Is it too soon to get married?

I met my current boyfriend on POF in 2019. We talked for a few months, then stopped cause he started dating someone else. They broke up in Aug of 2020 we reconnected end of that September. We live an hour away from each other, but we make it work. We just fit well together, and I haven’t been happier. He loves my kids like his own as I do him; he proposed to me yesterday, and I said yes, but I have friends who think it’s too soon. Is it too soon? He’s 41, and I’m 44, if that matters.

13 Likes

Not if you feel its right in your heart

My husband and I knew each other for 2 months and got married. We have been together for 10yrs.

It’s up to you how you want to go about it.

2 Likes

live your life how you see fit, dont let anyone tell you “its too soon” if it feels right to you, then go for it!

3 Likes

My husband and I had our first date in January married in august. We also met on POF

No one can tell you if it’s too soon, other than you.

No one knows your relationship other than you two.

If you think you guys are ready, trust yourself.

My husband and I started dating in October of 2018, engaged March of 2019, married October 2019… so if your happy go with it…

If you are both happy, go with it!

1 Like

Only you know if it’s too soon, or if you don’t feel ready. Just because you are engaged it doesn’t mean you have to get married tomorrow.

1 Like

My mom and step-dad meet and was married 5 days later I swear to God, they have been married for 13 yrs now

1 Like

We met in like Feb; got engaged in April; married the following May and just had our 31st anniversary last week.

2 Likes

You do you girl. If you’re happy go with it

My grandparents knew each other for 2 days before getting married and they lived a long and happy life together. You know if its the right choice deep down. If everything feels right and everything makes sense when you’re together then who cares what people think. If you’re concerned then do a trial run on living together and see how that goes

1 Like

My husband & I was together 2 months before he proposed, now we’ll be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this year ! If you have ANY doubts I’d walk away or wait . If not GO for it !

1 Like

You’re only engaged you don’t have to get married until you’re ready. I’ve been engaged for 6 years was supposed to get married last June but COVID hit so new date is June 20th of this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If it feels right to you, it feels right. There is no magic number of years for a lasting relationship.

My husband (who I met on pof :blush:) moved in with me after 3 months with his 3 kiddos from previous marriage and my 1 kiddo. Proposed on our 1 yr anniversary, adopted my son 8 months later had our daughter 3 months after that and got married 3 years later … we basically rushed all BUT the marriage :rofl: but that’s because I knew what I wanted for my one and only wedding and we needed to wait for the funds to make it happen. It was beautiful and I love the fact our children were all a part of it for our memories :heartpulse: Basically though if it feels right then go for it! Communication is key :key::ok_hand::100:

I met and married my husband in a matter of about 10 months, celebrating our 9 year anniversary today. When you know, you know :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

When you know you know. I knew I shouldn’t have married my first husband and did it anyways bc we had kids together. After 18 ugly years we divorced and I met “my person.” We knew we wanted to get married 2 months into it. We had planned to get married this year but due to COVID we’re waiting so we can have the wedding we deserve. Although I would highly recommend moving in together first because you never know. My fiance moved in a month into it as I needed a deterrent for my ex to stay away so we moved really fast but like I said, when you know you know.

1 Like

We didn’t get married quickly but I also met my husband on POF. He’s also 5 years younger than me. We had 420 miles in between us. We talked for 3 months, spent 4 nights together and then he moved that 420 miles to move in with me and my daughter. Many people said it was too soon. We just passed 9 years of being together, 3 of those we’ve been married. My opinion: fuck what other people think. Do what feels right to you guys.

Time doesn’t matter the love is what matters

Who cares what others think. Do you!

My husband and I met back in 2012 dated for a few months then things happened that were out of our control we separated and we apart for 7 years no contact whatsoever all those years circumstances changed we reconnected Oct 2019, got engaged March 2020, bought our first home together May 2020, just got married March this year!! My in laws met, got engaged and married within 6 months and are fixing to celebrate 48 years together!!! When your heart knows it knows!!!

