Is it possible to get rid of a FUPA?

This has always been something I hate about my body. Other than having cosmetic surgery I don’t know how to get rid of it. I’ve tried diet and exercise and nothing seems to work. I have to be careful what type of leggings or jeans I buy so it’s not visible.
84 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it possible to get rid of a FUPA? - Mamas Uncut

Yes! But it takes some work. Not like sit ups or core builders because that will actually push that extra layer out. But there’s a product I used off Amazon called Sweet Sweat (it’s a topical solid thermogenic oil) plus the belly band. The idea is to do whatever to increase your body temp and the band/oil will insulate that heat and melt that layer of fat. I would wear it while out running/walking or playing with the kids or cleaning. It took a while but that product tightened the skin that thermogenic melted that layer of extra fat to a tighter, flat area

12 Likes

Embrace it mama you’re beautiful

4 Likes

It’s the muscle separation from having children…you can do core exercises that may help, or you can embrace the Fupa… Surgery isn’t an option for every mom but I believe that’s the only way to completely get rid of it.

ALTER EGO CLOTHING join this group, do some research of your own. I’ve seen some amazing results from all body types.

2 Likes

I’ve been struggling loosing the fupa part of my stomach and recently started drinking these ketones packets and I’ve been seeing my fupa part go down. I don’t exercise because of my hip injury . So a minimal 30 min walk works perfefect for me. And no I don’t crazy keto diet either

1 Like

There’s this woman I follow on instagram. Her name is “mimifitmom” she teaches easy workouts to help with fupa. I haven’t tried it because I have no energy but I’ve seen her progress & she just had a baby. She shows her real body & I think this might help you.

I’m on tiktok alot and alot of people call their belly that hangs a fupa and its not lol. A fupa is the mons pubis, ‘fatty upper pubic area’ i don’t have any advice tho I’m sorry about that

13 Likes

There is a difference between q FUPA and a mom apron. You are referring to a mom apron it sounds like as a FUPA is your pubic area, not your stomach.
Get checked for diatis recti

2 Likes

AEC corsets y’all!!!

ive always called it a pee bag

2 Likes

If you can exercise/diet, whatever to get rid of yours more power to ya. I had to get surgery to remove mine. But even though it got rid of mine I don’t recommend it to anyone based on the fact that I ended up with a 30cmX15cmX1inch deep open wound that required 5 months of wound care and 2 months of a wound vac care to get rid of it. Now I’m stuck with a horrible scar and I’m not eligible for a scar revision due to not having enough skin to stretch out to revise it.

4 Likes

All these comments about a fat cat have me cracking up :joy:

3 Likes

A fupa is not part of your belly lol its your kitty.

3 Likes

good luck girl. I’ve had a fupa my whole life. Skinny or fat it’s been there. More guys have liked it than not so I’d say do t worry about it lmao.

8 Likes

It is possible but strick diet and exercise is the only way. Unless surgery

Wear compression garment… fajas embrace your body to a better apperance

2 Likes

I have one after my c section and it is so hard to embrace.

6 Likes

Michele Ciurlino-Hurff

crazy lady finally blocked me :joy_cat: I didnt even say anything to her.

2 Likes

This is a FUPA which literally translates to Fat Upper Pubic Area. If you’re talking about your lower abdominal area below your belly button then you aren’t talking about your FUPA. Not everyone has it and it’s not caused by having children.

18 Likes

Alot of guys actually like it… Embrace it… But if its because of how you feel do lower abdominal exercises its fat you have muscle itll go away

2 Likes

Omg I have the same issue!!! :sob:! I make sure all of my shirt cover it!!! It’s so terrible. Fupa also known as mons pubis. And I have read about it, basically diet and exercise and if that doesn’t work surgery is the only option that I saw… It’s tough! Very self conscious

1 Like

If you have had, kids you may have diastis recti (abdominal muscle seperation) that can cause an over hang/apron over groin. This can (but not always) be healed with certain exercises.

2 Likes

Okay but fr the people laugh reacting this fucking suck. Let’s try women empowering women rather than laughing at them when reaching out for help.

Yall q fupa is not the same thing as a skirt! What most of you are talking about and complaining about is a skirt or mom pooch and that is a pelvic floor issue most of the time or could be from muscles separating in lower abdomen during pregnancy! A fupa is literally when your body stores extra fat right above your vagina!!!

lift weights fill that space with rock hard abs

Weightlifting did it for me. Deadlifts, squats and bent rows is what I did for 4 months it helped with a protein and iron rich diet. Be patient with yourself.

5 Likes

It can shrink, but no girl, she’s not going anywhere unless you pay lots of money & cut her off :scissors:

you’re probably talking about an apron belly, not a fupa

9 Likes

I been doing research and it seems as being in a calorie deficit helps. I did it for a longtime along with waist training and exercise and it definitely got rid of most of it.

1 Like

Are you talking about this or this? Sometimes people get it confused

24 Likes

I just pick it up with my belly and shove it in my bridget jones pants😉

29 Likes

Just saw this today.

