Is it weird to throw yourself a baby shower?

Is it weird to throw yourself a baby shower? Our families do not get along, so we told our mothers we do not want them to throw a baby shower, so there is no drama. So we decided to throw one ourselves, but my husband said it might be weird… because typically it is thrown by the family… did you throw your own?

1 Like

I threw my own so everything went exactly the way I wanted it and I would do it again.

1 Like

No I did not. My friends and family did it

Me and my sons father threw our own shower and turned out beautifully.

1 Like

Just call it a party celebrate the baby instead of a shower lol

1 Like

You do it how you want to🤷🏻‍♀️ screw what they think

1 Like

I threw my own because my friends were unable to attend my family shower. It’s not that weird

1 Like

Nope its not weird I throw my own everything…wait for it I am playing the victim…none of my friends think I am important enough

Maybe you have a close friend that could host it?

I threw my own nobody thought any thing of it if I didn’t I wouldn’t have had one at all cause no one else was going to

Not at all. I planed most of my own. It was a wonderful time. It was also the last time I saw my family since it was right before covid.

People throw their own gender reveals so why not a baby shower? Do it. Times are changing.

I threw my own and it was perfect.

I just didn’t have one, figured what I would spend on showers I could just spend on my baby instead.

5 Likes

I threw my own gender reveal , I would have thrown my own baby shower but cause of Covid I didn’t :confused:

I did my own both times I had a boy and a girl and I made them how I wanted them not weird at all.

My husband planned and organized both our baby showers himself in secret. His parents helped him with a few things and my mom and sister helped him with some. We didn’t have one for our last one due to this whole pandemic :confused:

No. I threw one of my own for my oldest. I also went without one for my youngest because I can’t handle my out-laws.

1 Like

I threw my own and then after the baby was born my exs step mom threw one because she’s adorable. Got a lot of stuff surprisingly.

I threw my own baby shower. My grandma chipped in cause she wanted to help a little but I threw it all together and set everything up

I did my own shower. No regrets. It was beautiful :heart:

If that’s what you want, do it. Anyone who has a problem with it has the choice to not come. Don’t let what other people think stop you from doing what you want.

1 Like

I threw my own as I have no friends and it was mainly my family

I did my own I thought that’s just what you did :joy:

My Aunts (Mom’s Sisters)/Cousin threw my Mom’s family and My Mom threw one for my Dad’s family since there is bad blood on both sides. Luckily my husband comes from a very tiny family like 6 people so we let them choose or come to both.

I threw my own :woman_shrugging:t2:

Nope i organised my singleton and my twins

Do it!! I did with my last, baby #5 and I never had a shower. So I did it myself!! So glad I did too!!

I threw my own thanks to Rona but it was a online baby shower

I held my own drive-by baby shower for son #3. My other two sons are 10 & 12. It was nice & pretty successful. I had mine at 36wks back in April & our baby boy came into the world at 38w1d. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was always taught that friends did it, not family and not the expectant mother. It’s kind of asking for gifts.

6 Likes

I know the old way is that someone throws it for you and some old school thinkers might think its inappropriate but i say do it. Not everyome has someone willing to throw a baby shower for them or maybe in a situation like your own. Throw yourself a shower girl.

6 Likes

Do you have a good friend that would act as organizer? You could do most of the work - but the shower is still being sponsored by your friend. You still don’t have to have family if you don’t want to

1 Like

I did mine! My MIL helped quite a bit, but I planned most of it!

There is nothing wrong with you hosting your own shower. With this Covid stuff, my niece did an online Amazon shower. All gifts were shipped to her by Amazon.

There are no set rules. You throw that baby shower, have your husband help. :heart:

You do you :wink: if thats better for you guys than all the power to ya’s … :kiss::rose:

Make it a couples shower and enjoy.

I threw my babyshower for my first born. Had a family member who was pregnant at the same time and was jealous of me and tried to steal my first baby thunder. I threw my shower and had only a few people. Was still memorable

No it’s not weird to throw yourself a baby shower I did it. I would suggest doing it at a mutual location somewhere where it’s not your place or your husband’s place or your family or his family’s place but somewhere Mutual that way take all of this if any family members get out of hand they can be asked to leave politely.

1 Like

I did mine and i had a blast!

Let each mom do a seperate one. I had multiple for similar reasons

1 Like

I threw my baby shower last time… and will be again this time.
No one has ever done a surprise anything for me, or planned something. If I want something I have to do it myself!
Which honestly as much as I would love a surprise I’m too anal on getting everything perfect and how id want it and I think maybe everyone knows that :joy:

1 Like

It’s a baby shower for your baby. :heart: I say do it!

I arranged my own, for that same reason some family members don’t get along.

I pretty much did my own. My mom surprised me and threw it all together the morning of though.

We usually plan our own. That’s how it’s been for as long as I’ve known between my friends and family. There’s nothing weird about it.

I didn’t throw mine. I would probably feel weird about it

I did my own nothing weird about that

For my third child (first boy, age gap between other two kids) my then husband threw me a baby shower. It was amazing and still one of my favorite memories from my marriage.

I did my own baby shower with the help of my mom

I did mine and it was fun. I’m proud that I did it and that didn’t have to rely on someone else to do it for me… with the help of some of my friends, of course.

I’d rather it get done correctly and not have Karen invite half her neighbors and friends. Lol

1 Like

You should totally go for it!!! Maybe you and hubby could make it co-ed and have a blast! There’s a ton of awesome ideas on Pinterest. Congratulations!!!

I honestly didn’t even know you weren’t supposed to throw your own and I’m from a huge family lol. Its about you and your baby. Do what makes you happy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d didn’t have one with either of my babies.

I basically threw my own and had family help when asked for the same reason

Why not have BOTH of your mothers throw separate ones?
Wouldn’t it be more drama to throw your own and invite them both, or to throw your own and invite one or the other or neither of them?

I planned my own. :woman_shrugging: It was Harry Potter themed and no one in my family likes it and I wanted it down right.
My mom and sister did help some, but the majority was done by me.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s weird at all. I planned my own.

I’d tell the mothers to do it if you really want one. If there is any drama they should keep it from you and not stress you out! If I was you I’d let your husband orchestrate the conversation with the mothers and you should sit back and relax and enjoy the day. I’m sure they would both be happy to be involved and celebrate you and their grandchild and hopefully they can bite their tongues and be civil :heart:

I threw myself one with my first baby

I planned 2 for my 1st child. Family is on different sides of the mountain and to make traveling easier I did one in my home town then one at my brothers. I would say do what you feel would work for you.

I planned my own, I didn’t know I wasn’t meant to?:woman_shrugging:t3:

As far as I remember baby showers weren’t in the UK,had twins 30 years ago.Most people waited until the babies were born and then got clothes etc for different sizes. Obviously I got a stock of nappies etc but we had what we were given

I did, teen mum and none of my friends really understood the idea of a baby shower, so I done it all myself was a great distraction coz i had a crap pregnancy

Why can’t the two separate families just throw one for each side?? Have 2 separate showers so they don’t need to be together.

2 Likes

Do you have any friends that could throw one? It doesn’t have to be a family member.

Only weird if u make it weird

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it at all

1 Like

All babies need a baby shower… do you!!!

Not weird at all … you want to celebrate you and your baby !! Enjoy it

1 Like

No way is it weird, you do you girl!! That baby deserves it and so do you.

I did my own cause all my “friends” bailed and we didn’t get along with “family” it was small and perfect for us

I did it, didn’t think it was weird. Although other people did but that’s cause they were judging not because it matters.

I basically threw my own with the help of my sister n laws and my mom. If you want something done your way then I don’t see the problem

I’ve never heard of someone throwing themselves their own baby shower. Friends or family are the ones to put it together.

1 Like

It’s not weird at all! If you feel better doing it that way that’s all that matters!

I had to throw my own no one would do it or do it right how i want it same with mu hens night. No one ever offers to help or do anything for me even though i try to do everything foe everyone :cry:
Do it your self you might not get it if you dont… If you dont who will…
I even threw my sisters baby shower

Well apparently that’s the norm in my family. Nobody in my family offered to throw a shower for the last 3 pregnancies I’ve had. My husband and I have had to buy everything out of pocket. And we didn’t bother throwing our own because why spend all that money when hardly anybody shows up? It’s a big waste of money.

If your families cant cooperate then do it yourself, nothing wrong with that, definitely not weird

Oh i thought baby showers were a self choice thing oops I learned something. I personally think you should go for it. Why miss out because of others behaviours?

1 Like

I didn’t get one at all.

I’ve organised my own :kissing_heart:

Nobody threw one for me with my first pregnancy so with my second I threw one for myself best decision ever, it was wonderful.

It’s kinda tacky but understandable

1 Like

It’s not weird. Not everyone has family to set one up.

What are the rules for baby showers now…I had 1 with first baby…in those times nobody did showers for each child

Do you have any close friends who could throw it? Or other connections, like rotary or like a women’s group at church? Might be a good alternative to have them throw it.

Had 2 showers out of 4 kids. Friend and my Mom threw the first one. Friends threw the last one.

This is my second kid and we have having a barbecue at our house because we didnt want a shower for this baby since we have everything big left over from the first. This way everyone calls help celebrate the baby and isnt pressured into bringing gifts. We did make a registry for basic necessities like diapers, baby soap, breast milk storage bags, bottles.

Nope!
I made sure me and my man did our own so we wouldnt have to hear our parents bitching lol
Best decision ever!!!
Plus you are celebrating the baby!

No, because in reality majority of the people do it that way

To me, a baby shower is a baby shower. Doesn’t matter who throws it🤷‍♀️

Friends of mine had a baby-q. Everyone was invited, partners & kids. They organised it themselves and it was a great day.

1 Like

I’d wish that I would’ve thought about throwing my own baby shower. I am a mother of 5 and not one baby shower. I’m the youngest of 3 and both my older sister’s had a baby shower put together by the same family I have.
I’d say if you want a baby shower for your bundle of joy…plan your own. I wish I would have.

My husband is in the military which means we move a lot and my family lives overseas and on top of that we’re loners so we’ve always just bought our own baby stuff. Some family members have sent gifts (baby clothing, toys, albums etc.) which we really appreciate but that’s about it. I know it’s against common belief but I feel that if someone else throws you a baby shower it’s a sweet gesture but if you throw it yourself it’s tacky. Specially if it isn’t your first baby. :grimacing:

I dont think its weird. You are in the end celebrating for the baby. But who are you gonna invite ?

I planned 2 for my 1st child. Family is on different sides of the mountain and to make traveling easier I did one in my home town then one at my brothers. I would say do what you feel would work for you.

I did 2 baby showers one with my friends and family and one with my BD family I REFUSED to do them together lol. You can do it how YOU want it trust me its better that way🤣