1 Like

Your questioning. Says it all.

1 Like

I met my husband in nov of 2010, started dating in dec 2010, engaged feb 2011, married june 2011. Still going strong 10 years later. Only you guys know what is best for you guys. People had a lot of doubts with us but how we feel about each other hasn’t changed

Just stay engaged for a year!? You got this mama congrats!!:heart::heart::heart:

I met my now husband on a trip 9 hours away. We dated long distance and got married 7 months later. We have been married almost 13 years and have 4 awesome kids. Anything can happen. Take your chance.

1 Like

My late husband and I were met the middle of nov.1994 and were married Jan. 1995, we were married until he passed away in June of 2012

1 Like

The time doesn’t matter. You questioning it is what matters.

4 Likes

It’s doesn’t matter what others think they aren’t you and your boyfriend they don’t know how you two feel about each other if your boyfriend loves and proposed and you accept then you guys go for it and live your best life. Don’t let deb be a downer

My husband and I dated for 6 months before we got engaged. We have lived together for our entire relationship. We will be married for 8 years this Halloween :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: have long engagement if it makes you feel more comfortable!

I dated my ex husband for two years before we got married and we divorced after 3 years. I met my husband in August 2005 and we got married in June 2006. We have been married almost 15 years, together for 16. Your feelings matter more than length of time together. :heart:

2 Likes

I knew my 1st hubby about 6 months seen him 3 times bc we lived in different states…
I was 17 he was 19 we stayed married for 20 years…(his choice to divorce).
I was divorced 4 days and remarried and we only knew each other a few months also and that was 10 years ago lol

If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be. If you know it’s right for you all then you do you!

I met my husband July of 2015. Started dating August 2015. I moved in in November 2015. We were engaged January of 2016. Married September 2016.
Do what works for YOU but be safe about it, especially if you have children involved.
He’s 8 years older then I am, and lived about 1.5 hours away. He would come stay with me every weekend.

No marriage is 100% guaranteed. Some people get married and divorce in a year. Some people get married and stay married for years.so if you are happy and love him. The get married. Best wishes. Congratulations

No. Time does not matter. Congrats!

You do what you think is right? You’re happy, he makes you happy, he’s happy. Why does anything else matter. Do you. Congratulations on your engagement!!

Ummm yeah ! Take it from some one who was young an dumb getting married after 4 months of a relationship

Ur friends need to be happy for their friend. Enjoy ur life and do what makes u happy

1 Like

I met my husband on POF. We also lived just over an hour away. We met in October and moved in together end of February (hated driving all the time), we have been together for 7.5yrs. You are both mature adults if it feels right then do it! There is no special time frame.

4 Likes

Girl no. I dated my ex husband for 4 months before we got hitched now that was too soon haha

The question is do you think it’s too soon if your questioning it? Just cause your engaged doesn’t mean you get married tomorrow

1 Like

I got married to my husband after 3 months of dating and we are going on 7 years of marriage this year! If your happy go for it :two_hearts:

2 Likes

My personal opinion yes too soon to get married. Just stay engaged for at least 2 years

I think that if you feel that it’s right, that’s all that matters!! :heart: Life is too short to base your happiness off of other peoples opinions! And Congratulations :confetti_ball::champagne:

3 Likes

Met my husband off of an Internet site. Honestly can’t remember what it was. But we started seeing each other in Sept of 2010. He lived a couple hours away. In 3 months I was pregnant with our oldest. We got married in October of 2014. Had our second little girl in 2016. Here we are almost 11 yrs later.

