Is it wrong for mom to want to vacation on her own?

Last night I hid in the bathroom for 10 minutes just to sit and have a cold drink without interruptions or children screaming needing something. I love being a mom but holy moly…what is me time again? :rofl::heartpulse: Due with our 3rd in 3 weeks.

Your husband is a asshat. You need a break. Take it with or without him. :person_shrugging:t4:

If ur husband doesn’t get to, than neither should you. Now if he does than so should u. Or vise versa but it cant be a one way street. Would u let him ?

1 Like

Are you deeply in love with someone and you need he or she back into your life I got my ex lover back with the help of Dr Achio
Here
:point_down::point_down:
Dr. A Achio

I used to take a 4 day weekend to the islands with just my girlfriends. We all were mom’s and enjoyed it. Husbands take golf and fishing trips…. Mom’s work 24/7. We deserve a break if the family wants to function

Absolutely selfish but go anyway

2 Likes

I am right there with you I seriously could use a me myself and I vacation

Make a girls weekend with a friend or two. Then give your husband the same opportunity to have a guys weekend.

2 Likes

Sometimes we Need to be selfish for our own peace of mind. But, if there’s no trust there … maybe you need to discuss with him why doesn’t he trust you.
I’m wondering why you feel you need this. They or he are feeling abandoned. My husband used to do this but, I trusted him so it didn’t bother me. The only problem for me was that it made me feel unloved. Reinforce your love for him. Pray about it.

I wouldn’t go by myself but I do go with my best friend on vacation sometimes and my old man doesn’t have a problem with it! Why would he?

Not wrong at all. Enjoy it and then suggest to your husband that he take a weekend as well . Kids can be exhausting.

Go for it!! It won’t hurt anyone lol

nope i was just in banff for 2.5 days with no kids and in total away from my kids for 5 days. it felt freaking amazing and i actually missed them. Take that time away you deserve it.

2 Likes

Hasn’t he ever been on a fishing or hunting kind of thing? You are not being selfish. Tell him to take the kids and go somewhere. I bet he won’t because you won’t be there to do all the work.

2 Likes

No not selfish, I’ve taken trips without my husband & kids & he’s done the same :woman_shrugging:t4: You are more than a wife & mother.

l Get paid over $130 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17798 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth917.pages.dev/

Drop them at your parents for the weekend and go have fun lol leave your husband at home just because your a mother doesn’t mean you can’t have fun, your only human I really don’t see what a big deal this is at all

Yikes. Everyone deserves their own time away. My fiancé goes on an annual fishing trip each year for 5 days with his buddies. And I go away with a long time girlfriend here and there. As long as it’s not something sprung up last second I don’t see any issue.

I would sit down and communicate better with one another.

Lol…if you want an actual vacation, it’s probably the only way! Otherwise, you end up being the go-to person for everyone in your family, even when you’re on vacation. :flushed:

No! Every mom deserves a break. He’s selfish for not OFFERING to watch the kids while you have one!

1 Like

Go on your vacation.

I want this for you! Every mom deserves time to recharge. No mom guilt! DO IT.

2 Likes

It’s not selfish and you can suggest he do the same thing even. Every body needs a break sometimes and that perfectly ok especially if you are the primary caregiver for your child. Being a mom is hard and you deserve time for yourself to recharge and rediscover who you are as a person. Being a mom it’s so easy to pour everything into your kids and to lose sight of who you are and the things you love to do. Take your vacation and tell your hubby he can take one for himself too. I suggest staying at a spa and being pampered or maybe a cabin in Tennessee and just reading and reconnecting with nature if that’s your thing

NO!!! I l just came home from a 19 day vacation. No kids, no hubby, no spouse!!!

1 Like

Schedule ur flight momma … go !

1 Like

Go for it , I’m gonna assume your husband is jealous and wants to do something fun by himself. If he hasn’t then work something out where you both get a weekend to yourselves

1 Like

I see nothing wrong with this. I need to do the same, thanks for the idea lol. Tell you husband to kick :rock: s

I know how u feel. You go for it.

Not at all. He’s the one being selfish.

Not wrong. I am going to a women’s retreat in September for a weekend. Everyone deserve time away, even a Momma. It’s not selfish. My husband encourages it.

2 Likes

Maybe after they are married. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl:

Would you mind if he said " oh I’m going away for the weekend"

1 Like

Nope you deserve every second of that weekend. And if he doesn’t understand that he probably needs a conversation with you too

Your husband sounds like a loser :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow. What an insecure man child. No wonder you need a break.
Oh and BTW. He sounds narcissistic and he’s gaslighting you.

You absolutely deserve a break. Your husband sounds like an a hole.

You are not selfish in needing time for yourself. Go and have fun.

2 Likes

Go have fun! Let him do the same sometime. He’ll come to understand it for himself that way.

2 Likes

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to survive and recharge.
My husband and I have different work schedule so we take vacations without kids. At first I felt so guilty. The second time not so much. Now I can’t wait to get away. Lol

2 Likes

I went for 3 nights and 4 days. I went to the mountains only 3 hours away and soaked in hot springs, ate alone and as slow as I wanted, slept whenever I wanted. Do it!

5 Likes

Not wrong at all. You should totally take that trip for just you. You should make it a regular thing. I am determined to do the same. I raised my kids, and took a vacation with one of them 2 years ago…without hubby. He has gone places without me as well. Next up is just me…off the grid. :wink:

You need to go away maybe if you ask him
to go
He might not be mad if he said no.
Don’t forget when the kids leave it’s just you and your husband.
Stay close so you don’t lose yourself as a couple .
That’s what happens.
We become strangers

I went for my birthday with my sister and girl friends I’ve never went out for 8 years I totally agree :100:

Not as long as you’re ok with him doing the same.