Is it wrong that I want my TV back for my son?

Question… my ex-husband and I split up in November since then I had helped him many times financially although when I left I had nothing and no job history and he has an amazing paying job he just blows the money somehow… anyways I have my son Thursday - Sunday and my ex has him Monday-Wednesday, but the entire time my ex has him he is working so he is babysat so my ex wants me to let him keep my tv since I moved into a new place until he can afford another but used my child as to why he needs to keep my brand new tv even though I have my son as well. Is it selfish to want my tv back for my son? I don’t watch tv, but my son likes too sometimes, I have helped his dad so much, and every time his dad ends up being rude to me after I help him. What should I do?

7 Likes

If you paid for it just take it back. Fuck your ex, your kid is more important then what you ex wants.

Um…tell him no. It’s your tv and you have your child more than he does. He can buy his own cheap tv if he really needs it (yes people sell used TVs for cheap). Start not helping him if he is rude about it. He is not your responsibility even if he is your child’s father. You owe him nothing other than allowing him to see his child.

7 Likes

Keep your TV. It’s yours. If he has a good job he can get one. They are not expensive. Not to mention you have him 4 days and he has him 3…

2 Likes

Buy a new tv or a used one online. Pick and choose your battle. A tv isnt worth the hassel. Don’t help again.

8 Likes

Keep it. He’s a grown man, he can buy his own.

5 Likes

I agree with Katie Cheatham!! There are people giving away older TV’s on fb all the time. Help home find one, but don’t purchase it for him, and take 6our stuff back!

I’m confused why was the tv given to him or did you leave it when you left ? If you left it then leave it. If you Gave it to him… I don’t get it regardless. This is dumb.

3 Likes

A. Gimme my tv back period B. My child not bout be with no sitter while you at work when he can be home with me …

1 Like

Tell him to buy his own tv

I personally want my kids to have everything they could want or need at both houses, even if that means I’m paying for it. I would buy whatever tv I could afford, even an old box tv, and make him give me mine back. I don’t mind footing the bill for my kids to have a nice life but I’ll be dammed if he thinks he’s entitled to the good shit I pay for no sir have this 1998 40in box tv :tv: if that’s all I could find that I could affor d

Just go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap tv they have them cheap and sometime reduced for good sized tv.Bought one 5 yrs ago for100. dollars and good picture no trouble

Stop helping him and get a new tv. Let it go. Stop helping him though. Puck the battles. A tv is a material object, even though I get where your coming from, I’m sure you can get a new or used tv which will be fine or even better.
Also…at this time…who’s babysitting the child?? Is dad still working? Does the person watching the child live in the home? No outsider should be going into a home to babysit for a few hours and leaving again, not with what’s going on right now.

4 Likes

It’s your tv. He’s working so he should buy one. Plain and simple.

4 Likes

A TV isnt worth the battle. Go get a new TV or find one for free. And he has the child during working days what do u expect him to do? Not work? Life still has to go around. Stop helping him if your going to hold it over him. In the courts eyes any help u give outside of a court order is gifting and couldnt be used against the other. Worry about yourself and ur kid.

3 Likes

Get an ipad and download Netflix

Some women like are too fkn nice take one keep it if u bought it if he has a job let him get one and is u having son by court order if not u take him DNT see how am mom’s do that unless can’t defy court but fk that my kids stay n my home who knows what else goes on the…just sayn

Wow!!! You women need to quit supporting and helping these grown men then you won’t be so mad!!

3 Likes

Get your TV back!! He can get his own!

1 Like

Why does he want the TV when the child is at a babysitter all day …tell him to buy his own and go get yours

Why are you “helping” him?

2 Likes

Keep it hell I have a 20 inch in my closet for back up or someone wants to play or watch TV by themselves but it’s still my back up and honestly he’s grown it’s not expensive for a small TV doesn’t need to be high end keep your TV and he needs to get his own

1 Like

It’s URS don’t give him anything you don’t owe him anything. You have a child sent toys or coloring books they don’t need to all the time.

Omg, really? Really?

Take the god damn tele back and dont help him no more.

1 Like

If its for your son you have him 4 days including the weekend…so.

Tell him since he’s not taking care of your son he can leave him home with you. That way he gets to watch the TV & be with a parent.

Dont do no more rember left him let get own tv keep your son at weekends

It’s a TV. Let it go.

1 Like

it’s not selfish you paid for it its yours you can do whatever you want with it. BUT is it worth the headache? like is that 1000 bucks you can’t get back and need to replace cause if its one if THOSE tvs I’d want it back too but i paid around 500 for mine and when me and my kids dad split (same things me working my ass off and helping him everywhere i could) i told him to just keep the tv and the better gaming console (though we both play) because i just didnt want to deal with the headache knew i could replace it eventually anyways so i let it go didnt care enough about a tv to argue. you really can’t be wrong for wanting or even trying to get it back with it being your property.

You done gave it to him, get another one dumb dumb

Why is this even a question?

Stop swapping the kid around during a pandemic.

2 Likes

Get your tv back besides he’s working. GO GET YOUR TV BACK

Get tv back if it’s yours let him bye his own he working. He got a good payed job so he can afford it not your fault he waste his money. Sorry to say u need to tell him to sort himself out and leave u to get on with your life and stop helping him

I think you already know! Get the T.V. back for your Son. Let your ex get his own!

TVs are cheap and he can use a computer as well to watch all sorts of free content on Crackle, PlutoTV and more. Take your tv back.