Is it weird to throw yourself a baby shower?

Its not weird, everyone’s curcumstances are different. Do what suits you best. I organised my own x

You do your own thing mama​:bouquet: with my first we had family that said they were going to throw a baby shower but never did. So now with our second I decided we are going to throw our own baby shower. I don’t see why you shouldn’t :gift_heart: sometimes you have to take things into your own hands :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

threw my own with my daughter

Doesnt have to b family. A friend can do it

My friend said she was going to throw me one for my son but I ended up doing everything on my own when I realized she really wasn’t doing anything and had nothing planned 1 month before I was due. So I say throw one yourself and have fun!!

1 Like

Have 2. One for each side of the family. Thats what I did with my 1st.

5 Likes

I threw both my baby showers :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I did mine! And my Sprinkle with my next

I think it’s kinda weird. Sorry. :neutral_face:
Do you have friends that are neutral in your familial situation that can throw it for you? Or at least send out the invites for you?

You do you. I had a surprise shower with my first… it was fun but the person who did it didn’t invite any of my friends just family. With my second my Grammy threw me one that I helped plan and such and then my bf at the times family threw one because my grandma lived 2 hours away from them (his mom invited like 200 people to it…)

And I you don’t want to have two separate ones then tell them you are throwing one baby shower and you don’t want any drama. If drama gets started then those involved will be made to leave. That’s what I did at mine

3 Likes

I had to throw my own baby shower for my spouses family to come to bc they didn’t plan anything…

I thought it was weird when I saw women do this… :woman_shrugging:t4:
But I’m Mexican with a big Mexican family with traditions. And we always do it for each other. It’s either our moms or sisters who do it. I’ve notice that white families don’t care and they do it themselves. My husband is white and his sister and cousins threw their own baby showers. I thought it was sad that their families don’t do it for them. But then noticed that it’s just the way it was with them. Not sad for them at all.

6 Likes

I threw my own baby shower. It was great, everything was the way I wanted it to be.

4 Likes

I did my own because I knew what I wanted. My family asked to help with certain things and that was fine with me😊

1 Like

Nope, not weird. I threw one a month after he was born and no issues

I threw my own. Mother in law helped me but was still my idea etc and I did most of it. He ended up being two months early so ended up being a “he is here” party haha

1 Like

I was thinking of throwing my own in November but due to covid I don’t think anyone will come . I’ve opted to send out my registry instead . Sadly . :persevere::sob:

It’s awesome, there is not right or wrong and it’s not weird like someone said :roll_eyes: it’s a celebration of your baby go for it! Hope you have an awesome day!!!

3 Likes

I’m doing my own because I was things done MY way! I have 2 children and this is my 3rd and last baby…with my second I had no say my SIL/MIL did it all I wasn’t able to pick the date, place or theme and it turned out fine BUT once my SIL got pregnant it was a totally different story she wanted to control everything picked the date, place theme and we had to go through her before buying any decor ext. she had the nerve to get annoyed when I told her I’m doing things my way this time but awe well atleast my MIL agrees :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did my own, but we had a ‘Baby Q’.

2 Likes

I threw my own for this reason and invited EVERYBODY if they dont come thats their problem but if they do show up the its a since of a new begining a celebration of a new family member within both our families

My mom technically threw mine, but I got to pick everything.

1 Like

Not weird at all. You will be in control of everything and that’s the nice part.

1 Like

Hell no!! it’s your baby n so throw urself a baby shower​:ok_hand::purple_heart::blue_heart:

I didn’t get one :frowning:. I’m about to deliver soon .

I had my own baby shower on my birthday, basically come over for cake but buy presents for the baby, a month before due

I threw my own, go for it!!

We did our own…
Just like we would do our own kids bday party etc…
I think it’s weird having someone else do it for u

1 Like

I’d send out an announcement saying due to covid your not have a baby shower but if you want to shower baby here is the registry to send an item.

Or do more of a co-ed bbq with no wrapped gifts. Just have them bring the gifts and display them on tables.

