Is it possible that my ex gets custody?

Does he have any kind of record or do the children know him if either are an issue ask for supervised visits they will cost him if he’s truly not vested in them he will back off

File abandonment charges and child support. Get an attorney

Is he the biological dad to the kids? Just because he did not sign their birth certificates does not stop him from taking you to court, should he decide to. All he has to do is prove by DNA he is their dad. Get a lawyer!

No. He has to prove he is their father first. As it stands, he has no rights regarding your children. If DNA shows him to be their father it is still unlikely the court would award him custody.

He could take you to court but very unlikely he’d get custody. He’s probably trying to scare you.

Don’t use a lawyer the will take all your money. They have free services at the court to help you. Go for child support show proof he hasn’t been involved in your child life. I went through the same thing and won full custody and my ex has to pay child support . Just stay positive.

Why is he wanting custody now when he has not been a part of their lives up to this point

He can take you to court but I don’t think he could get custody maybe visitation. Good luck!

I don’t think he would be able to because he is not on the birth certificate. If he has not been paying child support in any way.

My ex husband’s lawyer laughed at him. He said you left them. Not a chance in heck.

DNA test. If proved he has to pay for test $500. Then sue for back child support and legal cost. Should cost him a good $100,000 thousand.

Depending on what state this is, child support has zero to do with visitation.

He could possibly get visits but they aren’t going to turn over custody to a total stranger.Unless you are beyond unfit…and imo but get a lawyer I would not file for child support or anything . Let him take you to court to prove paternity which then the state will out him on child support if you have gotten anytyoe of assistance then he has to file again for custody. I would just let him do his threats but make him get the ball rolling in court

He can take you to court for anything, but will he win custody? No. He will likely be given visitation rights.

Why Not put a father down on Birth certificate? how mean to the child that is awful

Years ago an x tried to prevent me from moving out of state with his daughter. Judge shut him down since he had not visited in over a year.

Get a lawyer. It varies from state to state and even judge to judge. The internet is a horrible place to get legal advice.

The Courts like to make things last forever so they can keep charging you…:thinking:

Depends on the state u live in. Intact a lawyer. In our area, most will answer questions for free.

He can try. But Judges are not fools.

File for full custody. In your opinion… you do not know who the father is. Then if he chooses to try and file anything he has to challenge l enge your custody. Put a p.o. box as your address so he don’t come around.

In some states, all he needs is proof that he is the father !

Who can afford a lawyer go down to family court and get an advocate

I don’t have much but do have my own car & home. My son has his room, I bust my azz working 60 hrs a week. My sons father fought me. He wanted full custody & we now have joint. I have primary & he gets him almost all holidays, summer break. We rotate Christmas & thanksgiving. There will be drug test , make sure the child has own room if old enough, food in home etc.

I think he has to prove he’s the father.

Yes but first has to establish DNA. And risk child support payments if he has not been paying.court and court fees. Check with attorney. He will have to be serious and follow through.then if he does all that he will probably get visitation,if he proves fit. Also you have to be fit to have the child and provide if dhs has been involved with you and child he’ll have a better chance

If he goes for a dna and wants any custody sue him for child support and back child support starting when the child was born. If he does not want to pay he can always sign away his paternal rights.

1 Like

He may get some kind of visitation after paternity is proven but he would have to prove you as unfit to get full custody. You have been sole caretaker. He might even have to have monitored visitations until the kids are familiar with him

He doesnt have to be on the birth certificate he can petition the courts for a DNA test…and if he can prove negligence on your part then yes he can file for custody. . And god help ya if he can afford an attorney.

Ask a lawyer not untrained people ffs.

No away hell he dezover custody of the children

Get a lawyer…don’t reply on advice from a Facebook post…

He can try but may not get very far with it

Maybe you need a lawyer

God bless America :us:.
Hello everyone am looking for a serious Christian sister for a long term relationship that can lead to marriage s anyone interested should add me up and also send me a message. Regards

What state are you in?
Different states, different laws.
In Ohio, for example, if the father isn’t listed on the birth certificate then no man can request a DNA test on that child.
Unless you’re trying to get child support or something. Then they will test the man.
But no random male can request a DNA test on your child, even if they think they are the father.
Because if they are not the father, it would be an invasion of the child’s privacy.
There’s actually a named law for it, but I can’t remember it.
But it’s different state to state.