Is it wrong of me to not want kids under 11 at my wedding?

Not at all! The only kids we allowed at our wedding were our nieces and nephew (3 kids total). Its your day, you decide.

It’s your wedding. It’s all up to you. I can’t understand when people don’t respect your wishes. There is always that one family that will say they will not attend if their kids aren’t invited. Every family seems to have one. They will get over it.

1 Like

It’s YOUR wedding. You can invite or not invite whomever you choose. Everybody wants to tell you who to invite but nobody wants to cough up the funds to help you make it happen.

1 Like

Nope and it’s your decision entirely!

Selfish. My cousin did this and a lot of family didn’t go for this reason. You either invite them all or don’t invite them at all.

1 Like

Your wedding your rules, but I’d have a bouncy castle & let it roll. Babies I’d say no to, but above say 8… they can sit quietly during a wedding to get to play on the thing outside later.

some people can’t find any babysitters so you should allow their kids to come as well

I’ve been invited to weddings that kids were not allowed… and I’ve gone. I respected their decision and took it as a date night with the hubby :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No it’s expensive, there’s no kid discount with wedding venues. :woman_shrugging:t3: I only had 2 kids at mine, my daughter and niece and they were in the wedding and went home early. It was also black tie and evening reception so not really a “kid” atmosphere

1 Like

Maybe a room at the church for kids to go with some teenagers to watch them? As one woman said here, movies, games, snacks, pizza, pop, etc. 11 or 12 year olds aren’t really interested either. At least my son wasn’t. Actually your little brother might join them after the wedding? BUT if no children under 11/12 then be prepared for many not coming. So RSVP card with stamp on it to reply so you will have an idea how many for reception.

Its ur wedding. If they don’t want to come if their kids can’t thrn let them stay home too. You save more money and get rid of negative energy. Be happy. It’s your day.

Don’t start your married life spending money to make someone happy. If they really want to go thru can hire a sitter.

1 Like

I’ve been to a TON of “no children” weddings, its perfectly reasonable. It’s your wedding, dont let others ruin it for you.

If that’s the route then expect a great portion to not show. I skipped many weddings as did many other guest with that requirement. 🤷

6 Likes

I don’t understand why people get all butt hurt over this. Like youre not saying that you don’t love your family members that are children just because you don’t want them there. Sometimes its nice just to have adult time.

3 Likes

It depends. My husband has a large family. We let kids come to the wedding. Where-as our friend had a small intimate wedding - and no kids other than the single newborn.

You’re wedding. Each to their own. Just keep in mind that the parents of the uninvited kids may not go…

1 Like

Why not just get hitched and save a ton of money then have one big party/ceremony

Is a wedding… no a piñata party!

Your wedding your choice

Nope. It’s your wedding, you can do as you please. I personally don’t want kids (except for mines and the ones participating) at my wedding.

My partner an I are in same boat. We are not having all kids there as we have quite a big family both sides as well. We are only inviting those we have much to do with. Plus the venue isn’t cheap an really can’t afford to pay for everyone

Its your wedding, do as you please. But when people don’t show up I’d assume they didn’t have a babysitter!

1 Like

We did not allow kids at our wedding. It’s your wedding and if your paying for it you can decide who comes or not

It is your wedding do as you please… maybe plan a potluck family get together after the fact… but nope… don’t let others run you and your husband’s day…

Nah. Weddings are way better without kids :woman_shrugging:t2: lol

1 Like

I personally would want everyone there … Kids and all

2 Likes

Brodie Driscoll just #nokids on the invite mate :thinking:

1 Like

My sister had no kids allowed at her wedding

Nope. It’s your wedding not theirs.

1 Like

Its your wedding. You can who ever you want there. Even if it means you dont want the younger kids there. Its you and your hubby’s day. You dont have to please everyone. And if people dont show up to the wedding because they dont have a sitter then thats alright

Your wedding,your rules !!

1 Like

It is your wedding so you can invite whomever you like. I would be clear when adressing the invitations to specify just the adults (“Mr. & Mrs…”, no …“and family”), as it is proper etiquette. Be prepared that some may have to decline to attend if their children aren’t invited.
We were invited to a family member’s wedding where our girls weren’t invited, unfortunately we had didn’t have a sitter as most of our family (usual ‘sitters’) planned on attending, so we politely declined.
Perhaps you can have a child-friendly family gathering at another time.

4 Likes

No I don’t think it’s wrong it’s your wedding. I didn’t go to my brother’s wedding because he asked no kids at his wedding. A lot of people didn’t show up from what I hear it was pretty lonely. But it’s your day and you decide

1 Like

You need relatives to bring their kids. Friends no. We served chicken nuggets and french fries for those under 12. Kids have the best time at weddings and some may choose not to bring them.

3 Likes

Its your wedding, your wishes…

2 Likes

We allowed kids at our wedding because most of my husbands family had younger children (14 kids 9 months to 11years). They were all completely out of control. We did disposable cameras on the tables because we didnt have the extra for a photographer parents were letting them take off with the cameras so I ended up with pictures of kids chewing food, acting like dopes mostly not in focus.

1 Like

If is family I think you should invite them ( only family) . EVERY THING IN LIFE SHOULD BE FAMILY FIRST.A wedding with out family is not a wedding.

2 Likes

We did not allow children at our wedding either. It’s a pretty common practice.

2 Likes

No you’re not wrong. Especially now days when parents let their children do whatever they want and not discipline them.

2 Likes

its your wedding make it how you wish many do this… just be prepared for some parents to cancel their rsvp. aside from that your right to make YOUR wedding the way you want

1 Like

I wish I didnt have kids at my reception at least…including my own. Lol seriously though, we had people lined up to watch and care for our 3 kids and they didnt. So instead my husband and I missed 3/4 of our reception chasing a toddler around. I was standing there alone when they announced our first dance. I was so mad we ended up shutting down 3 hours early because we were not enjoying anything.

1 Like

I personally love to see the kids having fun. For my daughters wedding we set up a kids center with coloring books and crafts, we also got a bunch of glow sticks for them. We ordered pizza for the kids.

4 Likes

So many people are doing this now and i believe its acceptable. Plus the parents need a night out its a win win. W.e. to others.

1 Like

It’s your wedding . Just cant be mad if they dont attend :woman_shrugging: I love going to weddings and seeing the kids dance but again that’s a personal preference .

2 Likes

It’s your wedding. But I have to say, mine wouldn’t have been nearly as wonderful without the kids there. It helps to have some sort of activity for the kids. I had a photo booth at my wedding. We paid 1 price for everything including an attendant who refilled photo paper and ink. The kids had a blast in it. And I have scrap paper and stickers and markers for people to put their photos in that I eventually turned into a scrap book. Yes, most of the pictures were of kids being goofy. But when anyone else wanted to take photos in the booth, the attendant would put the kids to work on the scrapbook pages so the adults could have a turn. I’m not saying it has to be some thing super expensive, because the photo booth was probably 800 dollars or more. But something that would keep the kids entertained and happy. The problem with not inviting kids to weddings is that not every adult will come. If they are your family, it’s not like grandma can take all the kids for the night, because grandma will be at the wedding too. All of my cousins had their kids go home with their grandparents after cake, which was when the real party started.

3 Likes

You need to include everyone or elope.

I’m glad I saw this post and asked my partner about weather or not to let kids come to our wedding. he said yea, let them come. so I said ok, maybe have a kid center or place they can be and be entained. now that I think about it, I may ask my SIL if my neice can be in it. IDK on that tho.

Do what ever you want!
I only had my children (3yo and 10mo this old) and the other kids in the bridal party (4 1/2yo and 3yo)
I had one friend continually ask if she could bring her son, I explained every time she asked that the only kids attending were my kiddies and 2 others who are in the bridal party.

What? Are they too Cheap to get a babysitter? If you want kids – fine! If you don’t want kids – fine!
I did like the idea of crayons and coloring books. But some kids just want to run around.

If all the adults in the family are at your wedding whose going to be the baby sitter for all the kids? You might want to think of that first cause it may make your wedding a lot smaller than your wanting. I’d let them come to the wedding but if the parents want to come to to party reception afterwards so no kids aloud to that at least

My husband and I eloped, with my now step daughter, being the only one on the guest list other than random witnesses and photographer. Pleasing everyone is so over rated. I would do it again and again. But if you must have a big wedding, you do what you want. It’s your day and it’s your bill. I say go for it!

2 Likes

As they all are saying it’s your wedding your decision. But expe t a lot of comments from the families with kids… you could organise a area for the kids and for them to be supervised by someone and get an entertainer in for them or a movie for them to watch … there are a lot of ideas you use if you wanted too but it’s your day day and your decision …all the best and wishing you every happiness

1 Like

It’s your wedding so it’s your choice don’t worry about others feelings it’s your special day so it’s up to you to make it happen congratulations and good luck

Nah, I’m not allowing kids under 11 to visit at the hospital once I give birth in 2 weeks. It’s you’re wedding, you choose to can and can’t come!

My husband gave me no choice lol because his family does everything together. Luckily my venue had kid plates for 75% less than the adult plates! And any kids 2 and under didnt count. But I think to each their own it’s your wedding whatever you and your husband agree on is what it is unless those want to pay for it lol

No your good. Kids ruin weddings and are disruptive

2 Likes

It’s your wedding, do as you please. Just don’t fault anyone for not attending. Not everyone can or even wants to hire a babysitter to attend a wedding.
It’s the same as planning a wedding on a Saturday during college football season. More power to you but I’m probably not coming. 🤷😂

2 Likes

If no kids under a certain age can come I wouldn’t make exceptions.

