Is it normal to have implantation bleeding at 7 weeks?

Is it normal to have implantation bleeding at 7 weeks. I started bleeding at 5 weeks and still continue spotting at my 7 weeks. I’ve had other pregnancies and I never had implantation bleeding. My doctor is aware what’s going on and I had an ultrasound when I was 6 weeks and baby looked good we could see heart moving but couldn’t hear it yet I have my next appointment next week when I’m 8 weeks, but this spotting worries me, the blood is dark brown and sometimes red. This pregnancy is just different I spot and I don’t vomit or have morning sickness my other pregnancies I had vomit and morning sickness. The only thing I notice I have heart burns and tender breast and this spotting only. I am just wondering if other moms experience this and what was their outcome?

14 Likes

I had this when I was pregnant with my daughter and it turned out to be some kind of haematoema where the blood was caused from the embryo ripping away from the uterus wall after implantation. It fixed itself and there were no further complications.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/is-it-normal-to-have-implantation-bleeding-at-7-weeks/16623

Absolutely I had it with all 4 of my pregnancies

I spotted until I was about nine weeks. At six weeks I bled so heavily and passed clots and actually thought I was having a miscarriage. We went through six pads in a five hour span. Turns out I was just hemorrhaging, but baby was just fine. (I passed a sub chorionic hemorrhage) It happened with my third pregnancy as well. This is my fourth and we are currently almost 14 weeks and doing just fine♥️

1 Like

Is possible its a subchorionic hemorrhage. Sounds scary but isn’t, usually. I bled for like 6 weeks with my last one🥴

That’s not implantation bleeding at that point, implantation happens 6-12 days after you conceive. But, a little bleeding is normal. I had a subchronic hematoma that caused some spotting.

1 Like

Spotting is normal the first few months. And unfortunately all pregnancies are different. My daughter made sick as a dog and my son didn’t

I had spotting from a hematoma from 6 to 9 weeks. It had cleared up by 12 weeks when I had a follow-up ultrasound. Got told to take it easy and no sex for a week after any bleeding.

Yes its normal, my mom bleed for 6 months when she was pregnant with me.

The spotting is normal. Pregnancy are all different. With my son I had the same thing and up until about 12 weeks it didn’t happen anymore. With my daughter I never had spotting but my entire first trimester I got sick all the time

I’m 7 weeks and had this issue last week. So scary…

Everything you have mentioned is exactly like my second pregnancy with my daughter to the “T”

Outcome for me was a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby girl

I spotted at 6 weeks and I found out it was my blood type trying to rid my body of what it thought was a threat

I had some light spotting with all 4 of mine and with my current pregnancy after they did a transvaginal ultrasound at 6w I had bright red spottig with some clots. As long as it’s not filling pads within an hour or cramping everything should be fine.

My sister spotted for four months. Her and baby are fine

Yes l did and l have a healthy 27 year old go talk to the dr and have them watch your levels

I’m pregnant with my second and have the same thing going on but it’s because I have a blood clot. Check with your obgyn as much as you want to feel comfortable that’s what they’re there for! Now if I have it I don’t freak out as much.

I had what we thought was a full period

Call and tell
Then you’re bleeding again and they should get you in for a sooner ultrasound.

Yes don’t have sex for about 2 weeks

My daughter had that with her daughter. She had a normal delivery & her baby is now 7 years old

I had this with all 3 of my pregnancy’s and they was all healthy baby girls x

Whenever you’re worried call your doctor. Most of the time they will do a ultrasound just because blood is present. Most the time it’s nothing. Especially if it’s brown that means it’s old blood. I would call my OB if I were you just to be safe

Implementation bleeding happens wayyyy before you are able to hear or even see a heart beat. I would go in

2 Likes

Yes completely normal. I had it for the first 9 weeks straight. All labs and ultrasound was normal. After 6 weeks it’s no longer considered implantation bleeding. They refer to it as old blood, that your body is ridding itself of. At least according to my doctor

I’m 20 wks and I spotted brown up to 12 wks. Lots of ultra sounds and baby is doing good. No explanation though I do have endometriosis. It’s so worrying and stressful. Sending best wishes x

I went to the ER at 9 weeks with bleeding. Everything checked out fine. They said it was implant bleeding. Carried twins to term.

My symptoms and everything between my daughter and my son I’m pregnant with have been absolutely the complete opposite. With her I had implantation bleeding with this one I had no bleeding except at 10 weeks due to sex. I’ve been in pain most of my pregnancy and sick. I’ve had food aversions. I was always told if the the bleeding isn’t heavy than it’s normal. I would just watch the bleeding if it gets heavier along with cramping. Congrats and good luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Every pregnancy is different, and yes the spotting is normal, as long as it’s light bleeding, no cramps, and it looks like old blood.

I had regular periods till 6 months with my 2nd. Hes 28yo now. Good to see Dr is keeping a close eye on you but try not to stress

I had this during my second pregnancy and lost one of my twins, explanation was one baby was o positive and one was negative. I am A negative. Not saying this is what’s happening to you, but I would see by obgyn.

As long as your blood doesn’t turn bright red and come with pain you should be okay but when in doubt go get checked by the doctor.

1 Like

I had it with two of my boys

Bleeding during all pregnancies is common, but it should always be discussed. I had with all 4.

1 Like

Every pregnancy is different. My MIL went to the doctor for a missed period, only to find out she was 5 months pregnant and having a boy. She had a full blown period the first 4 months.
In regards to morning sickness and such, my first pregnancy I had absolutely no morning sickness. My second, I was incredibly sick from 7 weeks till 16/17 weeks. I was losing weight from being so sick.
My third pregnancy, I got sick a few times but nothing like my second.

I had that with my current pregnancy. This is my 4th baby. Doctor said mine was from a subchorionic hemorrhage which is normal or common in some women. It terrified me as well after having 2 miscarriages and had ultrasound done at 6 weeks and there was a heartbeat and confirmed the subchorionic hemorrhage. Ultrasound done again at 10 weeks which I was scared to have but he was moving around in there and had a strong heartbeat. Call your doctor and let them know your concerns.

The dark brown blood is old blood
Is there any chance you may have internal hemorrhoids

2 Likes

Had spotting at 6 weeks, bright pink - dark reddish brown for a few days with my first. Went in at 8 weeks but couldn’t find the heartbeat. Went two weeks later, saw and heard the heartbeat then. From there, smooth pregnancy and perfectly healthy baby :heart: every pregnancy will differ. If anything ends up becoming truly worrisome, just make the appointment or (in really concerning occurrences) go straight to the ER. Best of luck, mamas. Sounds fairly normal to me!

I spotted with my son on and off until i was around 8-9 weeks. Everything was fine with him. I had a little morning sickness with him but nothing unbearable. Overall I had a very easy pregnancy with him. Relax mama, I’m sure baby is doing just fine in there :heart:

I was spotting through out my pregnancy but doctor said I was fine. Still get it checked out to be safe

Brown blood is old blood. And I bled during my 1st pregnancy throughout and he’s 15 now … :woman_shrugging:t2: If your Dr knows and is waiting then doubt it’s worrisome.

1 Like

If you are worried it is ok to go to the er for an ultrasound better safe than sorry

Well brown is good it means old blood. Maybe you have a placenta abruption possibly. I would still go get checked out