Is my 2-year-old sleeping too much?

My daughter is up at 6 naps from 12-2 or 12-3 and bed at 7 and shes 3.

My little girl, just 2 mid December has 12 hours at night & 2 hours in the day with a similar activity routine. Don’t worry tho brother. They will sleep as much as they need too, so long as they are alert & active your doing great :smiley:

I am so jealous you have this routine down! :weary::weary::weary:

Soak it all up now bc my now three year old, who is very active and busy, fights naps. We are lucky if she ever takes one anymore. And when she does, it’s like maybe an hour.

Nope I dont think that’s much at all! I’d say 12 hours at night and a 3 hour nap is the norm

1 Like

No my 1 and a half year old goes to bed at 9:30 and sleeps till 11 sometimes 11:30 and then she naps from 3-5

My daughter napped an hour in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and a 10 to 12 hour night depending on our activity level.

That’s fine! My 3.5 yo takes a 2.5 hr and my 1 yo takes a .5 hour in am and a 2.5 in the afternoon. And they both sleep 8pm-7a

Please enjoy it won’t last long take advantage of it

2 Likes

Sounds right to me. My 2 year old goes to bed at 8 and wakes at 645 and naps for 1.5 to 2 hours each day. You can google how many house asleep they need a day but I think it’s like 15 in total so sounds perfect

My child never sleeps! He’s almost 2. He’s up and down all night, he doesn’t sleep with us but his crib is in our room. Some days he refuses to take a nap. Yes we try to wear him out, he is super active. At this point I think it’s just his personality or he’s afraid he’s going to miss something. And I’m tired.

If u feel like something isn’t right u should take him in to the dr

My almost 2 yr old sleeps from 8pm-8:30am. During the week she has an hour to hour and a half nap at daycare then on the weekends she naps for 3-4 hours each day

No, that sounds fine. Their bodies and brain are busy going and developing so fast, they go through stages where they sleep a lot.

2 Likes

At that age they still need 13 to 14 hours of sleep because there still doing a lot of growing. My son is 2 doesn’t nap but sleeps from 8ish to 9ish in the morning

Every child is different, my oldest had day sleeps till she was 4 my youngest i had to cut them out at 19 months coz she wouldn’t sleep at night

No every child is differnet and have different needs. Kids that little need more sleep.

2 Likes

Nope my 2 year old does the same and sleeps right through at night

1 Like

Shit i wish mine would sleep like that. Shes made it 48 with ZERO sleep before!! She MAYBE sleeps 5 hours a day!! :sob::sob:

So good, when my children got to 13 to 15 months that was it, bye, bye afternoo naps unless they were sick.

If his naps were too long he wouldnt go to sleep at bed time. If he is sleeping that much it’s because he needs it.

Not at all!!! They are a fantastic sleeper

1 Like

Nope 5am is pretty early for me but to each their own

I think you have him in an amazing schedule

1 Like

5 am is early wake up when my boys actually slept at 2 they usually got up at 7 went to bed at 7 and were napping 2-3 hours during the day

I think it sounds fine my daughter will be 2 in March and she sleeps about 10 to 12 hours at night and sometimes no nap but sometimes naps for a max of 2 hours :slight_smile:

My 20 month old wakes up at 9 and naps from 1230 to 330 4 and in bed by 8. Your schedule is perfect some kids just need more sleep. My son is on the go nonstop when he’s awake so I get why he likes to sleep

I wish mine were on that schedule… :unamused:

My 1 and 2 year old sleep from 7pm to 7am, and naps from 1pm to 3pm. They’re fine.

Not at all my 2.5 almost 3 yr old is still taking 3 hr naps.

My 2 year is on the same schedule sleeps from 730p.m. til bout 630 a.m. and takes a 2 hour nap during the day

Enjoy those naps while you can because one day, it’ll be like a switch was flipped and they’ll never nap again. :wink::heart:

1 Like

Nope. They still need alot of sleep at that age.

Parenting classes help

That’s good. Sounds normal to me.

I have the exact same schedule for my daughter and it works awesome! Why knock something that’s working ?!

My 3 yr old is up at 8. Naps from 12-3, in bed by 8. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s all good !!! Don’t adjust it let them adjust it if needed, that way it’s not a fight and they are less crabby.

My son is 2 and naps about 3 hours is up at 8 am naps about 12/1 to no later than 3 and goes to bed at 8pm

Psh you’re lucky as hell

1 Like

I think this sounds about right on with my what my kids did. Enjoy the down time while he naps. It won’t be long and naps won’t give you that small break in the day. :heart:

1 Like

Sounds like a dream. No he’s not sleeping too much.

Oh no! I have the exact schedule but she goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 6.

Sounds good to me. Enjoy those three hour naps! Lol

Mine sleeps 2 hour naps and about 12 hour nights so it’s normal.

You better shush before you jinx it!!!

2 Likes

That’s a great schedule. Don’t worry about it at all.

