Is my sons behavior normal?

Should I be concerned about my sons behaviour? he is 12 years old and spends some time in his bedroom…doesnt come out much unless i drag him out of the house or he plays basketball after the sun goes down and its cooler outside…but he sometimes will come into my room and cannot stop laughing and finfd everything funny…other times hes MEH…but he gets in these moods where he just finds everything hilarious and it kind of worries me…or is this normal?

48 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is my sons behavior normal?

Seema normal teenager to me. Mine will be 15 here soon and it sounds like what he does. :woman_shrugging:

I did that as a kid…. Drove my parents crazy then they just started laughing with me​:joy::rofl:

This is normal, young one. What does he do in his all day? TV, computer, cell phones- probably just like most kids today.

Yup very normal. My son is 14. He doesn’t like leaving his room either. He likes to go outside after the sun goes down. He thinks everything is hilarious :woman_facepalming:. He has good days and bad days. He gets an attitude at times. He gets mad about doing chores but stills does them with an attitude like stomping feet etc. i think it gets better when they’re in their 20s? I think idk tho :joy: but teenager years are the hardest I rather go thru the terrible 2/3s lol

Sounds like all of mine lol. And me too :upside_down_face::rofl:

That’s normal teenage behavior.

Sounds like my 11 yr old son.

Sounds like my 15 year old daughter. :joy: it’s just a teenager thing an adults are lame :laughing:

The room part is normal, all of my kids hibernated in the rooms for a couple years. The random laughing and meh could be bouts of mania if there’s more to it.

1 Like

Totally normal! We have an (almost) 14 year old son and he only comes out of his room to talk shit, ask for money or eat.

He goes to the park, up the road, to hang out with his other smelly, oily, teenage friends sometimes, but to get him to do anything with his parents or family, we have to drag him out basically kicking and screaming.

He has LED lights in his room and those are all he uses. He won’t turn his lights on, has black out curtains and refuses to run his air conditioner… even in the middle of summer. It stinks in there. It’s like teenage boys are allergic to sunlight at that age.

Sounds like my 14 and 16 year olds and when my 22 year old was that age she was the same… I was the same way and still am lol :joy:

1 Like

It could be a few things .my youngest did that and I found out he was dabbling in drugs .he also had depression .I’m not saying that is the case with your son, but it is possible.

1 Like

You have what we call a preteen :joy: definitely sounds normal to me :grinning:

They turn into vampires when they hit their teens. Lasts till they leave school and start work. Perfectly normal teenage behaviour

It’s hormones, just let him know he can come to you with anything. Be supportive and let him have his privacy

10 Likes

Normal
Preteens are reclusive and goofy. Moody and judgy
Just a bundle of emotions.

5 Likes

When asked about kids’ behavior, I try to remember back to when I was that age. I used to spend a lot of time in my room. Of course, I lived in the country, so I spent a lot of time alone in the woods by the creek too. I didn’t want to have people around me all the time. I did like to hang out with my friend from the next house north of us, but my adoptive mother liked to curtail that as much as possible… she didn’t like for me to have too much fun. I wish I had been welcome to go in her room and be silly. But after my Dad passed away, I was better off keeping my distance. But when I was allowed to hang out at my friend’s house, we had a blast joking and cutting up.

2 Likes

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob1119.pages.dev/

Normal. Typical teenager.

Maybe he’s stoned sometimes.

15 Likes

He’s 12 my oldest is 16 I haven’t seen him in 4 years :rofl::rofl: huh Zakary Meyers

5 Likes

First i was scared about investing, but when i made up my mind then i realized that making money in binary option trading is very easy when you’re with the right manager. Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve , who helped me in managing my trading account. Then after a couple of days i received an email concerning my trading about withdrawing my profit immediately, so up till now i still haven’t believed i made my profit in justifying mmthree trading days and am very happy and once again, contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Smoking weed and jerking off

13 Likes

Idk sounds to me like he is getting high or something. But could be typical teen behavior

6 Likes

Yes it is perfectly fine. He is a boy! He is a preteen boy. It will only get worse, I promise.

2 Likes

My niece did this starting around 9 and still does it, it’s normal annoying kid stuff lol

He’s twelve boys that age mods swing just like we did/do with our hormones.
Your boy is fine :slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t think anyone wants to go out in this heat if they don’t have to!

2 Likes

Is he autistic? Coming from an asd mom

He’s a teenager. Pretty normal. Sometimes they’re in sulky moods and sometimes they think things are hilarious. Just make sure you knock before you go in his room.

