Is she just being fake?

Don’t respond. Who willingly needs that negativity and drama in their lives? Definitely not you or that baby! She’s petty and the friendship wasn’t a true one from the start. You’ve been fine all these years without her and keep it that way. If you feel that you must respond, do it after a few days when your emotions aren’t as intense and respectfully say “I couldn’t be happier. Although I appreciate you finally acknowledging my existence, I respectfully request you remind yourself that your presence has been extinct and is no longer desired. Please refrain from contacting me”. Then block her number.

4 Likes

She cut you out because of jealousy, leave her gone 🤷🏻 not worth the headache girl

3 Likes

Keep quiet…u don’t need nor want this drama in your life

2 Likes
  1. She works 3mins away from you but hasn’t visited in 3 years.
  2. She comes as far as to hang out with someone else in your building but still leaves without seeing you.
  3. She ignored your efforts to reach out to her.
  4. She has not apologised.
  5. She has not even offered an explanation.
  6. She has already disrespected and destroyed the 15 years of friendship.

This started because she was jealous, petty and acted out. She reaching out doesn’t mean she no longer is; unless of course… refer to points 4 & 5.

I’d just ignore her and cut her off, really not worth an emotional response with possible subsequent drama, especially now that you’re pregnant.

It would be unfair to ask your fiancé to cut her off too IF HE DOESN’T WANT TO (he was her brother’s bestfriend afterall), but he should know everything if he doesn’t already, especially since he choosing you is what started this.
Atleast he can be careful around her and avoid being alone with her, or places that’ll put you three together.

Congratulations on the baby!

6 Likes

That’s exactly what u need to say to her

1 Like

She chose to be out of your life let her stay that way

Girl I would text her what u said u can’t loose in this one for trying

1 Like

What the fuck kind of Jerry Springer shit am I reading?

1 Like

Idk why but this gave me she’s gonna cut that baby out you vibes :grimacing: I watch too many crime shows lol I would just block her. I don’t play the bs middle/high school games. Congrats on the baby!

8 Likes

Ask her! What happened glad your back but why now. Communication is key in any relationship

Send that message! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Lol all these vindictive comments…has it occurred that she stayed away because it was too painful to be reminded of someone she can’t have? Considering you are with someone she has feelings for? Perhaps she’s ready now and realises she doesn’t want to miss out on anymore of life’s milestones as your friend…just my two cents

3 Likes

Thing is people grow up. Things happen that make them realize they were being stupid. I wouldn’t necessarily let her in your business, but it’s answer her. And I’d make sure at some point the conversation of why did you treat me like that would come up

2 Likes

I would never call her a true friend, because true friends don’t do that to each other!! Keep yourself and your family away from her, you never know when it may become toxic again!! Play it smart, be safe and keep your distance from her!! She chose to keep you out of her life all these years it is not up to you to let her back in!!

1 Like

I mean it depends if you want her back in your life as your friend.
You said she had feelings for the person you ultimately ended engaged to before you guys got together, Which regardless of what her situation was feelings are feelings we can’t always help them. Maybe she just needed time to process everything
But if you don’t miss the friendship at all then I wouldn’t answer cause silence speaks volumes too

From someone with similar experience to this, IGNORE HER BLOCK HER ON EVERYTHING! Leave her in the past.

6 Likes

I guarantee you she has an ulterior motive guaranteed

4 Likes

No you should absolutely text that to her. Is really is not your friend !

1 Like

Maybe she sees you differently since she told you she had feelings for someone, and you dated them anyway. I can see how that could make a friendship awkward. Being around you, being around him, awkward. Feelings are feelings no matter how you try to justify it. That’s why I would never date anyone that a good friend has or had feelings for, usually ends the friendship.

I am also getting ulterior motive vibes. I wish people were genuine in their “I grew up, I’m sorry,” moments, but it is so inconsistent, and many don’t want to take the time to do it now. Easier to blame the problem on someone else. Unless she is able to sit down and have a solid conversation with you about it over a cup of coffee, I get “she gonna cut the baby out of you/she is going to try to be you/she wants what you have” vibes.