3 Likes

When you know you know

1 Like

My wife and I knew each other 6 months and were married that was 20 years ago

2 Likes

Sometimes when you know you know :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I personally think it’s to soon take time to get to know each other more especially since you have kids because a mom has to think twice once for herself and second for her kids but that’s my personal opinion but you do you and if you feel you don’t need more time than do what you want not what others say or think :thinking:

I met my husband on POF 10/2017. We had 30 dates and married in Jan 2018. Lol that was too soon!!! :wink:

2 Likes

My grandparents eloped at 18 and have been in a loving and caring marriage for 68 years! They were only together 1 week! They 4 kids 15 grandchildren. And 8 great grandchildren! It can work!!

6 Likes

My husband and I got engaged 5 weeks after we met and got married 3 months to the day after we met. This September will be our 19th anniversary. We couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

My husband and I got married after a few months of dating and have been married for 17 yrs now.

2 Likes

Id say it takes a year to truely get to know someone and who they are

1 Like

I had friends together for 8 years who got married and divorced and other friends who got married 4 months in and have been married for 5+ years with 4 kids and are happier than ever. When you know you know!

1 Like

Always live with someone before you marry them. That is the real test

5 Likes

Your friends aren’t marrying him. You are. And if you want it, go for it. Anything is possible. It could be worse. I mean you could be wasting your time dating some dude for years and never having any idea what he felt for or thought of you/the relationship.

4 Likes

Ive been with my boyfriend for 4 years. The first year of our relationship we had our son and 2 weeks ago we had our other son. No one can say whats too soon for you, if you both feel ready then go for it. Just make sure you guys truly work together. I don’t ser my relationship ending ever because we work together and we just knew it from the start.

I met my husband in July 16, pregnant in March 17, married in July 17.
I guess when you know, you know.

1 Like

Personally, I would feel like a rebound. He was talking to you, but then started dating someone else. And then the moment they break up, he was like “Hey…”. I don’t know. That’s just me. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Honestly, you can be engaged and not get married right away.

2 Likes

Omg :clap:please​:clap: live :clap:together :clap:first​:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:… you can just pack and leave if need be… marriage is a completely different level…

1 Like

My husband and I started dating in Feb and got married in October. Knew each other about a year prior to dating. Couldn’t be happier… married 5 years. Go with your instinct. It’s your life and you need to be happy. Ignore everyone’s opinion. There’s always gonna be negative people.

1 Like

Only being together long distance 8 months is too fast IMO

Nothing is ever to fast time wise but since u guys are long distance you haven’t truly experienced much and should try that before marriage u can be engaged for years tho

I mean… i was with my ex husband for 4 years before we got married and it was horrible after we got married. Some people get married after 6 months and spend their dying breaths together. It doesnt matter what anyone thinks. Its how you guys feel. Its what you want. Just remember that.

1 Like

No that’s how you get trapped lol. You don’t even live with him yet? You dont know him truly yet then.

3 Likes

I started dating my husband in sept of 2005 he proposed mar1 2006 and we were married Aug 2006. We will celebrate 15 years this year. If it feels right I say go for it!

I met my husband July 2010, we got our own house September 2010, married May 2011, and in 2 weeks will be our 10 year anniversary.

1 Like

I’d say when there’s kids involved it’s best to take it slower. U don’t wanna get them hurt if something happens.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter what they think it matters what you feel.

No let me explain me and my husband met on airg talked literally 3 days straight fone on chargers he moved here on the 4th day of us talking on fone for 3 days straight got married 3mo later of us meeting on august 3rd same year found out we was pregnant day before our wedding we have 5 children together and married 10yrs now soon owning our home no regrets :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Not to soon My husband and I dated for 3 months. We were together every weekend talked , We had similar backgrounds , We were together 42 years when he died way to soon at 67. I had the best so had no desire for a new man.

1 Like

Every relationship is different and your friends don’t dictate your life’s timeline. If you’re in love and confident in your relationship, go for it!

1 Like

Imo you guys should live together for a while (more than a year) before getting married. You also need to listen to your kids opinions on how they feel about him too.