1 Like

Well my son did the same. He was depressed. Wanted to fit in with the wrong kids. Was smoking weed unbeknowst to me. Cutting himself. Lonely. Later started doing hard drugs .finally passed of a drug overdose. Try to get him help please! From a mother that knows!

1 Like

I can’t hardly get my 13 almost 14 year old son to come out of his room. He comes out long enough to eat or to say “I love you mama” and give me a hug. They’re just caught up in their video games and teenagers think they all have it so hard. Keep dragging him out so he knows you want him around. He’ll snap out of it eventually.

2 Likes

Do you even know what kids are like?

Ok was gonna say the same thing Samantha Baglio-Parks said

You explained a teenager

Sounds normal to me. He’s between being a silly kid and wanting a bunch of privacy because Puberty.

If you’re worried he’s smoking pot, just ask him and get it over with. I don’t think what you’ve described is worth the possible damage that question could do to your immediate relationship since this doesn’t really sound like anything worrisome.

3 Likes

Sounds like my 12 yr old :joy:

2 Likes

Mom of 2 boys here one is 12 and this is 100% normal :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe he’s smoking the pot?

8 Likes

I’m was very lucky my son was always outside.

Absolutely normal , specially if they have a tv and video games , computers in their rooms

First i was scared about investing, but when i made up my mind then i realized that making money in binary option trading is very easy when you’re with the right manager. Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve , who helped me in managing my trading account. Then after a couple of days i received an email concerning my trading about withdrawing my profit immediately, so up till now i still haven’t believed i made my profit in justifying mmthree trading days and am very happy and once again, contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

100% normal… and it won’t get better until they’re adults.

2 Likes

It’s normal teenage behavior both my kids do it

Congrats you have a preteen!

Sounds like he needs friends.

Ha ha ha ha… sorry, but this is SO NORMAL. I wish you the best of luck. Yes, they do grow up, eventually

Sounds like he’s using drugs to me

3 Likes

My boys have done it. They are just like that sometimes.

Sounds like me and I’m 33​:rofl::rofl:

Its normal every teen is like this mostly

Completely normal. When my now 14 year old hit puberty he would not come out of his room and had crazy mood swings… he is finally getting out of that but just give him space and time. He has a lot going on and it’s completely normal

The indoors part sounds normal but the laughing part is a bit weird for me cause i saw my cousins when they smooked weed they would laugh at anything even though it wasnt funny…but talk to him he might let something out

3 Likes

I’m completely shocked with this payout, I never knew my investment would yield this sum, big thank you for giving me the courage to trade with you, I know its a lot and am so excited to continue trading with you on your super amazing success platform. Thank you ma’am… I never knew I will be a millionaire one day ,but by the Grace of God I’m who I am today all thanks to mrs Elizabeth James and her trading platform I love you ma’am
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

I’m so much happy for subscribing to this crypto/forex trading #Bot, this trading has been earning me profits for my little investments. I’m now debt free… I have no experience of trading, but I’m making withdrawals of 85% returns every trade with Elizabeth James the strategy manager with her sincere heart, she’s always available to respond messages.
You can contact her below.
:point_down:

1 Like

Sounds to me like be may be smoking some weed…

10 Likes

I’am making over $153 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17465 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs6.pages.dev/

1 Like

Sounds like my bfs son.
He’s 12. In his room most the day but will come out and play with the dog or show his dad videos on his phone laughing so hard he can’t breath.

For real are you for real asking this question? Can’t believe the school system continues to turn out students without critical thinking skills. God help us.

He sounds like a normal teen.

1 Like

Sounds like a normal 12 year old to me

Typically can teen behavior.

Typically can teen behavior.

Pre teen kids are EXTREMELY weird!:joy:Went through 2 daughters & a son myself lol Just keep communication open & keep encouraging him do get out & be active. Maybe if you’re financially ok find something for him to join with other kids & mentors?

2 Likes

Sounds like the beginning stages of bi-polar disorder

Lol is he smoking weed?

It could be a million different things…. Could be a manic episode in depression, could be normal teen stuff, could be that he’s too hot to want to be out and about… could be smoking weed… but I feel like that’s probably something you’d smell if you went into his room. Talk with him. I think being open and having a good line of communication would be really helpful here.

sounds normal. my 12 year old sometimes is just… in the mood to be goofy and giggly and funny. it’s fine.

Pre teen boys are weird lol give it time don’t try to diagnose him over some laughter and being quiet. Hormones are a bitch and effect everyone differently.

He’s definitely a normal teen!

If he was high you should be able to smell it, probably just a normal weird kid like the rest of them :slightly_smiling_face: