Is It Time to Pack Up and Leave My Boyfriend?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"I have been living with my guy for about a year. He has told me to get out several times. And tells me, there's the door! He has said this sober and drunk. Next day, he is sorry and doesn't want me to leave…..and has also told me he doesn't care, really. Just need reassuring that its time to pack my stuff no matter how much he wants me to stay the next day. Right?"

RELATED: Prince Harry On Leaving The Royal Family: ‘I Have No Regrets’

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"I would leave. Why stay when you get talked to like that, he obviously feels a certain type of way. You deserve better!"

"Why are you still there?? Pack you stuff, hold your head high and run out the door. Treat yourself right! It is better to live on the street with dignity then in and house with disrespect. God bless you!"

"Honey just leave. He flips between wanting you and not caring if you were there or not. You deserve to have someone who wants you you be around through thick and thin. Sounds like he’s made his stance pretty clear even if he goes back on it and says he doesn’t really want you to go. Hold your head high and walk away."

"Sounds like you should have been gone a long time ago"

"That’s not love … he has issues and needs to address those before he can ever actually be in a healthy relationship. You’re not in the right place or right time in his life unfortunately. Do him and you the favor and leave."

"Girl he’s told you multiple times, listen to him. You deserve better"

"Yeah he’s told you over and over to leave and that he doesn’t care. Why stay? Leave and find someone better"

"Oh that would be no question in my mind as to whether or not to leave, I’d be gone. I would get out as soon as possible. This guy is obviously mixed up and playing with your emotions. Move on and find someone that will truly love you, trust me you will have peace of mind and not have to worry about these mind games. If he truly loved you he wouldn’t be torturing you constantly by telling you to get out and then ask you to stay. He probably just doesn’t want to be alone and that’s too bad for him, let him find someone else. He’s obviously taking advantage of your good nature. Good women and men are hard to find."

"If you have to ask then you already know."

"Regardless what HE says, you deserve better and it’s time to go."

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW: