Just needing to vent

Baby do what’s best for you and your kids. Your mental health is more important than any relationship

2 Likes

May his traveling is not all work, may he has other interesting things on the side.
Pack up you’re things and kids. Be gone when he returns, and hit for child support.

1 Like

He needs to be a little more appreciative and understanding.

Hire a housekeeper and nanny. Give him the bills. Get a full time job outside the home. He will change his tune.

2 Likes

Don’t let your husband’s insensitive remark get into your head as “truth”. You are doing the most important job in the world- raising your kids, being a parent! Your husband’s insensitive remark shows that the job you are performing can also be a very thankless job. You work for no salary, no vacations, no sick time off, no mandatory 15 minute breaks, or lunch breaks. You work 24/7 at this job, except for the 15 hours you spend in a paid job. You are a heroine to your kids. Be proud of it! You deserve it!

8 Likes

You’re a mother, making sacrifices to care for your children. You are the nurturer. You provide in a very important way to those children. I would definitely pray about it. (If you’re open to that) and maybe seek some counseling? Because it sounds like hubby needs some eyes opened.

4 Likes

House cleaners alone can be 160.00 plus per month. As a nanny, I was getting 15 bucks per hour. Add up how much uber rides cost (to and from school, sports and activities) and personal chef costs. Add up YOUR WORK and then give him the list and ask how you don’t contribute…

3 Likes

Maybe it is more about him. Maybe he resents being away from home so much and thinks if you were working more he could be home more.
I would try to have a calm conversation with him about his feelings and stress to him that you would have to hire strangers to watch the kids if you pick up more hours. But be happy to do this if that’s what you both want. Good luck.:hugs:

Everytime I see one of these posts it makes me wonder what kind of husband/father they must be… I couldn’t imagine my partner saying something like that to me… I quit working my 50 hour a week job and went to working about 15-20 hours a week so that I could spend more time taking care of our child and our home… Tell him if he feels that way then he can be the one to stay home and work part time while you go get a full time job. And write him up a list of what needs done everyday at home and with your children and tell him to make sure he gets it all done…

3 Likes

Honestly, then I would say switch places. Do my life exactly day in & out as I do & tell me what I do isn’t a full time job. Stop doing anything for him. Really paint the big picture for him or just tell him okay ill get another job you going to help pay for childcare :woman_shrugging:

Add me. I’ll be your friend when you need someone to talk to. No one should feel like that. You contribute plenty considering you basically put your career on hold for him and his job. Your work as a parent is enough but on top of that you have a part time job. You are doing great!

2 Likes

Give him a bill for childcare, laundry and anything else you do for him. Then u will have money to pay your share.

Why does everyone always suggest a man is cheating and tell the wife to leave? There are good men out there. I suggest asking him what he wants her to do, what is it he wants? Then do her best to do it or explain how much he is saving because she is at home. Since most jobs over the past year were work from home and very little traveling, I’m pretty sure this is either an old question or made up.

1 Like

Jessie Hudgins I agree with you about her husband. I like to see what husband was doing.One weekend follow him then you would know for sure. A real man wouldn’t say that.

1 Like

I’d live it up in the house with the kids, do no housework and leave a day before he comes back. Get a hotel for the night and show up like nothing happened the next evening. Tell him THIS is what doing nothing looks like.

Ask him if basic things are done when he comes home and it’s not like a hurricane came through and destroyed the house

Just change the locks

1 Like

Pack the kids up & leave the asshole