Is there a way to naturally balance your hormones?

Hormonal imbalance question. So I’m almost 30 and experiencing long periods, TERRIBLE PMS 10 days before my period starts, hair loss and weight gain. I had my tubes tied after my 3rd baby in 2019 so I don’t know if that could be causing it or just getting older I saw my OBGYN and the options she gave me were either a hysterectomy or getting on birth control. I’ve gone over the medications I’ve taken since all this has been happening with my doctor and he said neither should be causing these issues that I should go with one of the options my OBGYN gave me I don’t care for either option though. Any suggestions on what I can do or any natural ways to balance things?

17 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is there a way to naturally balance your hormones? - Mamas Uncut

Have they checked your thyroid? Your thyroid can cause hormonal changes.

2 Likes

Have you ever had your thyroids checked?

Have you been screened for PCOS?

1 Like

Have you been checked for PCOS? You symptoms read like a book…

1 Like

I know diet can make big changes in those things. Try researching what foods could help. Barnes and noble has a lot of books to look into that could help with recipes and stuff.

Most doctors will say tying your tubes doesn’t change anything. I disagree. When I had mine tied many years ago I had increased pain and heavier longer periods. A LOT of people I know had the same experience. Having a hysterectomy was the best thing I ever did

4 Likes

Its because your tubes are tied. I had mine removed and not even a year later had a hysterectomy. Best decision ever

1 Like

I opted out of getting my tubes tied 5 years ago because of the horror stories I heard of the problems and complications afterwards

Look into vitex aka chasteberry. Its a supplement. Doctors suck for these things. Vitex is the only thing that helped me. Night and day difference.

Pcos sounds like it. Read about diets for pcos and there are a few supplements you can take as well. The other recommendation from doctors will be birth control :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That sounds like your thyroid

1 Like

Could be post tubal litigation syndrome. It’s a thing I never heard of til I had to do research because things got so bad after having my tubes tied

Seed cycling: eat 1 tablespoon each of freshly ground flax and pumpkin seeds per day for the first half of the month of your menstrual cycle, then eat 1 tablespoon each of ground sunflower and sesame seeds per day for the second half.

Too much estrogen is linked with long periods, so you can try taking chaste berry supplements. Other herbal remedies used to balance hormones is ashwagandha, black cohosh, dong quai, lady’s mantle.

Check your thyroid with a simple blood test to determine if it is functioning properly.

Eat more protein and omega-3s, less sugar, and exercise.

Rest! You need to lower stress levels and get more sleep to support adrenal function.

Highly recommend the Hormone Kit from Rowe Casa Organics VIP

Sounds to me like a thyroid issue, a family member of mine has a thyroid issue and she goes through similar symptoms.

Definitely tell them to get that checked.

2 Likes

Maca root is really helpful for your hormones, also Magnesium is VERY helpful for all the symptoms you just mentioned. Also, I would look into another doctor, giving you that 1st option is absolutely Ludacris. What that would do to the rest of your body would not even compare to your symptoms now… our health system is extremely flawed.

Also it sounds a lot like thyroid and Magnesium will help tons w that!

1 Like

Ask your OBGYN about ablation not hysterectomy

2 Likes

I got my tubes cut in 2019 and my periods are longer and heavier too. I’m in my 30’s too. Told my Ob about it and she says it’s normal but I feel like it’s not. My period used to last 4 days maxed but now it’s 7 days or sometimes 8.

This happened to me when I was in my late teens/early 20’s before I tied my tubes. I went on birth control, the patch and it really did help. I ended up having a couple more kids and then tied my tubes and haven’t had any issues since. I only had to be on birth control for a year and have been fine since. (Been 18 years now)

I take a supplement called inositol and ashwaganda, I swear my hormones are so off without it. Crying spells for no reason etc. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16 due to irregular periods.

1 Like

I had same issues. I had a D and C and IUD inserted. It’s like night and day now with what I was going through less than a year ago. I was bleeding on average 23-25 days/month and my iron levels were dangerously low

1 Like

The same thing happened to me after I had a tubal in 2013. About 2 years after the tubal, I started experiencing heavier, longer periods ( previously they were maybe 4 days and done) body aches, cramps… basically I was miserable for 2 weeks out of every month. After 5 years of dealing with it, I went to see my GYN. She said that’s common after a tubal. But I was also diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis. Unrelated to that, she found that I had cervical cancer, so a hysterectomy was off the table. I had to have surgery for the cancer and at the same time, she did an IUD insertion. That stopped my period all together, along with most of the other symptoms. Every month, my boobs get a little sore and I get mild cramps, but nothing like before. I really wanted the hysterectomy, but my GYN wouldn’t do it until I have a year of clean screenings, so the IUD was my best option.

