Is there such thing as a back doctor?

Is there such a thing as a back doctor (not a chiropractor)? Every morning I wake up and part of my back hurts, but not always the same spot. I’ve always had a bad back but it’s only gotten worse and having 3 kids.


Try a chiropractor! I went to a chiro after massage stopped helping and two previous visits to a physio. He was amazing.

1 Like

A sports medicine doc might be able to help if you’ve had some sort of injury. Or if you think it’s a nerve thing you could see a neurologist.

An orthopedic spine specialist may help.

You could also try an osteopath.

1 Like

Sounds simple but have you a good mattress, an orthopedic mattress and chiropractor helped me

Don’t go to a back doctor if you don’t want to be put on pain meds. Take it from someone who’s been there done that. Got injured at work. Got sent to Orthopedics they sent me to pain management and PT. All they did was try to drug me, give me injections and do physical therapy it did nothing to help. The meds they gave me destroyed my gut. I had to do all sorts of things to fix it. It’s still not completely fixed. Now I go to the chiropractor once a week and it’s worth every single penny. It’s the only thing that help me.