Is there a polite way to ask for limited clothes at a baby shower?

Is there a polite way to ask for limited clothing as gifts for a baby shower?? What we really need is the baby gear / diapers and wipes. But I know shopping for baby clothes is fun too! Has anyone done this for a shower? Mine isn’t until May but I already have so many people buying us clothes, we probably won’t need any once the baby comes

3 Likes

My sister added a note in the invitations that for every package of wipes or diapers in a few different sizes she held a raffle for one of the prizes/gift card. I did get quite a bit. As far as baby gear, I’d say maybe word of mouth from family/friends can pass along information of what you need or making a baby registry.

Yes it’s good to put on your invitation what you really need or get a registered at a store you could also have a diaper shower my friends had one for me it was awesome the invitation read P.S it’s a diaper shower please gift diapers size 2 and up and sent free wipes only. We where set for a very long time it was great

1 Like

With the invite send a polite note stating what things you need. X

Ask for gift cards so you can buy the correct size nappy as bby grows…

Add it onto your invitation and state “while gifts of clothes are much appreciated, baby has all the clothes they need. And as such of you wish to bring a gift, items such as nappies/ wipes etc are needed”

2 Likes

You usually mention what you need/want in the invite. If you happen to need certain sized clothing, you usually specify that too. Diapers and wipes makes it super easy, also make a registry with some of the more expensive things and people are more likely to do that.

Make a registry and on the invites write “We’ve been gifted a ton of baby clothes. If you choose to give a gift we have a registry at xyz”.

Honestly …I prefer to gift something useful and would be delighted if the parents sent a note asking for the cream, wipes, diapers etc. Just ask them :grinning:

This was our diaper raffle success :grinning:

Be grateful for whatever you get…make a registry…

1 Like

Have a diaper and wipe shower. Asks for different sizes. Also lotion and ointments.

We did a diaper raffle and registered virtually no clothes. We only registered “needs”. People naturally buy clothes on their own. When asked what size clothes, we asked for sizes over newborn.

I found what was handy when I had twins that a lot of people gave me the nxt 1 or 2 sizes up which were very useful especially how quick they grow.Baby showers weren’t done in.Uk until fairly recently

I did a diaper raffle at both my baby showers and any baby shower I ever threw for someone else. You just mention it on the invitation that anyone who brings a pack of diapers to the baby shower will be entered into a raffle for a prize. It was always a good turn out with everyone bringing a pack of diapers along with their gift and so much fun for everyone involved.

Maybe different sizes . I never bought newborn when I bought gifts

Do diaper and wipe shower and baby hygiene items

Every bag a diapers brought put in for a raffle prize

We did a diaper raffle at my daughters shower. Anyone who brought in diapers was placed in a jar for a drawing. Spent about $50 on the prize. We listed the raffle on the invitations.

Make a card that says if you bring diapers and wipes you’ll be entered to win a prize. Get like a30 gift card for a resturant of choice for the prize