1 Like

I think anyone who truly cares about you won’t care who’s throwing it. And everyone else is welcome to talk shit as long as their gift is good :wink:

I did my own an it was kinda stressful trying to remember everything an not knowing for sure who would come because no one gets along

I did my own with the help of my very closest friends.

I did mine. It was dinosaur theme id have done a mermaid one for my daughter but she decided to come early

The biggest lesson of motherhood; Do not worry yourself with the opinions of others. If you feel it would be in your best interest to throw yourself a baby shower, do so without any reservation or fear of what others think!

3 Likes

After the baby was born I had my mine own. A sip and see

I didn’t have one for either of my babies. Wanted to, but it was something I never got around to. I don’t think it’s weird for family or you to plan it though. Maybe have two, one for each family?

1 Like

I did 2/3 of mine. My husbands family did 1 for me but it was just his family so i did one with my family and friends, my mom did one for me with my 1st baby and then with my 3rd it was all me. Its not weird at all. It can be stressful to do it yourself while pregnant tho so i wouldnt wait last minute to buy and set everything up. I did and i was so tired that i kinda just wanted everyone to leave so i could nap :joy:

Yes I threw my own…my mom helped me pay for some of the expenses

Nope not at all! I threw all my own baby showers just for that and nobody had funds to throw one so I just did it all myself I did have the grands flip for the cake on our gender reveal and I had the in-laws make some dishes if they were up to it I wasn’t holding anybody accountable I new it would have never happened if I did :woman_shrugging:t4:

Nothing wrong with having a party to celebrate your baby!

1 Like

I had a similar thing with divisive groups. So… i had two by letting a “representative from each side” throw me one.

I spent 400$ planning my own and my MIL was livid but it’s fine bc it got cancelled bc of covid :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m throwing my own ! It’s my first baby really wanted to have one my mom and gramma are helping me though

I had my own baby shower. Made my own decorations. Bought my own cake. Didn’t end till 3am. You know…typical Mexican stuff :rofl::rofl: I was baffled when I learned it’s usually someone else that has to throw it for you.

I threw my own. I dont think its weird. Id rather have what i want done anyway lol

I threw my own baby shower and it was the worst… pretty much no one turned up, hands down would have appreciated my family doing it, but they weren’t that invested :pensive:

1 Like

Seems the husband is opposed so in my view Ephesians 15 says follow his lead. No baby shower if done this way.

2 Likes

It’s no weird, technically my mom threw mine (she rented the hall) but I did the invitations and the decorations, nobody said anything we also made it potluck so several different family members brought a dish to pass

Why does it matters what others think? It’s YOUR party, YOUR Pregnancy, YOUR baby, YOUR happiness. Do it how ever YOU want to momma!

4 Likes

My co- workers and myself did our baby shower…its not weird …if there’s less drama…than do it or have close friends help

Not at all! Do it! My friend and I organized mine and I have no regrets!

I planned and put together my own baby shower

Throw your own. Whoever can’t grow tf up to support you and your child can just not go.
My mother did mine and only my now husband and his sister showed out of everyone.
We do our son’s birthday parties ourselves too but my husband’s mom always tries to convince us to do two seperate parties…

No it’s not weird do whatever makes y’all happy Im currently preg and we dnt have much supportive family nobody really cares lol witch is fine it’s MY baby I dnt expect them to but my hubby was seeing how sad it was making me so he told me u no what “IM going to throw u a baby shower and if nobody shows up at least u still got me and the kids :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:” and THATS why I picked this man he’s truly my rock, a god send so dnt think it’s weird do what makes y’all happy​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Not at all, i threw my own!

My sister did her own. She wanted it her way so she did it herself. And it was awesome

Not weird at all! As long as that baby is celebrated :two_hearts:

1 Like

Do whatever you want to do. Family and friends should want to celebrate you and baby. I dont think it matters who the invite comes from or who does the planning! Congratulations and I hope you have a beautiful day of being showered! :heart:

If you send out the invitations typically no one even thinks twice about who “threw” the shower— just that they got invited

Nope… I had 3 and did them all!

