Is it possible my newborn and I don't get the flu if my son has it?

My son has the flu and I just gave birth…is it possible that my daughter and I will not get it? Or should I prepare for it

4 Likes

Definitely prepare for it. Try your best to keep brother and sister away from each other. I’m assuming you will be the one taking care of your son. Wash your hands :raised_hand: non-stop. Sanitize common areas such as the bathroom, light switches, doorknobs etc…

3 Likes

Just try take precautions sanitize and disinfect everything bedding is important to wash frequently too I know it’s a lot especially right after having a baby

The past few years we have been able to not spread it but this year it hit our whole family within a matter of hours. 10/12 of us had dinner together and got it

My 17yo,had the flu.I was near get a lot(it was the first time anyone in my family,kids,ex husband,myself,ever had the flu)I never caught it.I think it’s bc I am constantly sanitizing my hands,house.I think of you load up on vitamin c to bowl tolerance (if you’re nursing)you and baby should be okay Just keep sanitizing and have baby have little contact.

It’s possible but definitely prepare for it. Try your best to keep them separate and sanitize everything.

Wash your hands often, and just use hot soapy water to clean, all the toxins that are in disinfectants and bleach are not good for any of you. Take vitamins, vitamin c, d and zinc.

Keep baby away from your sick kiddo. Keep the window open a bit as well.

My 10 year old had it last year, I never did catch it. Also, if you got vaccinated during your pregnancy, baby should have antibodies.

Yes it’s possible not to get it. But you should also prepare for it. Wash hands, surfaces, crack a window for fresh air. If possible keep the baby in a separate room from the sick one.

Try to separate as best as you can. Scrub your hands and change shirts between holding both babies

Prepare for it my husband and I got it when my baby was a month old I sent her to my moms for 4 days but I’m thinking she still caught it she had a cough and sneeze for several weeks

Always prepare for the unexpected no matter what. So just be prepare that you may catch it but if I remember correctly as long as you’re breastfeeding the newborn should be immune. (Don’t quote me on that it’s been 15 almost 16 years since I had a baby lol). But just prepare like I said. As hard as it is he shouldn’t be around her right now until he’s over the flu. When you’re around him just make sure to wash hands with hot soapy water. And maybe sanitize the household (yes even while he’s sick) too.

Always that possibility when I had my daughter a month later I got covid and I had 2 other small children in the house I was the only care taker after having a c section and I wore a mask and took every precaution above and beyond and none of my children got it I was so thankful

I’m not saying to do so because I could sense a negative reaction coming, but what I WOULD do is wear a mask, sanitize common surfaces and try to keep children apart.

1 Like