Is it okay to drink tea while pregnant?

My drs never had a problem with caffeine with either of my pregnancies. I just couldn’t drink energy drinks which state on the can not to drink if pregnant anyways :woman_shrugging:t2:.

Yes it fine
Chamomile isn’t if don’t normally drink it but if do then it’s no risk

I had dr Pepper while pregnant I dont drink coffee, I had tea also but sweet tea only, all 3 of my boys healthy, still healthy in there 20s now :woman_shrugging: I went by what my relatives told me an more of what my grandmothers told me than my doctors​:kissing_heart:

I drink coffee every day. 32 weeks pregnant. All is good.

I drink coffee and tea. I’m 28 weeks

My kids were jacked up on Mt. Dew and Cherry Coke my whole pregnancy :sweat_smile: They’re mostly fine :woman_shrugging:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You can definitely have caffeine during pregnancy

2 Likes

200mg of caffeine is fine. First pregnancy I thrived on tea and coca cola
This pregnancy baby don’t like tea. So coca cola helps

1 Like

I did mine tured out good

No one ever told me not to drink tea or coffee :thinking:.

1 Like

When I was pregnant I used to drink raspberry leaf tea with a bit of sweetened almond milk, or coconut milk! So good!!

I’m 23 weeks with my third kid and drink caffeine everyday lol

You can have one cup of coffee a day when pregnant is ok

I drank soda coffee and tea during my pregnancies only because I craved it so bad lol you’ll be fine and so will baby

1 Like

I would drink raspberry leaf tea. It can shorten labour.

I drank tea my entire pregnancy. It was one of the only drinks that didn’t make me feel sick. Baby came out perfectly healthy and not any complications with the pregnancy or labor at all.

1 Like

I drink both kinds of tea while I was pregnant my doctor didn’t have a problem with it he just said do not overdo on herbal tea

2 Likes

My first pregnancy I was scared of everything and only drank water.

My second I drank soda, coffee, tea, etc. all the time.

Both my kids are healthy.

1 Like

You can caffeine while pregnant. 200 MG a day. Or 12 oz of coffee.

You will be okay if you choose to have caffeine every now and again.

You can have caffeine wile pregnant. They just don’t like you to go over 200mg a day. I Drank coffee both pregnancies. I remember with my oldest when I was 8 months pregnant I went to get my Venti PSL with an extra shot of expresso from Starbucks, after I got done ordering it and turned to go to wait to get it (you couldn’t tell I was preggo the back), as I was waiting the lady that had been behind me came over to the same area I was to get her drink and tried to start lecturing me on why I shouldn’t drink caffeine. I stopped her mid sentence and told her that “Old ladies trying to give people unwanted medical advice that isn’t their Dr isn’t good for their health either and you should mind your own damn business and leave me the hell alone.” She then tried to grab my drink and argue with me! It was nuts! She wound up getting kicked out. The people at Starbucks felt bad for me and wound up giving me a piece of bread by this time I had gotten upset and was crying. At the end of the day do what’s best for you. A little caffeine isn’t going to hurt that baby or you.

You can have tea or coffee

I got told no green tea, something to do with folic acid absorption

It’s completely fine, and so is caffeine in moderation

I never limited my coffee intake. All four kids are healthy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The only tea you need to be aware of is raspberry leaf tea as it can start you off so drink that if you go over

1 Like

I had HG. Coke was one of the only things i could keep down some days. My doctor said whatever i could keep down eat. My baby came out fine!

Raspberry leaf tea is actually recommended for your cervix while pregnant ( but only when you are getting closer to due date)
If still early on your pregnancy there is a brand called Traditional Medicinal’s that sells pregnancy tea :tea: it’s fruity and caffeine free ( they sell it at target, Walmart, Amazon etc)…
The problem with tea during pregnancy is herbs might have effects that could be negative for the baby so my Dr always said avoid herbal teas…
The same after having the baby and nursing, this brand I mentioned also sells one that is called mother’s milk that helps with milk production and doesn’t have anything herbal in it…

1 Like

You can have 200-220 mg of caffeine each day during your pregnancy

I had pop coffee and sweet tea during my pregnancy.

Raspberry or Licorice tea are ones you can’t have while pregnant, but teas that are like that also say on the box if you’re concerned!! I haven’t ever limited caffeine while pregnant I just make sure it’s coffee or something that doesn’t have ingredients that are bad for the baby.

Girl at my first appointment I told my doc the one thing I couldn’t give up was my cup of coffee in the morning :joy: she said 1-2 cups a days is perfectly fine, just limit other caffeine items. Just make sure you stay hydrated and push water! :heart:

2 Likes

You can definitely have caffeine—I have a cup a day and as needed 2 cups! Of course Check with your doctor, but most of the time it’s fine!

Tea is very high in caffeine.

Omg. I drink only dr.pepper with both my pregnancy. Over 40 year’s ago. My kids were just fine. These doctors now days are crazy.

1 Like

I drank tea with all 4 of my pregnancies and they are all healthy.

You can have small amounts of coffee. I drank that much coffee my blood group is coffee. Tea also has caffeine in it. Baby with be fine

I drank caffeine with both of mine

I drank redbulls and mountain dew during all of my pregnancies… So, Im not the best to give advice on this, me thinks… Lol but I think some tea isnt going to hurt you.

1 Like

I crave caffeine and I found it also relax myself and my baby so I would just do what feels right with you

They say drinking more than 200 mg of caffeine a day during pregnancy can cause low birth weight and/ or increase risk of miscarriage. What I know for sure is that I’ve had 5 kids, with my oldest son I was young and didn’t know anything I drank a LOT of Dr pepper way more than 200 mg worth. My son was born at 40 wks and 1 day and he was 7 lbs 4 oz. Side note he does have adhd which they say COULD have had something to do with the caffeine but there’s no proof. My other kids I tried to limit my caffeine except my youngest son. I was in the hospital for most of my pregnancy due to pprom. The staff up there didn’t let me have ANY caffeine ( it was aweful lol) they monitor everything I ate or drank and all my supplements and meds. My son was born at 31 wks exactly and 4 lbs 2 oz. Side note he also has adhd so I don’t think it’s got much to do with caffeine lol. If your worried about it limit your caffeine to under 200 mg but as far along as you are I highly doubt it would cause many problems of any.

I was told not to drink tea while pregnant because it takes nutrients away from the baby. I forgot exactly what nutrient but at the time it seemed important enough that I drastically cut tea from my diet. I still had an occasional tea but no where’s near what I normally drank

It’s fine. They don’t forbid caffeine anymore since it takes such a high amount to make a difference for your child. They say up to 100-200mg a day is fine.

I think you have to be somewhat careful of something in black teas, from what I remember it can make it where your body doesn’t absorb iron that well, but it should be fine if it’s only consumed in small amounts. As for herbal teas, I would avoid licorice, turmeric, and hibiscus. This far along I wouldn’t worry to much about it if you’re only drinking in small amounts, but I would definitely suggest googling the effects of herbal teas, especially if you’re interested in breastfeeding.

:woman_facepalming:i drank mt.dew, volt, and blue Powerade my whole pregnancy. They were the only drinks i could keep down. Nothing tasted right and milk ALWAYS tasted sour to me :nauseated_face:

1 Like

LMAAAAAO I drank coffee throughout both pregnancies. Kids are fine and beautiful :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I had black tea and coffee with both pregnancies just not hug amounts. So like a coffee in the morning and tea in the arvo or night.

Normally, herbal teas are totally fine, but always check that the ingredients are safe with either your doctor or pharmacist (a lot of times, pharmacist is the way to go, because that is their specialty afterall). I was trying to find a safe alternative to benzos for my anxiety while I was pregnant, & found that catnip tea could work well for that. Well, it’s a good thing I checked with my pharmacist first, because it turns out that catnip is contraindicated during pregnancy unless you’re TRYING to bring on labour, because it can cause pretty strong uterine contractions.

So yeah, just list the ingredients off & double check with a professional first!

Edit: Just so you know, catnip is pretty common in teas specifically for relaxation & sleep. For example, Sleepy Time tea contains catnip (or at least, it used to), so always check all of the ingredients.

I drank coffee like crazy with all 3 of my kids and all healthy. Where they come up with this new crap is beyond me. I know some pregnant people who drank like 6 mt.dews and coke daily and they all had healthy kids too. Now days people nit pick everything. I swear everything a person eats or drinks anymore is so horrible for health…lol

2 Likes

My mom drank no caffeine with me, but drank with my sister. We’re both fine and my sisters way closer to normal. You’re fine :rofl:

2 Likes

My Dr. told me I could have coffee with both of my pregnancies, just not too much. a cup a day never caused any issues.

1 Like

I drank about 5 teas a day… :woman_shrugging:

Not all green tea is caffeine free. I’m preggo now with my second and LOVE hot tea but I make sure it is CAFFEINE FREE

I drank coffee everyday with all 4 of my beautiful, healthy children.

1 Like

they say you can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day while pregnant and be perfectly fine, most people just think it affects the birth weight. honestly dk anyone that , that has happened to yet tho so, i think you’re good with whatever tea you wanna have

Raspberry tea should be avoided but other than that go for it. I sketchily remember that it brings on labor or something

I drank soda every day. A lot of it. In both my pregnancies. Both are fine.

1 Like

I know it’s not ideal but I drank at least one diet coke and one McDonald’s sweet tea nearly every single day of all three of my pregnancies and they’re perfectly healthy little girls.

1 Like

I drank coffee with all 4 of my kids all day long.With my 3rd(home birth)I was drinking red bull while in labor(I don’t recommend this at all but,I was in labor 23.5 hours)My kids are fine.Happy,healthy.

I drank coffee through not my pregnancies. It’s fine as long as there is no medical reasons the doctor tells you not to.

1 Like

I went off coffee and drank tea during my 6 pregnancies , when hospitalised during my first pregnancy I was given tea with my meals so I was sure it was ok to drink

I really do not recall having been told to not drink caffeine. I drank Dr. Pepper a lot lot. LoL my child had no issues . Dunno she is 31 now so maybe babies these days aren’t as resilient.

