Is this normal behavior?

Does he have any kind of add/adhd. Impulse control is a hard thing first kid who have these issues.

Kids make mistakes there impulsive and emotional and giving the right environment they can do some terrible things not knowing the consequences of there actions. I’m sure the other boy has pushed your son befor but your son just happen to do it on a climbing structure making the result worse :man_shrugging: I’d be just reiterating that it’s not ok to touch others in anyway and under no circumstances to push someone off something that may hurt them seriously

1 Like

I’d say he’s pretty normal outside the fact that it’s literally just that one kid. I’d be more apt to watch them more closely bc I imagine that one child is doing things to taunt your child an trick him into retaliating and once he does he realizes that he was wrong and apologizes. But the other child has already manipulated him into doing wrong. I’ve seen kids do this a lot. It’s an attention seeking behavior where they go out their way to get another child to do something to them so they can seek sympathy ( aka attention) from their parents or other adults around them. Soon it turns into seeking the attention of peers so that they get all the friends they can an attack those who refuse. I’d watch the other child around your child bc that child could potentially harm yours with their manipulative tactics an assaults. Be sure to listen to both fully before determining who an what is at fault for the actions. My daughter had a friend who did this and she nearly killed herself bc she thought she was really hurting this friend only to find out that no this girl was deliberately setting up elaborate schemes with mine that would draw her mothers attention to her and she would then point the finger at my child for harming her or making her do whatever it was that got her hurt. She was a 15 y/o girl acting essentially like an infant when her mother came running to check on her. It took other kids to start calling her out on her shit an telling her mother no she did on her own to get her mother to back off an keep her kid away.

It’s possible he could have some ADHD but accidents do happen and some boys just play ruff. Sounds like he got a little to hyper . I wouldn’t worry about it yet just try to have him do calmer activities if u can.

1 Like

If it was the other way around momma would not be complaining. Kinda like our days playing king of the hill

2 Likes

:flushed::flushed: there’s nothing wrong with ur son he’s just acting like a kid they do things like that all the time. He apologised and felt remorse the little friends mother sounds precious and if she has that reaction wen her kid gets hurt she won’t be preparing him for life.

2 Likes

I have 3 kids and they have 6 cousins they see on a regular basis and trust me they have done way worse to each other! As did me and my brothers as kids :rofl: it’s all part of growing up it’s not called rough housing for no reason

2 Likes

Sounds like normal kids to me.

Your son is fine . . . I wouldn’t worry. Boys will be boys. Your son apologized.

He is five. He pushed a rival down. This is 5 year old behavior. He was sorry, you talked to him. Let it go. All this ADD/ADHD, see a shrink, talk is ridiculous. Not every tantrum requires a damn diagnosis. Keep bringing it up after he’s apologized, and both of you may need a shrink.

Your sons friends mother needs to adjust her attitude and the way she goes about complaining. It should have been a face to face conversation so that nothing could be misunderstood which it was ! Your little boy sounds like a lovely kind little boy and you are teaching him the right thing

Hunni
I seriously wouldn’t stress about it
Kids this age will do this sort of thing
Then 10 mins later they are running around playing as if nothing happened

I think the other mom is in the wrong for what she said
I bet her child does the same thing

He’s a normal five year old. Was the other kid saying mean things? The fact that your son was immediately remorseful speaks volumes. Was the other child badly hurt? Does not sound like it.

2 Likes

Mom sounds like a Karen

1 Like

Sounds like my nephew he hits other kids etc they put him on medication and has been doing a lot better r

Your kid is just fine. Sounds like the other mama is in mama bear mode, he might not have realized the other kid would have fallen completely off. If he would have laughed or something as a reaction I might feel like maybe there’s something there, but he cried and immediately showed remorse. He’s ok. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the boy that was pushed is either an only child or the youngest “baby”?
Sounds like she handled this way way too personally. Now if he had been hurt (broken bones etc) then she would be more within her right imo to be that upset.
My two girls (4&2) hurt each other all the time so maybe she’s just not used to seeing her son being physically “hurt” by another child?

4 Likes

Listen
Never let anyone including the Dr label your kid.
He’s 5 and it’s normal for kids to fight back and in my opinion that’s all he did.
The other mom wouldn’t be so quick to label her own kid.

4 Likes

When I was a kid, I am guessing 3rd/4th grade, this little bastage of a child, was bullying my little sister… she was tiny, had really bad asthma and could barely breath half the time, he made her go into a full on asthma attack after being a jerk to her, and I threw his little butt off the jungle gym. I felt guilty, but I was kinda like HA FOOL! at the same time…I’m normal. It wasn’t just a knee jerk reaction it just happened. It was planned and really, he was fine. That being said, was I wrong?! Absolutely, but am I a normal person now and even then… also absolutely.

1 Like

If there is anything that you take away from 99% of these comments. Is that you can breath. Let your anxiety and that “family” go. You and your son do NOT need that kind of behavior around you.
You and your son are doing great :heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like mom is a Karen and her “perfect precious boy” can do no wrong.

1 Like

I have two sons 7 and 8. Your son is not a pscho!! I spend most days being a referee.

4 Likes

Your son is just fine and you don’t even need to take him to the freaking doctor because he is a child who did a childish thing and is learning from the childish act that he just did what the fuck is wrong with people

Sounds like my kid is a psycho too then. Damn. Lol

The fact that your son showed immediate regret and empathy shows there’s nothing wrong. Now, if he were standing there laughing… I’d say there may be an issue. Your son’s fine momma.

5 Likes

Sounds normal. Why did he push the other kid? Anyways, my twins do this kind of stuff to each other all day every day.

He’s a child u corrected him that should b end of story if other parent can’t let it go let her go

2 Likes

Your son is perfectly fine. He is a 5 years old and learning things. He doesn’t need a Doctor. He needs guidance to do better things. Not put him down for being a 5 years old boy. Maybe separate him from that little boy for a little while, while he is in that stage. But trust me, your son is normal. The mother of the other boy is not. She needs a Doctor.

2 Likes

My twins fight everyday. They apologize to each other n awhile later, they’re at it again. It’s part of being a kid n normal. N life goes on🙂

2 Likes

The other mother needs evaluated for callin a 5 year old kid a psycho … Your boy is fine don’t go dragging him to the doctor’s just because he doesn’t click with the other kid…

2 Likes

My 2 boy’s 7 & almost 10 yr old have fought with each other basically since the youngest started walking. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with your son at all to me

1 Like

No. Your boy is normal. Maybe he got a reason 2 reject the other child. Tell that Karen mom 2grow up. Not act like an angel. Don’t punish ur son at da rotten behavior of others. He apologized n realized his mistake. Tell him not to do that again.

1 Like

Psychos typically don’t feel remorse. Sounds like typical boy behavior. Learning consequences of his actions. Don’t treat your kid as if he is a psycho just because the other mom said that. You will teach him to listen to mean words of other people, and that they hold weight. You want to teach him the opposite.

1 Like

He’s 5. He can’t even regulate his emotions at this point. Not saying what he did was right but cmon now, he’s not mentally unstable :roll_eyes: that other mom is a frkn psycho. He didn’t mean to push him, his emotions took over. A very teachable moment, yes, but mentally unstable… uh no.

He’s 5 u did the right thing and Karen needs to relax

He sounds like a perfectly normal 5yo yo me .

2 Likes

Your teachings and trade setup guidance are amazing mrs ElizabethJames!! I find it really lucky to be part of this group. Am able to get my bearings now and seeing big improvement in my trading. Thanks a lot mrs Elizabeth James

I’m most certainly enjoying my life and you too can also have that freedom to live knowing you have paid off your debts… mrs Elizabeth James is not only going to instruct,but guide you to a life free of debts and wealth stability click on the links to message mrs Elizabeth James for bitcoin Investment :paperclips::link:

Not psycho at all. Kids have to be taught boundaries and what’s ok and what’s not. And 5 is right where my kids started understanding that. Kindergarten is when a lot of kids start school and they learn those social skills and boundaries. Don’t fret over it. Maybe just give him and the other kid a break from eachother for a few days or so.

1 Like

He’s a normal 5 year old boy. The other mom needs a attitude adjustment.

Hello :wave::wave: friends
:pray::pray::pray:
I don’t mean to interrupt your post with my comment, do pardon me am only here to share with you a good Bitcoin trader who has help me earn money online, it’s so good to be true but trust me she’s real and Legit , I’ll recommend as many who are looking forward to invest contact Mrs Elizabeth James now for more information on how it works📩
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

sounds like ur son and this other child have developed an unhealthy play relationship ,
they have been left to learn to play together to much!
and they have learnt together that bickering , physical etc gets them what they need as they haven’t had adults intervention when it was needed .
i am not saying it’s wrong i am talking from experience .
my sister and i have a 3 and 4 yr old , they have always played together as they have gotten older they have gone off to play in rooms and outside etc ‘ while we have been having a cuppa the relationship they developed was so unhealthy without our redirection.
our children do not do this to others . we took some
time away from each other and when we came back together we were aware and accepting of what had ro change , we now don’t at all allow them to argue the moment we are near we intervene and show them how to handle things .
i would assume that your sons learnt that physical behaviour toward the other child is how he gets the reaction he needs ,
who knows why he lashed out the way he did that day, over stimulated , frustrated! etc
the other parent needs to understand that the kids relationship is unhealthy and if she wants a frienship with you , both of you will need to help restructure the kids relationship

Your son is fine. If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t of feel so bad about it.

1 Like

Maybe the other kid told his mother of other things your son did to him while you were not paying attention. Continue to closely observe your son unobtrusively while he is playing and see if you noticed his rough playing is off.

Seems he’s normal to me he’s probably tired of that other kid bullying him

Oh Mama, don’t listen to that other Mama. From reading your post you did exactly what I would of done. Kids do things in the moment that they do not think through, that’s how they learn what to do or not to do. If your son was immediately remorseful for hurting the other child he"s fine. Now had he been excited or happy about hurting the child he would need some help. Sometimes kids (adults as well) just don’t get along I would keep them from interacting if they can’t get along.

He is normal. Don’t worry too much.

