Is leg pain common with the flu?

My 5 yr old son was diagnosed with Influenza A on Thursday and this morning he woke up complaining of lower leg pains like around his calves. Is this normal???

Yes unfortunately. My legs hurt so bad I couldn’t sleep at night. I hope he gets better soon!

Yes it is. I looked it up when I had the flu . It’s actually the white blood cells fighting infection and fever. Had no idea this was a thing it’s pretty neat

Dehydrated or low on electrolytes can cause this too… try to keep him hydrated

I currently have covid and my thighs/hips have been in severe pain for a few days, my daughter also has covid and was complaining of her calves hurting the first day we were sick. It’s common with a lot of viruses unfortunately but this is the first time we’ve actually experienced it

Yes! Especially with influenza a. My kiddo had really bad body aches, head aches, high fever and threw up. He also had strep so I know some of it was worsened by that but he was down for ten days

Yes chills and muscle aches are very common in flu… and one of the major characteristics of influenza virus.

Give him bananas
They help with potassium

Yes, my son said his legs hurt too bad to walk when he had it at age 9. I called the Doctor and they said it was normal.