Is it okay that my baby sleep son their stomach?

My 6 month old likes to sleep on her stomach face down, is that okay?

6 Likes

I remember being taught to lie them on their back to sleep with no pillow but if they roll onto their front it’s fine.

No, baby needs to follow the ABCs Alone on Back in Crib. Only thing you can go is keep flipping him back to his back. If he’s facedown he can stop breathing

6 Likes

Just make sure nothimg is in her bed. When my daughter was born she went to Nicu and was always on her stomach

1 Like

If they roll on their own to their stomach leave them as long as their head is sideways so they can get proper air flow. Some kids are belly sleepers and that’s ok as long as they go there on their own, not placed on their bellies from the get go.

My 2 kids slept that way since birth and they were fine

Yes if he can roll over and is being monitored. While it’s not recommended because some babies end up face down and do not know how to roll over, if supervised and baby knows how to move, you should be ok.

My son is 8 months old and he has been sleeping on his stomach since about 5-6 months and to be honest, he sleeps longer like that. He seems so much more comfortable like that. I just kept an eye on him :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Every mom is different. Every kid is different. Follow your gut. Not the internet. My daughter slept with a lovey from newborn on… she’s 2 and still sleeping with it. Plus pillows and blankets. I kept an owlet monitor on her until she was 19 months old. If they’re rolling on their stomach, leave them alone. Everything is going to be fine 🫶🏻

As long as his face isn’t buried and he can turn and lift his head it’ll be okay. Put him on his back to start and if he rolls over then let him sleep. If you don’t feel comfortable, you can always roll him back over. :heart:

1 Like

My son was about 6/7 months and he always rolled over onto his stomach. I’d wake up a million times and roll him back over and I’d check again and he’d be on his stomach. I was losing so much sleep trying to roll him back over all night. I eventually just couldn’t anymore i was exhausted. I still checked on him but would leave him on his stomach because he preferred it. As long as his face was sideways and I could see he could breathe. We also didn’t have pillows or stuffies. He only had his one blanket on his legs only with his arms out

This can be very heated discussion. My opinion is if they can get themselves there and get themselves out and face isn’t buried and empty sleep space it’s fine.

1 Like

Yes, it’s perfectly normal and totally OK!

My boy started doing that around that age…I continued to move his head on the side because I was worried he won’t be able to breath…he kept putting his nose right back into the mattress. It’s just what babies do sometimes.

My son did this from 2 weeks old on. Obviously I was nervous and mentioned it to his doctor. She said “if he can roll himself in that position AND roll himself back, he’s fine” he was really mobile from the get go. He is also a very light sleeper so rolling him back he’d wake up for hours…
I also watched him choke on his spit up at a few days old from laying on his back. He’s almost 13 months now and only sleeps on his tummy. Only way he’s comfy :woman_shrugging:
Yes back is best, but some babies just don’t like it. To this day he hates being on his back. Diaper changes from 6 months old have had to be him standing up lol

ABC’s of sleep. Alone, on their back(until they can roll over) and in crib.

If they can roll it’s fine. If get can roll you’ll be up all night flipping them back and forth

If your child can roll themself over then that’s fine.

My newborns slept on their belly’s.

If baby is capable of rolling on their own then yes. Always lay on back.

During the day when I am by my baby she will sleep on her stomach. At night she sleeps on her back.

My son is almost 6 months and sleeps on his side :sweat_smile: once they start rolling by themselves it’s almost impossible to keep them on their backs :woman_shrugging:

Put him on his back. If he can roll over on his own you are good

Yes. At that age, they are strong enough to pick their heads up and their bodies have started alerting them if they can’t breathe etc. still always lay down on the back but if they can roll onto it, you’re fine. 

If he can roll himself over, yes

Dear God!!! It’s common sense. Girls stop being victims of the media and fake science. People find their niche from 0 to 100. One sleeps however comfortable. Can you imagine being told how to sleep and when you were comfortable. It’s a natural part of life. No one has ever rid the world of SIDS. 

1 Like

Yes as long as she is in a cot without a pillow
All babies will turn their heads automatically

As long as they put themselves there it’s fine.