You are just overthinking dear.nif the kids would be there they will only add blessings and colour to your wedding. What is the world without the kids. You are having a weddinh party not a dull office party or something. Much love for your wedding

2 Likes

No your wedding your choice !!
If people aren’t happy then save money and don’t invite them ! Plus for missing out time with cousins there is more days in the year for that

1 Like

A friend of mine had told their guest that kids can come and stay until 6pm after that was adult time and kids needed to leave. Like grandparents picking them up or their parents dropped them off at a babysitters. Its your wedding don’t let anyone make you feel bad.

it’s your wedding do whatever you want, if your family’s that petty to complain and threaten to not attend well fuck them honestly ¯_(ツ)_/¯ it’s your special day not anyone else’s. i don’t want kids at my wedding either

We had no one under 14 except our babies. Your wedding, you’re the boss. Do NOT let other people dictate what you should do on YOUR wedding day

1 Like

You can do what you want but yeah, I think that’s ridiculous especially since you have a child in that age range. In my opinion you’re creating drama/conflict for what? Only reason you seem to give for not wanting them there is the money? I just don’t get it. But in the end it is your wedding and you will do what you want. I’m sad to say this is probably going to be at the top of your list when you’re asked what you remember about your wedding.

2 Likes

Savannah Dietz Pickren, Courtney Dietz

2 Likes

Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for setting boundaries. If it’s a money thing only you will definitely save money bc those invited who have kids are less likely to show up. I personally love having kids at weddings but that’s just me, not everyone feels the same. At my sister’s wedding her Godparents threw a fit bc my 3 were in the wedding the oldest being 8 and the youngest almost 4. They kept insisting that they would ruin the day by being brats but my sister knew my kids and her Godparents didn’t. The compliments on their behavior and nice they looked eventually won them over. But it isn’t always that easy; my brother’s ring bearer was really shy and basically had to be bribed with trampoline time with my brother and McDonald’s but he did great in the end.
Whatever you choose, I hope you have wonderful day and enjoy

No lol ur paying for it arent you? Guests should be thankful to be invited to be apart of your day who do come. If I ever get married its not gonna be a big thing with guests.

No its your wedding but dont get pissy when people dont show up because they dont have a sitter.

In my honest opinion, I wouldnt show up. My daughter is 4 and deserves to be where I am at all times. She deserves to see her family. This to me is rude to those kids. If you feel like money is an issue…maybe ask for help from family members that way ALL kids ALL ages can go.

4 Likes

Its ur wedding. Do whatever u want girl

Seems silly to me since you are having kids anyway! Personally I think the kids you are allowing will be bored.
I had someone invite us a couple years ago, but no kids welcome, so we didn’t go.
She wasn’t happy about it, there were a few people that didn’t go because of the no kid rule!

At the end of the day the choice is yours, its your wedding, if you and your soon to be hubby don’t want kids there, don’t have them!

We had no kids except immediate family. Our 3 kids and nieces and nephews were in attendance and this it. I guess it depends on how big your family is, but it’s your day, do what you want

Thats kinda rude as fuck and hateful…

Honestly I keep mulling over getting married because this exact reason. We have our 2 kids. And all of out friends most have kids but I really don’t want to deal with children on our day. Like the ceremony part okay but dinner and party party I don’t want children there. I understand how hard it is to find care and that I will most likely get remarks about it but I could really care less about their issues. I want to be able to enjoy 1 night as adults celebrating my love to my partner

Your wedding your choice. But personally I would let all kids come they can all play together and enjoy each others company.I also come from a huge family with a crap load of kids so we kinda use the kids to entertain each other at big events like this. Have parents pay for their child’s meal if money is that big of a consern

Its YOUR DAY…you can never keep everyone happy…but YOU .are the most important thing on this day…YOU and your intended .

My only problem with not having kids there is not everyone can find or afford a sitter. So don’t be upset that a lot of family wont make it. I think it would be fun with kids personally

1 Like

Lots of people have child free weddings. Its your day.

i just hate people who tell you to spend extra to provide entertainmrnt for children. im not spending money on toys and coloring books just to keep kids entertained. if its that big of a deal they can bring their own stuff.
it depends on what you care more about. having adults you do care about show up or having a childless wedding. cus people will end up not coming but if you dont mind that go for it. youre paying so nobody can tell you what to do

If u invited me,I would not attend because I have a son therefore you have to take him into consideration

1 Like

I’m a lot older than you but when we got a invitation and it only had adult names we got a sitter and enjoyed a night out…I don’t get this take me take my kids attitude…now family can be different but friends kids…that’s a bit much…
Maybe have a couple of kids tables set up towards back not to interrupt the ceremony parts of the reception…

Its your day I personally wouldn’t want kids at my wedding minus my own kid I have been to several wedding with kids and sometimes its a pain in the but but ultimately it is your decision and there will be people who will not come which I also understand so don’t be angry if they don’t make it

If you send me a invitation and tell me my kids can’t come well I will tell you congratulations and you won’t see me at your wedding and any others events have a good life

I didn’t have kids at my wedding!

1 Like

If my child can’t go, then sadly I can’t either. :woman_shrugging:t4: Your wedding, your choice but , you can’t be upset when half of your guest list doesn’t show up because they can’t find a sitter or simply don’t want to leave their babies.

It’s your day and if you want it to be childfree I say go for it!