That is what happened before I had my miscarriage.

Cramping was totally normal for me with both pregnancies. Your body is getting ready for TOTAL transformation. YOUR ENTIRE BODY. Your bones are shifting, your organs are migrating, your tendons and ligaments relaxing. Congratulations you’ll never be the same!

Congrats! I didn’t cramp with my boys but my baby girl I had every pregnancy symptom known to mankind! I was 7 weeks when I went in for lower back pain! It was very painful! But after a couple months it subsided. My whole body changed with her. I didn’t even think I went was prego til Dr told me bc I hadn’t had any of these symptoms before. Good luck hun!

Yeah it’s normal. With my first kid I had cramps on my left side turns out that was baby stretching the inside as she grew and that was the side she inplanted

Yes, I kept thinking I was miscarrying. I’m 18 weeks and they stopped about 2 weeks ago

I’m pregnant with my 2nd and I had cramps. I think it was just my uterus stretching and stuff lol I’m 16weeks now

It can be because it’s the way the hormones are hitting your body. I’m on my 8th pregnancy and I cramp every now and again with this one. Only 8w right now.

Was for me. Hoping it’s not now :sweat_smile:

Normal! Your body is adjusting to the newbie

I cramped a lot with my second. Implantation cramping. Especially when I confirmed period was 2 weeks late. I had one full period after IUD was taken out. Got pregnant weeks after I had period.

With my first I had the worst cramps. It was normal

Yes but you should still tell your doctor. It’s from the uterus growing so quickly and the blood flow to it. I crammed until I was 5 months.

I’ve had cramps through second and third trimester and I’m 34w1d now. Still have cramps here and there thar can get painful but they go away if I change positions

1 Like

Each pregnancy is different… try drinking more water … if they get to bad make sure you go have things checked out

Cramps are common but can be controlled by keeping ur self hydrated. So drink up :blush:

Yeah it happened but goes away around like 3 months in

Each pregnancy is different. Just take it slow

Call your doctor ASAP!

1 Like

Implantation cramping happens 10 to 14 days after ovulation

Yes its normal. Your body is stretching and growing. Plus extra hormones. Yes it’s all very normal.

Normal! As long as they arent severe or sharp. Enjoy motherhood!

I had cramps but it was due to subchorionic hemorrhage. Just in case talk to your doctor if you haven’t already, also it could be normal our bodies are drastically changing drink plenty of water and rest.

I had them with #2 and then #3 I think everything starts stretching quicker each pregnancy

I had cramps. Went to ER. Was worried. But it was nothing. Now I have to pay $1000+ bill😫

1 Like

Normal hun also it could be the ligment stretching. Which will also cause cramping. If it gets where your in awful pain go to the ER. This is my experience with all my boys. I’m currently 27 weeks with my fourth son n I cramped with all of my other three boys and this one.

Yes, it’s very normal, the only time the doctors say it’s alarming is if you are bleeding heavily and changing a pad every hour.

Very normal. Even small amounts of spotting is normal. I thought I had a UTI when I found out I was pregnant

1 Like

Yes it is had it with all 3 of mine good luck

You should call your dr office and discuss it with them.

3 Likes

Yes very common. Your uterus is stretching

Weird to have this on this group post :::: just my opinion :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes it is normal everything is stretching and growing

Yep. There wasn’t a day I didn’t have a cramp.

there’s alot of stretching & growing going on down there…
it’s normal