Is it possible to have post partum depression 12 months later?

Is it possible to have postpartum depression after 12 months? Lately, it been an emotional rollercoaster. My daughter was 13 weeks and two days early. I know that could be the main reason. I still blame myself for her being so early even though I had preeclampsia, and that’s not controllable. I’m just not myself. Since her birth, I have not got to my pre-pregnancy weight. I always pass up eating and hardly ever dress up for anything. I don’t know what to do or say. Please HELP!

10 Likes

Yes it is, talk to your doctor

2 Likes

Go talk to a doctor ASAP

1 Like

It’s possible to develop PPD up to 18 months PP

I had a similar situation where I had preeclampsia and hellp syndrome with a way premature delivery and went thru a really rough time at about a year. I ended up going to counseling (and still am going for three years now). I also am on escitalopram started 10mg and moved to 20mg that made a world of difference for me. I urge you to at least start with a counseling appointment and also a visit with your primary care to discuss options for medication if interested in that as well. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health and you don’t deserve to go on feeling like that anymore :heart:

It’s totally possible!!!
Don’t blame yourself!

Make sure you eat woman! And whenever you feel like dressing up, do it! Even if you are just going to be chasing children or cleaning!

1 Like

That is the most common time actually. Don’t suffer get help immediately.

Starving yourself like that will not help you lose weight

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better soon :heart:

You’ll not ge the 1st and certainly wont be the last. If you dont already go to baby groups maybe try find some local to you it might also help. I really enjoy going with my little one xxx

I had post partum depression for years afterwards.

If you have insurance you can go to a therapist

Talk to your doctor asap

6 yes later here but I also have a 4 and 2 yr old so don’t know if it’s still from my first or one of my younger ones

1 Like

Reach out to your doctor - I had a bad case of PPD after my first child. On meds with LOTS of help from my and my hubby’s family - I was a mess. Couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat and was 100% convinced I had no idea how to take care of my own baby (mind you at the time I worked in a daycare). Started meds before my second was born - completely different experience. But I still let people help me so I wouldn’t get overwhelmed. More women than you think have or have had PPD - reach out for help.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter whether it’s PPD or not. You’re depressed and you can feel better! See your doctor right away.

Sending prayers your way.

PP lasts until your hormones return to prepregnancy levels. That being said, every one is different. Some ladies never know the pain of PP while some struggle for years after because their hormones will not regulate back. Talk to your doc and remind yourself that its the PP talking when stuff gets tough.

We all have different feelings after having a baby after all it’s a big responsibility,unless you don’t want the baby to start with