4 Likes

My husband and I met in July 1989. He proposed in September and we were married June 1990. We were 38 at then.We’ve been married almost 31 years. By the way he lived a 1,000 miles away. We saw reach other about 6 times during those 11 months but we talked several times a week for several hours. Everyone’s situation is different so you can’t always go by what others advise.

I met my hubby in July 2008. We started dating Sept 2008, he proposed in Nov 2008 and we got married on our 1 year anniversary in sept 2009. Going on 13 years this year together. 12 married. We were 20/23 when we started dating.

When you know, you know. Don’t look back at your life on your deathbed and wonder “What if?”.

1 Like

Best to h a ve him live in for a t least a year otherwise you won’t see the true colours until it’s too late.

1 Like

I met my fiancé Feb 2020, started dating in may 2020, got engaged Mother’s Day 2021.

It’s not about your friends. It’s about you, him, and your kids. If you both are happy and your kids are happy, then do you.

2 Likes

You’re still in the honeymoon stage…
Since there are kids involved you need to slow your roll a bit. You need to figure out a way to sirens more time together… and maybe assemble some IKEA furniture together.

5 Likes

Think you need to live with him first see how he reacts when he’s angry upset etc esp when there’s kids involved it’s not just about the 2 of you

1 Like

Met my hubby Jan 27 98
Engaged Jun 13 98
Married Oct 10 98. I was 34 with an 11 yr old daughter, he was 28 with a 4 yr old daughter. We are still together and very happy. I think if you know he’s the right one, go for it

1 Like

Your love life shouldn’t be anyone’s business but yours and your partners. If y’all happy then tie the mfn knot. Anyone who disapproves and shove it where the sun don’t shine

Smh to all those telling you “to soon.” Met my husband Aug 10 18 on pof. Talked non stop on the phone. Met in person Aug 23, officially dating Aug 25. Got engaged Dec 15, found out the next Sept we were expecting one month before our wedding Oct 26 19. Ready for the catcher? From day one Met to married we only actually spent 130 days together in person. My husband is a towboater. We get 10 days together a month. I had 3 kids previous to my marraige. To hell with others think, as long as you are happy- do what you want.

1 Like

I personally would say it’s wayyy too soon but it’s entirely up to you both x

I’ve been with my partner 6 year in august and we have never thought about marriage until this year, we have now only jsut started sharing to each other it would be nice to maybe start thinking about it but doesn’t mean it will happen any time soon, there is no rush! We don’t have to marry to prove we love and want each other we are happy as we are so marriage isn’t a rush

If you’re asking us if it’s too soon, then it’s probably too soon. Opt for a long engagement and take your time to get to know each other before getting married. What’s the rush anyway?

Nothing is to soon if you love each other. Poor Guy just make him aware dustbin in the coming decade your hormones are going to change so he can be prepared for another version of you. It can still work good if you truly Love each other.

Have you seen 90 day fiance? Lol jk. Do what you want mama. If it feels right for YOU than it doesn’t matter the thoughts and opinions of others. If you know yourself pretty well you would know if hes a rotten egg by now. Moving in together however is where reality hits. Ive been married ten years and omg men never put anything where they find it lol

Just because you’re engaged doesn’t mean you need to rush down the aisle. Make it a nice long engagement and get to know each other better. The most successful marriages happened after 4 years of knowing one another. So the more time you get under your belt the better. Also I would suggest living together during your engagement so you can see if it is right for you before you make that commitment. Sometimes people do really well when they’re not around each other all the time and then as soon as they come together under the same roof Things Fall Apart. It’s better to find that out now before getting married. I’d say give it a year of being engaged at least before walking down the aisle.

Your age doesn’t matter in this situation believe me. Have you met this person personally? Or just over POF? When kids are involved moving too quickly can be a huge mistake, not just for them but you as well. You never really know someone until you live with them. And that is 100 percent true. Have him move in for awhile and see how things go during that time. Everyone’s true colors will come out then. Best of luck if you decide to go forth best of luck anyway lol