3 Likes

Cut her off, shes being petty, be careful with your relationship. Dont let her in your life. Idk but i feel like you shouldn’t trust her at all anymore.

4 Likes

Tell her exactly what you wanted to say and watch her around your man

3 Likes

People change, you’ve changed. Tell her how you feel, get it all off your chest and then move on. It will either naturally start again or die. If it was me I’d prefer the latter of the two. No one has time for flakey bitches when pregnant.

I don’t trust people like your friend. I would find another friend who has no past with my man. But, that’s just me.

She could be thinking she gets close to you, to get to your man.

1 Like

She’s probably thinking while your pregnant she has a chance to sneak in on your man, ignore her and keep her out of your life. She will still have feelings for your man if the friendships ended in an unresolved way

1 Like

Ignore her. Ye have all moved on. We all grow and depart.

Sounds like she wants to bang him to me💁‍♀️

Oohh no that is red flag grand central! Run! She’s shady!

She’s toxic . Let her go and be happy with your family

1 Like

Make small chat if you want and keep it and her at a distance.

Stay as far away as possible

Tell her exactly what you just said. And distance yourself from her now

3 Likes

Keep the distance between yall. Sounds like she has a different motive than just “checking on you” I wouldn’t trust that. Yall have went this long not communicating or being actual friends, no need to hash it back out.

2 Likes

Friendships can be grown out of. You are pregnant,so do you really want her drama? She couldn’t be bothered before, u need to back away, block,but beware… She has motives,so why open that door?

3 Likes

Sounds like she’s just trying to get closer to you so you can confide in her and when you start venting about your dude she’s gonna try to swoop in on him. Smells like nothing but drama. Keep quiet and move on.

4 Likes

Don’t even try letting her back such people are bad news always

4 Likes

Be rid of it/her. If it causes you to question your own VERY VALID FEELINGS… pshhhhhhhh move on… legit tell her everything you feel and want to say and WALKKKKKKK AWAYYYYYY.

1 Like

She’s Toxic, Avoid her! End of Story, Please find a better “Friend”. Doesn’t sound like she’s a good friend to you at all. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you well

2 Likes

She is not your true friend.

1 Like

Send her that. I’m 100% blunt and honest like.

1 Like

Well I think you should pretend she never texted you. You are pregnant and don’ t need her now. She didn’t need you before and the past stays in past. I wouldnt trust her has far has I could push her.

9 Likes

That’s exactly how you should respond to her. She’s a snake :snake:

Stop trying. You out grew her and she’ll just hold you back from going forward. This is a test, don’t fail it by getting worked up over someone you can clearly live without.

She cares because she’s a swinger and now the person she was supposedly in love with is married/marrying you. She’s probably trying to get close to him. She choose some fantasy relationship over your friendship and proved it over the years. Keep her at a distance her intentions are ill. Just an opinion looking on the outside in.

4 Likes

When someone shows you how they feel about you, believe them.

2 Likes

Young one - let her go - you don’t need her drama. You gotta get ready for your lil’ one. This lady just wants destroy what you have. She is jealous-toxic - ignore her. You’ve moved on - NOW be happy sweetie :v:t4::wink:

It’s ok to outgrow people and it’s definitely wise to stay away from toxic folk.!

Send that damn text… You need answers!

There’s no good intentions that r gonna come from her…stay away,keep the distance,do what u need,but do not let her come back into ur life

Nah, if it were me I probably just wouldn’t respond.

Why do you care now ?:woman_shrugging:
Obviously you both feel you have unfinished business because she reached out and you have so many feelings and emotions about it.
It can’t hurt to sit down and talk, hear what she has to say and you express how hurt and confused you’ve been. One of two things will occur; you’ll understand each other better and you can wish each other well and move on. Or you can forge a new friendship and move forward with forgiveness for the past. It’s your choice.