Is it normal to feel a pulling feeling in your c-section incision?

I had an emergency c section almost two years ago (my first and only child) I haven’t had any issues with healing. But lately, I’ve been getting a pulling feeling at my incision, even like a heavy, waterlogged feeling in my uterus. I’m making a Drs appointment for this but I wanted some advice/reassurance in the meantime. Has anyone experienced this before?

1 Like

My last c section was 13 years ago and I still get the pulling pain especially is I lift something heavy or have has a very long physical work day (I work in the restaurant industry) nothing bad has ever come of it. I was told it’s from the scar tissue that builds up over the years. I am not sure if that is true or not because it did not come from a dr

1 Like

Ive never had that issue yet qnd I had my daughter almost 2 years ago w a c-section due to health issues I have but the only thing i have noticed lately is that i get an itchy burning feeling where my c-section scar is but I know that’s normal. I hope you get good news an re assurance. Nothing but prayers from my family to you.

I’ve had four, last one 2-17-19 and I feel it often… nothing to be alarmed about… but talking to your doctor would be helpful

1 Like

My emergency csection was exactly 10 years ago…and still have pains especially during and right after my monthly. Tell my Dr every time I see her and she tells me to massage it.

I just had my 3 rd c-section about 14 months ago. I haven’t had this feeling with any of mine after the first 6 months and I had my 3 c-sections more than 3 years apart each time. Sometimes my scar itches though.

I definitely have pulling in the scar area from c-section and hysterectomy. Especially during certain exercise, swimming, jumping on a trampoline… doctor says it is normal and to just push through the aches.

Im wondering if it could be related to rapid weight gain/loss

Lol been 7 years since last this year one qnd still have it yes

I still get the pulling pain in mine if I move just the right way dr said it’s normal also my incision site is still numb if I’m not looking and my bf rubs my stomach I dont feel it he got mad at first thought i was ignoring him but we figured out that i just have no sensation there and it’s been 6 years

I sometimes get a sharp pain or pulling feeling too. Specially after doing something strenuous. It’s major surgery, nerves and muscles are damaged. Apparently it’s normal, not very happy about it but I’ll have to accept it now…

I had my 2nd one 7 months ago and I never had that feeling just numbness and I worked unloading trucks I’m short only 5ft , but everyone’s experience is different this c-section the recovery was extremely different from my last which was a 3 year gap.
Good luck

I’ve had 3 c sections and I feel that same feeling from time to time. If I sit up too fast or lift something heavy. It’s normal.

1 Like

It will always feel like that and that area will always be numb. I’ve had 3 and my youngest is almost 12.

I was told it is nerve endings trying to reconnect. Ive had 3 c sections and a laparotomy. Each time I felt it. And still to this day I get it, my youngest is 8. That area never fully recovers

I have had 4 c-sections & I don’t feel hunger pains, like its numb still & my 1st was 25yrs ago my last was 14yrs ago. But once a month my abdomen feels heavy…if that makes sense.

I had 2 my last being almost 16yrs ago & I can’t say I have ever had this feeling.

Yup, totally normal!

Scar tissue I have same problem and my C-section was 30 yrs ago

1 Like

I still feel this from time to time and my last c section was 9 years ago

40 years ago and I still feel it

I used to get all sorts of random feelings. The area around my incision was numb for year and the feelings were nerves growing back and regaining feelings…

4 Likes

Nerves heal slowly so it is likely nerve regeneration.

1 Like

Normal… Had it for 8 years. Then had an hysterectomy, 10 years later still have it. It’s scar tissue.

1 Like

My dr told me its like scar tissue. I had it while pregnant with my youngeat and still sometimes feel it.I’m

1 Like

It might be the nerve endings regenerating. It could feel like a pull, nerve pain, numbness. I had my section in 2007, still numb at incision. I went onto have 2 vbacs no issues.

1 Like

My youngest is 19 and my scar still has areas of numbness and internal tugging. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yes. My youngest is 14 and I still have areas of numbness and occasional pulling sensation

1 Like

My 2 kids were born c section 1989 and 1991. Still have numbness and itchy like its healing. Its weird after all this time

1 Like

I’ve had 3 c sections and I still get this feeling often

It’s scar tissue massage it with a scar tissue lotion apposite the way the incision is going

1 Like

Sounds like adhesions

Yep, had three c-sections, last one almost 13 years ago and I still feel tugging occasionally.

1 Like

I had that and had to have adhesions cut away

My son is 12 and i still get twingy twangy sensations around the incision. Likely scar tissue and/or adhesions.

It is due to scar tissue. See a physical therapist that is trained in visceral mobilization. Been there and it helped!

I have that feeling as well due to Scar Endometriosis. I had an MRI to verify.

I still feel pulling in my c section scar from 9 years ago!

Scar tissue can cause that feeling.

I did and still do occasionally, drs said it was scar tissue.

I have had two and I have weird feelings in it from time to time after heavy exercise or period I feel like it’s normal

I had adhesions from hysterectomy and they had grown around my bladder and descending intestines. I almost died. See a doctor.

1 Like

Have your doctor check it for possible hernia. Any abdominal incision can later result in hernia development and needs to be checked out by a physician.

1 Like

I had my one and inly son 29 years ago my c-section still feels like that sometimes but have it checked out to be safe

Had one 35 years ago. When I get sick
That’s the first place that starts to feel real sensitive

Maybe its the scar tissue that’s inside…I had 4 c sections…js

My ovaries started to attach to my scar tissue. (Adhesions) I also have endometriosis so they found them attached when they were doing hysterectomy and cleaning up my endo.

Maybe the evil unborn is trying to get out :flushed:

I’ve had 3 c-sections and my youngest is 10. I still get this feeling sometimes

My guess is scar tissue!

See your doctor! Nurse Connie

They are called adhesions and they are normal with abdominal surgeries, hurt like a bitch when they finally pull away, but its basically scar tissue