15 Likes

Okayyyy but is someone gonna help me with my big ole phat cat or nah :laughing:

29 Likes

Its fat upper pubic area, diet and exercise.

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re referring to as a FUPA.
A mummy tummy is the area just ABOVE the pubic bone and below the navel that may be composed of subcutaneous fat and protruding tissues from a diastasis recti (a separation of the abdominus and fascia). A FUPA is extra fat covering the pubic area also known as a mons pubis. A mummy tummy may resolve with weight loss and toning the abs if the diastasis minor. Otherwise it may require surgical intervention to become flat. The mons pubis typically does not respond to weightloss and would likely need liposuction or nonsurgical procedure like cool sculpting to eliminate.

7 Likes

When ppl lose weight it’s the last thing to go but it does go … if u have 5 lbs left to reach ideal weight … those last 5 are lower belly but it does go

3 Likes

Check out Tiffany Herr results…I am sure she’d answer any questions!

1 Like

Acv honey lemon juice water

2 Likes

If you’ve done all that you can do… not having any/anymore kids… have the surgery. If you’re suffering from diastasis recti diet and exercise won’t fix it. That’s muscle separation… you need surgery for that. Go online. Join a couple of fb cosmetic surgery groups… see what people are saying. You’ll get a better understanding of what’s possible as far as surgery goes.

11 Likes

Planking,crunches and bicycle riding
I have a heap to still go but have noticed a difference with these 3
Also you’ll get lose skin down there too :woman_facepalming: so you never win :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Don’t change nothing if ya gots a phat cat! Men love it like that! :woozy_face:

12 Likes

Fupa and lower belly fat are wayyyyyy different, lower belly fat touches the Fupa, it’s not the Fupa

3 Likes

Follow @mimifitmom on Instagram.

Educate me. What is a FUPA?

1 Like

It’s fat… only thing that is going to help is diet and exercise. And when you say you already tried that what are we meaning.? You tried for a few weeks or months and gave up or…???

1 Like

Try fasting. Look into the safe ways to do it online. It gets so much hate but it’s effective, done by so many countries, soldiers, and many dieters that KNOW there’s many more health benefits to it than just losing weight. Theirs a hormonal reset that goes on inside that I absolutely 1k%!! Recommend to anyone that’s ready for son positive health changes.
No, fasting is not an eating disorder. You will still eat. Research the proper ways to fo it, and start small.
Up your lean proteins, realistically you need to target those muscles wrk them daily (or when you wrkout) and feed your body good sources of lean proteins. Salmon eggs and spinach. Spinach does a few things in the way it aids your body while you work out, don’t skip it.

9 Likes

Yess I e lost weight but that fupa is still there for me it’s excess fat and skin in one area I wanna get a mini tuck but ya know I ain’t got 6 grand to just fork out and no one to help me afterwards

1 Like

Join the alter ego waist training Facebook group. They will show you the way…

1 Like

Look into getting a WAIST TRAINER… join the group waist training 101 on fb… real results…

2 Likes

This has been a very educational thread for me! I had to read lots of comments to figure out what the heck a fupa is! It honestly makes me feel better to know that skinny women can have those too! I always thought it only happened to fat girls! After dropping almost 80lbs mine is still there!

3 Likes

Some people naturally have one because your organs are there . For some people it’s impossible to have such a flat stomach appearance

1 Like

Eat clean, drink more water and stay away from carbs and sugar. Carbs and sugar are the leading cause of unwanted belly fat. It’s not going to happen over night but you can do it! Also being active for 1hr a day can really help to

2 Likes

Why tf would u not want that?!

Lower abdominal exercises

1 Like

Y’all a Fupa is your :cat: area not your belly :joy::sob:

13 Likes

No fasting or dieting will work…and most normal workouts make it worse…your talking about the separation or gap in your pelvic floor muscles…look into workout for diastasis recti…it workouts based on pelvic floor muscles and closing the gap or tear in your muscles… normal workouts can make it worse or be the reason why… people who are or have been overweight,had children or done damage has it…it’s near impossible to loose believe me Iv been trying even with the workouts but iv got 4 kids and it’s hard to find the time to myself let alone to wanna work out…kegels also help strengthen the muscles in the pelvic area…do some research on diastasis recti and the proper excersies to help not damage or make it worse…also read on any of the information places that it will take time and commitment…some are saying a waist trainer but it can be more damaging then good it doesn’t let your muscles do what they need to do…it just holds them for you and can cause more issues…a waist trainer when working out to make sure you don’t over stress them would be the only time I’d recommend using a waist trainer ( or for underneath something a bit tighter) they aren’t good for all the time use but why the extra fat built up that you can’t ever seem to get rid of ad the how to get rid of is all in the stuff you can research when looking into diastasis recti…a normal crunch in a workout can be damaging and making it worse therefore causing it to build more fat instead of loosing it…look into it there is also a FB page ( several) on this exact issue and the things to do…

3 Likes

A lot of men like fupas

1 Like

My kids call my lower belly fat a cupcake :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t2:just tuck it into everything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like