I have a 9 year old that we got a sleep study done on a year ago because he would still need a nap during the afternoon. Turns out that’s just his normal. Some kids need extra sleep. They’re growing and learning and exerting sounds much energy. Watching kids makes me wanna sleep too.

1 Like

Y’all worry too much :smirk: if you child seems happy and is sleeping at night even though napping like this during the day everything is ok. My daughter took two naps at the babysitters during the day. Came home and took another. As long as I had her awake by 7:30 she still went to bed at 9. Stop worrying, unless she starts to seem sick or something.

Sounds normal to me!

My 3yr old goes down for bed at 7pm and is up at 7am, down for a nap at 11 and sleeps till 1 30.

My 2 y/o has the sme schedule. Whys it bad

No. Little kids need at least 12 hours of sleep a day. Their brain grows when they sleep. Kids are fine. Enjoy the time they sleep !! If it was a new born sleeping for so long with out waking up than I’d be concerned.

My son is 5 and still will take 2.5-3 hour naps if he doesn’t have school! He wakes up at 630 ish. Naps from 1-3 or 4. Then to bed around 9

That is the amount of time for kids in day care.

My 2 and a half year old has mostly stopped her day naps now but if she needs a sleep I’ll let her nap for an hour. She sleeps from 8 till 8 of a night

Honestly if he needs it he needs it. Normal or too much isn’t a thing when it comes to sleep in a typical kid. Probably just doing a whole lot of growing

1 Like

That sounds like a great schedule!! Wish my little girl would hop on board!:joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

My oldest daughter use to have a 2.5 hr nap and sleep 7pm to 7am! Enjoy it while it lasts!

I think all kids are different and if they are growing or super active it definitely will make a difference as well. My daughter goes to bed at 10:30pm and is up by 9am when I’m home and not out of town for work. She takes usually a 2 hr nap after lunch sometimes longer.

1 Like

God I wish any of our kids slept like that

My 2.5 year old goes to bed at 730 (fights it till 9- comes running out naked or dancing or both) wakes up at 5am and will barely take a 45 min nap… The only time he is still during waking hours is to eat everything I have in the house!!! Tell me more about your routine so I can get my child to sleep like yours :rofl::rofl:🙋

2 Likes

My 3 yr old has 2 hr day nap and bed at 730/8pm latest… i wake him at 6-6.30am for work/daycare… otherwise he would sleep till 7am.

Your routine is fine

When my son was 18 months he still took 2 naps a day by HIS choice. Also slept all night. Just a good sleeper.

My two year old takes 2-3 hour naps too. I’d be dead if she woke up at 5 AM every day though. :rofl:

when he is sleeping his body is healing and fighting off anything he has picked up he is also sitting up his sleep pattern his body will work it out just let him be a little boy and enjoy him he will grow up way too fast and this will be the least of your worries God Bless you both

That’s a great schedule. My sons on a horrible schedule rn. Hes been napping at like 8/9 sometimes 10 at night. Sleep till 2-3am and up till like 8 then sleeps till 1/2 sometimes 3 in the afternoon. We work nights here so it’s hard. I had him on a 9pm-9am schedule but he got sick and I didnt work for awhile and we stayed up now I’m paying for it cuz I hate our schedule.

Kids need tons of sleep so no

1 Like

Your a lucky mama! This schedule is perfect! At this age they need good afternoon sleep especially being outside in the fresh air!

1 Like

Daycare naps are 12:30-2:30. And maybe put him to bed 8-8:30 seems a bit early all around.

1 Like

My daughter did this too, perfectly natural

Sounds perfect to me.

Nope not at all. My kids are 5:30am-8pm and get a 2 hr nap in the afternoon

If he’s sleeping through the night, leave the schedule a lone. If he’s not, I’d cut back a hour on his nap. (10am-noon)

My daughter goes to bed at 7. Sleeps Til 9 usually. And has a 2-3 hour nap during the day. She’ll be 2 in April. Some babies just like sleep more than others.

1 Like

Perfect! Lucky lady!

My almost 2yr old goes to bed 8pm/8:30pm wakes up 8am then naps at 12pm to 4pm then continue the cycle.

My daycare naps are 12-3. Nope it’s fine.

My 2yr old goes to bed no later than 7:30 (most of the time) and wakes up at 7am. He takes a nap at 12:30pm anywhere between 2-3 hours. :woman_shrugging: Though there are times when he decides to skip the nap. :woman_facepalming::joy:

They growing like crazy and blow more energy than us. Let em sleep.

My fiance and I get his nephew on weekends he is almost 3 and he sleeps 12 hours :thinking: when he wakes he is energized lol but hardly ever takes a nap when we have him

His routine is perfect

I wouldnt be concerned

Sounds good to me! My 2 year old daughter goes to sleep for the night between 7pm and 8pm and sleeps until 8am usually. She has one nap during the day, usually from 12pm-3pm.