I planned my own, sent out invites, picked the food, EVERYTHING. I even picked the gift packing colors. I had both men and women invited. I am super controlling about planning my own things and wanting them to go how I planned lol. It’s so old school and “traditional” to have the family throw it. If you want to do it yourself, do it!!

That’s not weird at all. I say do it!

1 Like

We did a baby celebration. We just cooked out and people brought gifts or gift cards.

no one is gonna ask “who threw this shower?” they’re just gonna show up with gifts and want a good time :sunglasses: congrats on the addition to the family!

1 Like

You do you! Who cares about the “manners police”…

Me and my daughter planned one together hadfun

i threw mine to celebrate having a baby not to get showered with gifts yeah of course some people brought gifts but i made it very clear i hoped that the invited would come regardless of gifts. dont have a lot of friends and my family just cannot plan an event so i did it myself nothing wrong with it at all everyone had a great time and ive never personally had anyone say anything about me throwing my own. would have done it for my 2nd born 4 years later too if not for the virus.

A lot of people I know host their own just like any other party or get together

I planned my own baby shower paid for most of it my mom bought my cake and cooked the food. My mother in law had a sip n see for us after she was born.

Nope I’ve had 2 And didn’t care what anyone thought

I threw my own. My mother in law helped but it qas me. I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to

I planned both of my baby showers.

The baby desirve it,new life …new beginning…throw a big party and enjoy!

My first my husband and I threw our own. Second one a close cousin cohosted with me. Both times it was great.

I don’t think it’s weird, especially in your situation. Do what’s going to be the least stressful for you. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to come :woman_shrugging:t5:.

Do it yourself. I didn’t have a baby shower on any of my 3 pregnancies and I wish I would have done one myself but Every one was saying I’m gonna do one for u so wait n nope nothing

I did showers for both of my kids myself. I felt weird having someone else pay for all of these things for me to have a party…

If that’s what you want to do, do it!

I threw my own, twice! :grin:

I did my own baby shower, it’s what I wanted to do. Sure I had some help from my mum and friends.

It goes against “ proper etiquette” because then you look like you’re asking for gifts, which is rude. Maybe you have a coworker or close friend that can do it on your behalf ? You can let them know your ideas but have them be the actual host of the shower.

2 Likes

We did a big family babyQ. It was a nice time and if u brought something great if not great just come celebrate the baby… didnt focus on gifts though…

I basically threw my own baby shower because the ones who were throwing it couldnt get it together with the other side of the family it was just easier to take the lead and make sure it was done i dont think there is anything wrong with throwing your own or having two seperate ones if they cant get along let his family throw one and then your family throw one

1 Like

I think usually you want someone to throw it for you. I did mine myself mostly with help from my grandma. Put on the invites hosted by loving family didn’t say specifics. I think you can throw it for yourself though. Doesn’t mean you’re asking for gifts just asking for family and friends to celebrate a baby.

Sure did it went great

Nothing at all wrong with throwing your own baby shower!

I’m doing my own! I don’t have anyone who would.

According to Miss Manners they are thrown by friends, not by family members or yourself. But times are changing, do as you please.

Only thing to me it looks like a gift grab when you throw your own shower

Just have 2 and get more stuff :joy:

2 Likes

No. If no one is willing to do it for you then why not?!

1 Like

I did both mine cause no one would do it for me

1 Like

In NZ most people do there on showers

1 Like

I never have a baby shower my family did not get along and the fathers family did not like me. So I had to get 90% of my stuff alone and I had triplets

Its the same thing as throwing your self a birthday party. Nothing wrong with throwing your own baby shower . I actually have always thought it felt weird to wait and expect someone to do it for you.

I had 2; one that my mom’s best friend threw me so my family could come, and a 2nd one that my best friend & I organized/planned together so my friends could join. Honestly it was less stress that way. I was able to invite whom I wanted and control certain aspects. At the end of the day it’s up to you how you want your expected little one to be celebrated :blush: