Is it possible my cat is seeing a ghost?

My cat did the same thing . Scared the :poop: out of me she did it for days ! I even took video come to find out we had a squirrel in the wall and she heard it !!!

7 Likes

I lost my brother like 3 weeks ago and when he was alive he would always sit on my moms chimney. Every night my 4 year old passes by and tells him bye . I’m like wth

2 Likes

Cats sense and see ghost! Same as children! My son would wake up in the middle of the night and point at a specific area! I had my pastor come and bless the apartment! Found out later that someone had died in the apartment years before😳

4 Likes

This is actually a sign of a neurological disorder. You should call your vet to rule that out right away.

3 Likes

Sounds neurological, you should have her tested. Though I believe in the paranormal 100%, my shelter experience kicks in. See if it could possibly be something else medical first. Good luck!:yellow_heart:

2 Likes

There are a lot of beliefs that suggest it isn’t good to do it while pregnant or near a new soul so I wouldn’t.

Sometimes cats are just really dumb…

3 Likes

It’s more likely you have a critter in your wall though

6 Likes

When I was pregnant I believe my sons guardian angel hung around until he was about 2 weeks old and left🤍

Ummm who ya gonna call? Call “ghost busters” Lol! Sorry couldnt resist it​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Always trust your instincts!

You are being redirected....

First, ya don’t just burn sage and expect a miracle to happen.
Second, if you feel this way it’s up to you to FORCE it out.

You light the sage and go throughout your home making sure you get the inside of the closets, inside the cabinets, under the beds, the spot the cat is staring and all corners of your home while adamantly and forcefully repeating “get out, whatever you may be you are not welcomed here so leave now.”

From my point of view, it sounds like you have an issue with you boyfriends best friend. You directly linked your cat seeing ghosts and her stopping by. Then went straight to, “How can I tell his [female] friend she can’t come over anymore for the fact that there IS a problem.”

7 Likes

Typical hormonal ghost

1 Like

Wait until your baby starts staring at empty areas too because they do. There will be nothing there but they are fascinated. Bet that will freak you out too. Lol Though I wouldn’t freak unless bad stuff started happening. I believe there are both good and bad spirits around us. No reason to freak about that either. Like I said unless you notice bad things happening it really is nothing to freak over.

1 Like

Did your friend leave anything behind? There might be a mouse in the wall area. Cats could hear where you wouldn’t. What does your cat do if you walk over to the space your cat is staring ? Carry the cat with you and see how it reacts. I am thinking you have a mouse in your wall. Spirits, ghosts I don’t disregard them.

Candice Rainey-Burt, I need these to start being edited for comprehension.

1 Like

I think I’d agree with the comments about a possible mouse as my cat does the same sometimes and then he catches a mouse then he’ll bring it to me Or he even does it outside then chases the birds

Cats hear things we don’t hear and see better than we do in dim light. It’s not a spirit, just a mouse or even a bug in the wall.

1 Like

One of my cats catches socks and howls loudly to proclaim her find.

I don’t think a spirit would stay in the exact same spot all day long. It takes a lot of energy for a spirit to mana fest. At least that’s what I understand from research.

1 Like

If your cat has started to stare at the wall you need to take him to the vets ASAP as this is actually a sign something is wrong

It might be a mouse in the wall. We has a cat do the same, and we would hear the scratches. It is (in my opinion) more logical and less frightening. :rofl::rofl:

Even if it was a spirit why decide it is a bad thing. In this instance take your cat to the vet as sitting in the one place for so long needs to be checked. Some believe cats can see spirits, that many cats act as guardians. Do not be scared.

Or a mouse in the wall

Mouse in the wall…

1 Like

As long as your cat isn’t hissing or completely freaking out your good. Your pregnant. It’s possible it’s not a ghost per say, just positive things saying hi you can’t see. Or a rodent. As long as the cats fine, your safe. Friends will be fine too. But watch the eating thing, you don’t want your cat watching out too much and not getting food.

Cats can hear animals in walls. My cat did that and turns out we had a possum!

2 Likes

You must be a Pisces :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

Most like there is something in the wall she can smell or hear. My cat did same thing with dishwasher, when it wasn’t even running. After a few weeks, started to smell something dead. Sure enough had dishwasher pulled out, & behind it was a dead mouse.

1 Like

If it bothers you ask the spirit if it be is there in the white light and if not to please leave
Spirit cannot stay if it’s not in the white light

My 2yr old son has “seen” his great great gma at my mil house… There was no possible way he would ever know her bcuz she had passed away years ago but he specifically said gma b (we called her gma birdie) played with him and loved on him. My mil was using the bathroom and heard him talking to her.

1 Like

Could have a mouse nesting in the wall, cats can hear that but then don’t have the rational to k ow it’s not just gonna pop out of a closed off wall, put ur ear up to where the cats looking, u might hear the noise too

2 Likes

I think you may have a critter of some sort in your wall. When my cats always stare intently at a spot a few days later I’ll have a little food gift (:mouse2:) from one of them.

1 Like

I’m a nanny and the newborn and the family dog was obsessed with a spot in the living corner, kid used to look up and stare and laugh and you could even see when she’d turn her head and follow the “ghost” like it was entertaining her, the dog used to just stare at the spot and bark a lot this happened for a few months, I was there Mon-Fri from 8-4:30 the same spot but then the family moved downstairs to a bigger apartment and it never happened again

Oh yes they can see them. It’s been proven that animals can see and hear things that humans can’t

It sounds more like your cat is sick. Take it to the vet.