1 Like

There is a book called Women Code by Alisa Vitti - it’s all about adjusting your hormones naturally! I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis and a fertility Dula I spoke with recommended it to try and help conceive!

Seriously, I’ve been having the same exact issues for a couple years now. My doctor acts like I’m being ridiculous & doesn’t help me at all.

So, I guess I’m kinda following. Lol

1 Like

Ashwagandha. Have your thyroid checked yearly. The thyroid controls hormones. It also controls Every Single Organ in the body as well as the circulatory system and nervous system.

1 Like

Seek out an acupuncturist in your area. Preferably someone who is specialized in women’s health and is an herbalist.

You could have cyst on ovaries. Having a hysterectomy is going to cause you to gain enormous amounts of weight. Because your hormones will get messed up and cause early menopause and causes weight gain

Ablation!! I had so many issues after my tubal, stuff they don’t tell you can happen. I had post tubal ligation syndrome and I suffered with heavy bleeding really bad cramps, night sweats you name it in went through it. Total disruption of my life every time I had my period. And sometimes it was two to even three times a month. My blood was always so low to the point of needing blood. Get a second opinion or ask her about an endometrial ablation. It’s a simply non invasive procedure with almost no downtime! I had mine done for almost 3 years and no more periods and I feel so much better!

4 Likes

It sounds like thyroid issues to me.

When I cut out gluten/grains and started eating low carb everything balanced

Ask about an ablation. That helped me with most of those symptoms.

I take a pcos vitamin by Windsor and it’s been a game changer! After about 3 month of taking it according to my bloodwork my hormones are almost near perfect. My period was all over the place before. Sometimes I’d bleed for almost 2 months straight or I’d get my periods twice a month. Had my thyroid checked along with many other autoimmune tests. All came back fine and within range. Endless ultrasounds, exams and medical procedures. This was the only think that has helped me. I don’t do well with birth control. I did when I was younger but after my son my body didn’t react to it the same. I don’t know if it will help you but its worth a try. I do want to throw it out there that my mom also went through what you’re going through and it was :100: from her getting her tubes tied after she had me.

Go see an endocrinologist

2 Likes

Hysterectomy was the best decision I have ever made!!! I suffered from horrible periods that would last 7 days or longer and passing clumps the size of 50 cent pieces having kids only made my periods worse so I did it and feel soooooooooooo much better only now I am experiencing early menopause and I’m 38 these hot flashes are no joke and sweating oh my goodness lol but I can honestly vouch for the hysterectomy!!!

2 Likes

Your issue may not be gynecological. Have your thyroid levels and Vitamin D levels checked along with blood counts and chemistries too

1 Like

What about an endometrial ablation? I did it 3 years ago and never a period since

Had my tubes tied then dr tells me the bad effects of it long painful periods flooding weight gain

Evening primrose oil

Same problem, I take birth control but I want a hysterectomy and now getting a second opinion because my ob was rude. But was given no clear diagnosis

I had a hysterectomy at 35 and that was the best decision of my life!!!

Have you hormone levels and thyroid checked

1 Like

Have u tried an ablation? Before Hysterectomy!

1 Like

maybe get another GYN, just a thought, And maybe have your hormones levels checked. I had a uterus ablation done & what a difference it made with my bleeding

You need to do a blood test

1 Like

I saw good comments about Lisa Jennifer on how she helps people,so I decided to contact her and I’m glad I did Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit
Lisa Jennifer

Talk to doc about progesterone cream…it was a godsend for me. It did take a couple-3 months

Hair analysis and nutritional balancing program.

1 Like

You’ll need to check for thyroid disease, hormone disruption/imbalance and things like pcos and fibroids. There is ZERO AND I REPEAT ZERO reason to further destroy your body’s capability to regulate hormones with birth control! That is like the last resort, and there should be absolute proof of the levels needed for your body individually. If vitamins/nutrients and health diet for a year or more doesn’t help. I’ve been taking ashwagandha, saw palmetto, evening primrose, extra fish oil from a reputable source (like the brand that comes refrigerated in a glass bottle), vitamin c from rose hips (cheap vitamin c from manufactured citric acid is made from black mold), turmeric complex, b complex (look for forms beginning with methyl), selenium, iodine, apple cider vinegar tablets, and a pre/probiotic. These things all work together. I managed to lower high testosterone and keep the Hashimoto’s I have just below the need for medication so far 2 years with this. I was told pcos makes it so that you can’t absorb b vitamins well, so I’ve stopped taking that until I can figure out what to do about it. If you can find an alternative medicine provider for woman’s health near you they should be able to check all of that and recommend something similar.

I’m so excited now I can at least pay my bill and take good care of my family Thank you Mrs Lisa Jennifer for you have brought happiness to me and my family through your experiences in Cryptocurrency hit her dm on how to invest