I drink Pepsi all the time. I don’t like coffee or tea. Xxx

1 Like

The recommended limit is less than 200mg of caffeine per day, which is what I stuck to with both my pregnancies.

2 Likes

Yea I had coffee with all 3 of my kids… no issues

2 Likes

I was so nauseated with my twins, the only liquid that didn’t make me want to puke was cold brew raspberry black iced tea. I drank a ton of it everyday and it had caffeine. My twins were perfectly healthy and I stayed hydrated.

I drank unsweetened tea through both of my pregnancies and one sugar free cappacino a day with no issues

Caffeine free tea isn’t necessary safe with pregnancy. Many are. You have to look at specifically is in the tea. Certain herbs in tea should be avoided.

2 Likes

Some caffeine is ok as long as the doc knows and you don’t have any health issues that caffeine could exacerbate. Enjoy your teas, madam.

2 Likes

I do. And I DEF drink caffeine - pregnant with #6 I have a big iced coffee every morning and alot of days a med mid day as well. I do drink TONS of water in between but no way I’m not drinking my coffee

2 Likes

I drank a monster a day with both my pregnancies. My dr had told me no more than 300mg of caffeine a day.

I drank tea all the time. And raspberry tea help me go into active labor at 38 weeks.

2 Likes

As long as your not over 300mg of caffeine your good

Tea is probably fine
I drink soda, have with all my pregnancies, and no issues, drank 3 cups of coffee a day with my first cos I was a waitress at a diner :joy:

1 Like

In most cases it’s ok. I drank tea and coffee in moderation.
Always check with your doctor to find out what’s the best recommendation for your specific case.

1 Like

I drank coffee with my first one…only a cup tho, but that’s the only caffeine drink I drank during pregnancy. No sodas or energy drinks of any kind. My first one came out fine…prego with me second one and zero complications! Actually helps me from being constipated.

I had Starbucks Fraps with extra shot of espressos, lattee, black coffee, sodas, tea. My kids all 3 ages 13,10, and 4 are perfectly healthy.

2 Likes

I drink tea while pregnant but my dr cut me off cause I was losing amniotic fluid and tea makes you pee a lot. Me losing the amniotic fluid was not due to drinking the tea. I was a high risk pregnancy to begin with. She monitored my baby with a ultrasound every week to measure my fluid and then hooked me to the machine to make sure he was not in distress and I wasn’t having contractions

I drank coffee all through my pregnancies and had the worst craving for iced coffee with them all also :joy:

I had my daily mountain dew with both of my pregnancies. Had 2 perfectly healthy babies! Caffeine is hard to just stop immediately and can cause major headaches. So do whatever you feel safe with💕

1 Like

Caffeine is ok under 200mg a day, coffee, green and black tea all have caffeine unless they’re specifically decaffeinated.
My midwife told me to avoid herbal teas.

2 Likes

Theres nothing wrong with caffeine lol. Its all in moderation.

I’m due on Tuesday! I been drink red raspberry teas.

You can drink CAFFINE in certain amounts. Your baby will be fine.

2 Likes

Haha…of all the caffeine I consumed with all 4 of my pregnancies🤣
Mama still needed to be awake lol.
Coffee, tea, Pibb was a new one this last time.

I drank soda with all 4 of my pregnancies. No issues.

Ask YOUR DOCTOR. People on the interwebs can’t tell you what is or isn’t safe for your baby.

1 Like

Girl I drink tea n soda my whole pregnancy I drink n ate what I wanted all it does is gain belly weight not baby weight. It’s weight you will have to loose your self

A little caffeine is okay

I drink tea with mine

I am not a tea fan, but I drank one cup of decaf coffee a day through out my pregnancy, and my baby was fine. Decaf coffee has small amounts of caffeine in it.

Yes its absolutely fine

Here’s a thought… just ask your doctor.

Ask your doctor not strangers on Facebook.

Girl I drank red Bull with both of my kids hahah, they’re the chillest kids ever :rofl:

I drank coffee… one cup a day … my son is perfectly fine

I drank tea while pregnant! No harm was done to my baby girl :heart:

I drank coffee and Dr
Pepper with all 3 of my pregnancies And my babies had no problems happy health adults now !!!

I drank tea an coffee right through both mine an my kids are ok

Hahahahahahaha ohhhh boyyyy I worked as a debt collector for a car financing company and we had unlimited overtime as well as 28 scheduled days a month. Living on coffee and caffeine, may be the only thing my son drank for at least a trimester. No complications, but a very very long labor I believe it was 23 to 24 hours and I needed pitocin

Hell I smoked pot with my last two babies all the time…no problems one weighted in at 10 pds 11 oz the other was 11 pounds 11 ounces so tell me how did coffee or pot hurt mine lol. Oh low back th weight babies with smoking…that’s bullshit. None of mine were small…the other two was 12pd 3 ounces and the other 9 pound 10 oz. Completely healthy grown kids.