2 Likes

Normal kid behaviour, don’t stress mama, all kids go through stuff like this while they are learning what’s ok and what’s not, he’s young, if he didn’t mean to push the kid, it was an accident, if he did mean to push him, it most likely was due to frustration, or if they’ve had times where they’ve hit/pushed ect each other before, maybe he thought it was ok to do at the time, good teaching moment for both u and him, kids will do things like this, and some mum’s will react like this, there’s nothing wrong with ur son hun, I wouldn’t even bother with the docs unless there are other reasons too

I think it’s normal. My oldest 2 kids were very chill and were generally the ones who got pushed around by other kids. But my youngest 2 are wild and hyper and get too rough and have to be reminded often to chillllll. I don’t think they’re psychopaths, I think they’re just kids. I’m 35 and I want to knock some people off some structures, if I was 5 and didn’t know how to process my feelings and emotions towards someone, I can totally see how just knocking a kid I’m not crazy about off of something :woman_shrugging:t3:. I think he’s just a normal little boy.

He showed empathy. So that’s a good thing!! Psychos cant do that.

1 Like

That’s normal for his age. He’s still working on impulse control and emotions at that age. I would talk to him about better ways to express himself when he’s frustrated and whatnot but a one off like that doesn’t necessarily mean he needs to be evaluated. I have 4 boys at home and another boy eow. And they still sometimes do stuff like this. My oldest is diagnosed with a behavioral disorder and from my personal experience there was a ton of warning signs that was something off. Some people just think their child is perfect and your kid is the problem and theirs played zero part in it. And what she said was not nice at all, and it hurts when you hear something like that. But if you do want to talk to doc about it, I would. At the very least, then you get peace of mind that it’s normal for his age. :blush:

Oh please. They’re normal boys… being boys. I think you handled that fine, as did your son. He apologized. I this his friends mom is WAY Overreacting. She sounds like a drama mama

Kids can be little shots at times. If this is first major incident in 5 rs give yourself a pat on back. Main thing is your child showed remorse for his actions. Not give you load of mouth or denied anything. Tell other mother to piss off, bet her boys no angel

When I first heard about Bitcoin, I thought it was impossible. How can you have a purely digital currency? Can’t I just copy your hard drive and have your bitcoins? I didn’t understand how that could be done, and then I looked into it and it was brilliant. I do invest with Mrs Elizabeth James if you want to invest you can kindly clink on the link below to contact my mentor :point_down: :point_down:

Searching for a way to make money online has not been an easy journey for me. With so many trails and errors i went as far as collecting loan for investment but i am so grateful that all my debts has been finally paid off thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James Avoid scammers and trade/mine bitcoins with a genuine account manager with Mrs

Crypto is the greatest investment to be made by anyone. Thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James I saw my payment In my wallet today thank you so much :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Sharing is caring that’s why I taught I should let you know about Mrs Elizabeth James, bitcoin company, I think good work deserves good recommended check out no pressure
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I feel this, but I usually tantrum in private by myself and then go smoke a little dope to calm myself lol.

15 Likes

What helps me is I put on the lights and tinsel, then I let the kids go to town with the rest. It looks hideous until they go to bed and I fix it… everyone’s happy

3 Likes

I feel like this every Christmas. I don’t even get excited for it. Honestly, if I didn’t have kids, I wouldn’t celebrate, I wouldn’t put up a tree, I’d hibernate till the holiday was over. Honestly, they need a better term for this other than the grinch, because at least by the end, the grinch learns to love the holiday again. There is no learning to love this holiday for me.

Wow. Try and take a breath…life is to short…enjoy your family…some people cant…they are gone…

1 Like

Find the source of your anger and try to correct it. I spent many years of my life like this. Got to take deep breaths momma. We set examples for our children :heart:

It’s way too early to be putting up your tree and making it into a big thing will make it worse. Buy them a First Christmas t-shirt and Christmas socks and a commemorative bauble and put up the tree yourself but not so soon as smallbees don’t really understand how time works so will assume Christmas is now. You’ll all up crazy unless you wait til nearer actual Christmas.

I know it sounds silly but focusing on your breathing, breath work, as soon as you start feeling frustrated can help from things escalating so bad. It wouldn’t hurt to try❤️

Just put the tree up on your own. My son is four and this was the first year I had him help, there’s nothing wrong with doing it alone.

Not saying that you can’t get frustrated or upset…but just wondering where on your cycle you are? How old is your baby? Bc whenever I find myself acting like this, I’m guaranteed to be ready to start. And once I know that’s what’s going on, I am fine. I will no longer think my family is the most annoying family to ever exist.

1 Like

I refused to put up a tree this year because f em.

No it not normal behavior. Are you having and anger management issues?

First, you need to determine what actually happened to set you off

For me I put my perfectionist tendencies aside and just try to enjoy. I know I have about 30 min of my son and husbands attention. My son puts ornaments everywhere and I just let it go. My dining room table however is my project and it has to be perfect.

Focus on what you can control and set expectations aside.

(This tantrum is what happens to me at 1am Christmas Eve when i’m done with everyone’s shit)

What all drove you to that? I need to know before I answer.