Is it normal to look up your spouses exes?

Is creeping on your significant others exes kind of normal or am I just wierd ?:frowning: we’ve been together for a year and I still look up his exes. Recently a friend brought up my ex and I looked him up too . What is wrong with me ?? Looking at his exes pages just upsets me to think he was with other people and to look up my ex just makes me sad for him (he’s kind of going through a rough time) I’m confident in our relationship and in no way do I want to be with my ex . I just don’t know why I do it

22 Likes

It’s kinda normal…just out of curiosity. To consistently “check on them” would be weird lol

12 Likes

Insecure, immature, and probably got a wounded heart or just to nosy. Young one, be careful what you ask for because you may not be ready for the answer. Trust, accountability, responsibility and loyalty are the 4 corners of a relationship- they are connected through open, honest and understanding communication.

1 Like

I do this type of stuff cause I’m just nosey​:rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I mean, doing it once is whatever… it’s being curious… but “keep looking them up”… well, that doesn’t seem very confident in your relationship…

5 Likes

I’ve done it in the past :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’ve done that and I wasn’t being honest with myself at the time… There was still the tiniest string of sadness left for what could’ve/might’ve been… The most freeing feeling, is when a couple YEARS had gone by and I realized I hadn’t thought about it or looked…

9 Likes

Had I not snooped out of boredom, my stepdaughter never would have known she has a new sibling.

I did it and I am not normal lol I am nosey af I even look up friends exes

Lmfaooooo I can openly admit I do. We’ve been married and together for almost 13 years but I’m a creep and nosey like that but we’re also friends on Facebook :tipping_hand_woman:t3::joy:

You know, I got accused of creeping my ex by his gf and they had everyone convinced, yet I never did :rofl::rofl: I lost interest once he was gone, he took many years of my life and I honestly can only remember the bad.

It depends. There is curiosity and there is stalking. I looked up one my husband ex’s just to put a face to her name. I don’t regularly “check in” to see what she is up to. As for me I have a couple ex’s that I genuinely am curious about and hope they are doing well. I look them up once in a while, but I would never take to a point of making any of them, or my husband uncomfortable.

Little weird tbh. It sounds like you have some issues you need to work through. If your relationship is good then you don’t have nothing to worry about. Constantly looking up his exs can cause issues between you guys though.

4 Likes

To do it once is normal I think. To keep doing it seems a little much.

5 Likes

No, hahaha. I could care less who my partner has been with in the past :rofl: I block my exes so that I don’t have to hear, see, or know of anything they’re doing. Hopefully they’re happy that’s all that matters.

I don’t know, but my husbands ex keeps showing up on my friend suggestion list and I don’t know why… he says it’s cuz she stalks me :woman_shrugging:t3: I’ve never searched for her, but I’m not sure how that works…

I would say you got too much time on your hands to be worried about others. Find a hobby

I don’t know how normal it is…but if you’re doing something unnecessary and its upsetting you, stop it. It’s a behavior you can control. Next time you find yourself doing it, use self discipline and stop yourself. Your mental health deserves it.

4 Likes

Take a time out from social media, and be honest with him.

If you’re still doing it, you’re not that confident there’s something in you that still doesn’t trust him or still wants to know information on him.  leave the past in the past.

I don’t look up my exes but I’d always look up his to the point it’d drive me crazy and actually drove us apart because I obsessed over her and them so much. I’d try to stop if you can.

5 Likes

No… They aren’t that interesting

Cause your a nosey rosey not as bad as a petty Betty but pretty close maybe love yourself more secure in your relationship or not u don’t seam secure with yourself and your decisions sounds like u have a bad cause of fomo!

I do this with a lot of people, just randomly think “oh I wonder how this person is doing” and then I look them up :joy: or it’ll be a person I don’t know, I’ll be years deep in their life and drama within 10 minute’s :joy:

15 Likes

What is looking them up adding to your life? Besides anxiety?

4 Likes

Because you are human and curious. Totally normal.

1 Like

In the very beginning because of curiosity I want to say yeah… but after that… no it’s weird. I don’t stalk any of my man’s exs, ever.

I’m on everyone’s profile just looking lol​:woman_shrugging:t3::laughing::woman_facepalming:t4:

Insecure. Try to think how lucky you are to have someone that others at one time wanted also.
I just heard a story of a girl, who went down the rabbit hole she said next thing she knew she was on a page looking at her exs bests friends grandfathers recent obituary.
Whats normal???:rofl:

You’re quite literally breaking your own heart. Causing yourself mental distress that isn’t necessary can have a lot of negative effects with your health. Obsessing over anything is unhealthy, but especially over things and people that serve you absolutely no purpose.

9 Likes

Says “I’m confident in our relationship” but does insecure things like stalks partners exs :woman_facepalming: if you really were confident in your relationship you wouldn’t feel the need to do this. Especially not after a year. Is it not enough that for 12 whole months, 365 days, that your partner has chosen to be with you and not their ex? Stalking and obsessing over your partners exs is so toxic

15 Likes

You need to see a therapist to get to the bottom of your behavior. Seems to be insecurities to me. Comparing yourself.

Sorry that’s creepy and stalker behaviour, you say you have moved on and realationship is good,actions speak later than word,I can understand for the first month or so but not after this long

1 Like

It’s the type of thing that we all are probably guilty of doing, we just don’t tell anyone. Lol
Mine are blocked. (They also have me blocked)

I’m a senior. Most of my exes are either dead or not on Facebook. Lol. Yes I have checked. The ones whose last names I remember. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah no. It’s not normal. Why are you concerned with people from his past if you’re “not insecure”?

That’s unhealthy. Who cares what they’re doing? That sounds like u r hoping u r doing better than them and need the validation. Unhealthy.

Yeaaaah. That’s not good. Not even a little bit.
For your own good, and personal mental health, stop hun.

Who can ultimately define normal? Do what you want

You do it because you’re comparing yourself to them. No other reason!!!

I so look on my husband’s ex’s pages . There like groupies they will repost pics of them and the family .they will befriend everyone on his friends list or in his circle. So I trust him but they got to be put in there place

Girl if you don’t what’s the point of social media :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Depends if you doing it because you’re insecure or just nosey. I’m nosey as fuck and Do it from time to time for a confidence boost

Yes, it’s weird. And wildly inappropriate. Leave these women alone. Their lives are none of your business. Doubt you would appreciate being creeped on like that.

Just make sure you’re not viewing their I.G or FB story
Cause they can see… my boyfriends ex has been creeping me for Years now!!!

Obviously i look to see if there an upgrade or a downgrade and im glad to say its always been a down grade :joy::joy::joy::joy:stay toxic ladies hahahahah

That’s a few blocks past weird. Definitely in the neighborhood of weird, creepy and stalker.

Psychotic behavior :woman_facepalming:t4:

Maybe you’re bored :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sounds like you are a drama queen

2 Likes

A few of my fiancés exes tried to add me lmao
Prolly just give yourself a break from social media for a bit

I get bored and I’ll snoop everybody under the sun, exs, old friends, people I barely know and people I’ve never even met but heard of. :joy:

It’s just curiosity, doesn’t mean anything unless you truly feel some type of way.

5 Likes