Lately, I have been insecure: Advice?

You asked him a shallow question, and you know he’s honest, so why did you ask if you didn’t want to hear anything but the truth?

My husband has a few exes who are way better looking than I’ll ever be, better bodies, less “luggage”. But here we are, married and happy. He chose me as much as I chose him.

2 Likes

Some questions should just never be asked and that one is on the top of the list

Well you asked the question and got the result why you asking such a thing he was being honest

1 Like

Kinda of an idiot to tell u his exe even if true

2 Likes

Dont ask stupid questions .

5 Likes

You asked and now you have to live with!! Change yourself!! Lose weight!!

3 Likes

You have to love yourself enough that the answer wouldn’t bother you and that you wouldn’t need to ask that question to begin with. U and him should both think you are the best and amazing!

3 Likes

Be careful what you ask. Lol

2 Likes

She had a “better” body maybe but you are the whole, complete package! But no one can make you happy but you. Try a couple of counseling/therapy sessions to help you get there.

Ask him the most attractive personality wise. If he still says her it’s because he fully hasn’t gotten over her or was his first love. With first love the mind sugar coats the perception of the past.

Why are you so worked up over it but it’s you who asked p🤔

Why would you ask a question, if you didn’t want an HONEST answer?

1 Like

Wow a lot of these women are mean… yeah it was a wrong question to ask, but I totally understand your insecurities getting the best of you and it can make you ask dumb things!! And for him to answer that is rude, is that all he said? Or did he say how much he loves you etc? Don’t focus on the rude truth he shared with you, focus on your love and as long as you guys are happy, ignore this silly stuff. Do your best to pick yourself up and make healthy choices, the time is gonna pass anyways so start at small steps and you’ll be happier! Get up and go for walks, skip bread and sugars cuz you don’t need it! And do things to make each other smile, the more you build up your man, he will return it to you and focus on the good. When you get insecure, talk yourself out of it, you are in control of your thoughts

5 Likes

Don’t ask questions if you know you won’t like the answer…

Why the hell would you even ask that? It seems like you’re setting yourself up for the hurt.

1 Like

What an asshole! He should have said you whether or not you are! Again, what an asshole!

You asked. He told. :woman_facepalming: Dont want to kno? Dont ask. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Gees there’s some nasty cruel people on this site :sleepy: shame on you

3 Likes

Wow. There is alot of mean people on here. Have some compassion and common decency for another woman who is struggling. Y’all them MEAN GIRLS

4 Likes

If looks were the thing that mattered most to him, she wouldn’t be his ex. Move on and don’t be angry at him or yourself. The next time you start having those dangerous questions to beat him up with, start clearing yourself a garden. With a pick and shovel. That kind of beating up and uprooting weeds really helps your focus. No kidding, no meanness intended. Try it!

2 Likes

Some people are being really blunt with their answers. A little empathy goes a long way, guys.

I totally understand how you feel. I’m the same way. I’m incredibly insecure, and struggling with self-confidence. My husband treats me like a queen, constantly goes out of his way to comment on how I look (positively!), and has not once made me feel gross, but I still struggle.

Because of that, I will never ask him certain questions. He’s very honest and to the point as well, and from day 1 has made sure I knew, “If you don’t actually want the answer, or can’t handle it, don’t ask” as a way of protecting me, because I did ask something once I didnt actually want to know. Something minor but it hurt at the time. And I listen to that advice.

Sometimes it’s better not to know. I question and am curious all the time about things, like why he chose me when I feel like I’m the complete opposite of what he wants appearance wise (I know why he loves me, but I’ve questioned what attracts him to me a lot), who his best sex has been with, if I have ever met exes or seen them (like through FB) and just not known. But in reality, does any of that matter?

He chose me. Over 4 years ago he made the commitment to be my husband, to chose me over everyone else for the rest of our lives. We welcome our first any day now (I’m 36 weeks but honestly as more time passes I feel less confident they’ll wait til their due date XD). He has chosen me instead of giving up when I make really dumb mistakes, when I push him, when it would be easier to just give up.

I know I’m not the most attractive person (though it’s an odd concept for me, as I’m Demisexual so attraction and sexual desire comes from connection, so to me literally no one is hotter than my husband Haha), but at the end of the day… I share the bed with him, not these hotter people. I have his last name. I was given his heart, not them.

Focus on the deeper, more important things. Appearance will change over time, positively and/or negatively. But love? legitimate love? That should only ever change for the positive.

Love is a choice only you can make. If you choose to love him no matter what and he does the same, you won’t fail.

If he doesn’t make that choice? That’s on him hon and nothing you do can change it.

Trust that he loves you, and don’t worry so much about things like that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

She is an X you are his one and only.

2 Likes

It don’t matter regardless he is with you that is what matters

2 Likes

I agree with Lorena Herrera. And honestly his ex wasnt right for him or else they would still be together.

1 Like

Stupid questions win stupid prizes!

3 Likes

Dont ask if you can’t take honest answers.

3 Likes

Wow idk alot of these women! I’m sure their tune would change if the shoe was on their foot! You asked the question looking for what I assume was some validation to feel good and idiot boyfriend definitely didn’t read between the lines. I sincerely hope he wasn’t going out of his way to be hurtful.I’m sorry. I understand I’d feel less than as well. I’m not really sure how you can unhear or unfeel the hurt he has caused you. I’ve accidentally asked questions that I shouldn’t have I wasn’t thinking or didnt think my husband would actually say anything remotely fucked up. So I get it. I have no idea how to help you but just focus on you start doing something for you to gain confidence maybe distance yourself until you feel ok to deal with it. I know it sounds like punishment to him in a way like he told you the truth so now he must be punished not necessarily like that maybe just self preservation to help get your mind right. I definitely wouldn’t be able to just pretend I didn’t get the emotional shit kicked out of me like some people pretend and I dont think you should either. I’d get a workout routine and do a makeover literally just focus on me not him for at least a good hot while. I really hope you get your confidence back it really is a shitty feeling.

Honey the important thing is he finds you attractive.And he’s with you.

1 Like

I honestly believe if someone truly loves you, in their eyes YOU are the most attractive person to them… I’ve seen my boyfriends exes. To me they are so incredibly beautiful and I don’t know how I am able to live up to that, yet EVERYDAY my boyfriend tells me I’m the most beautiful girl in the world.

Well, like everyone else said, you asked a question when you knew the potential for getting a crushing answer. I liked that someone else recommended you should be single until you don’t need other’s validation to feel good about yourself. That’s great advice, but you’re not going to make life altering choices to better yourself. You know it. I know it. We all know it. So… the next best option is, stop asking the wrong questions and start asking the right ones. “Out of all the girls you’ve been with, who makes you the happiest?”
Now, if he still says someone else’s name, it’s time to go love yourself more than you love him. I also suggest you lose weight, so you can start feeling better. Working out everyday reduces anxiety, increases endorphins and serotonin levels (less depressed), increases testosterone (better sex), and overall makes you more confident and happy. 30 mins of cardio/6 days a week, eliminate starches and cut sugar in half (at least). You’ll lose weight and feel better about everything.

You should never ask a question like that if your not prepared for the honest answer!!
This sounds like you are self sabotaging yourself and this relationship!!
He is with you not her!!!
In addition looks are not everything…being physically attractive dose not equate to being emotionally attractive!!
Stop beating yourself up…be kind to yourself!!

1 Like

You asked the question so you did it to yourself, BUT he also failed girlfriend code 101 lmao. What you are really looking for is validation. Instead of asking loaded questions, just straight out ask him if he still finds you attractive, and voice your concerns. If he’s any kind of good boyfriend, he will love and be attracted to you no matter what, but he will also support you to be whatever you need to in order to feel confident again.

1 Like

He comes home to you every night your the one he happy with looks shouldn’t mean anything looks don’t make a relationship

Why do women set themselves up like this? Never ask a question if you’re not 100% sure you can handle the answer.

3 Likes

You asked for it. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment like that!

1 Like

My husband once asked who was the best u have had and I was honest with him he kinda got pissed. But I knew when he answered he lied to me from conversations he had had with his ex. I used to be happy with myself but then he put me in a spot where I was no longer happy with myself I always felt maybe if I was thinner maybe if I had bigger boobs maybe if I wasnt so self conscious but then I thought about it and decided if I’m going to work on myself and lose weight i was going to do it for myself. Dont let him make u feel like your not good enough. If hes with u and has never given you a reason to feel like hes been unfaithful or has been looking at other girls just blow it off. If u want to change do it for yourself not for him. I’m still working on me and trying to to look at myself and think god I’m gross and it’s going to take time but dont let him change who u are.

LMFAO don’t ask questions if you don’t want an answer :rofl:

If u ask beware of the truth it hurts sometimes but he is with u not her so you have more to give him then she ever did

Why do so many people feel the need to attack this woman by saying she deserves to feel the way she dose for asking the question? Why is this ok? Why dose no one seem to care that if her so actually cared about her feelings and knows she feels deeply, then why do that to her? Frankly as a fellow woman I’m ashamed of the responses this woman has reseaved! You have no idea why she has her insecurities and have no right to tell her she deserved it!

We all want to hear our so say its you. But we all also know that might not be true. But it’s not a question that should be ask.

Why would you even ask that? He chose you and that’s all that matters.