Lately, I have been insecure: Advice?

So lately I’ve been feeling pretty insecure about a lot of stuff. I’ve gained some weight, and some other stuff has been going on. Anyways my boyfriend and I were talking, and we got on the subject of attractiveness, and I asked him who the most attractive woman he’s been with was. He’s a really honest guy, so he’s gonna say the truth no matter what. He told me one of his exes was the most attractive people he’s been with. That really hurt my feelings. I want to feel like I’m number one to him when it comes to everything. I know I’m really sensitive, and I’ve been working hard lately on loving myself and accepting me for me and everything that comes with me. And I mean I know he’s attracted to me also but him saying that just really hurt my feelings and I’m not sure how to take it.

35 Likes

Yea…my husband would have been sent to the couch for a week if he said that to me. I dont care if she was more attractive, you dont say it…hes an idiot, sorry to say.

11 Likes

Is he the most attractive man you’ve been with,?

3 Likes

Just love yourself you know he’s honest. This was a situation of don’t look for what you don’t want to find. Love yourself work out and that just for the body image but understand he’s with you cause he loves you.

Why would you ask such a stupid question if you know he’s going to be 100% honest? You set him up…

22 Likes

Well don’t ask a question you don’t want an honest answer to :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

She may have been objectively the most attractive but he chose you because all of your qualities = something better to him. *Also, You also asked knowing he’s a super honest person sooo you really can’t be too upset.

1 Like

Don’t compare yourself to others its a theif of joy. Looks are only skin deep. Theres so much more to you and what you have to offer then just the way you look.

Men they’re ridiculous. Get out and walk. Do you! You’ll feel so much better just getting outside. Remember there is only one of you and your amazing

1 Like

You are doing that to yourself. Don’t ask those questions when you are a sensitive person and have self esteem issues. Instead of being crying and feeling sorry for yourself, do stuff to make you feel better and more attractive, like going to the gym,or just love yourself as you are and stop comparing yourself to others.

15 Likes

Go for a day and buy a new outfit, get your nails done, etc. You need time for yourself and what ever makes you feel good. We still want to be attractive after children and you shouldn’t put yourself down!

2 Likes

I would ask mr honesty was he trying to make you jealous? That comment was very immature and it show’s he doesn’t realize beauty is more than skin deep. Also for yourself, don’t ask questions you wouldn’t want the answer to… unless you’re really prepared.

1 Like

Do not ever allow anyone to make you feel less attractive… Know you who you are and that’s what matters and if you have gained some weight, than start going to the gym!

You asked a question knowing he is a really honest guy who was gonna answer truthfully. Would you rather he lie to you? Is he the most attractive man you have ever been with? He chose you, loves you, let it go.

3 Likes

Never ask a question you don’t want the answer to!! Took me half my life to learn this lesson!!

1 Like

Dont ask questions you don’t want the actual answer to…

Since you already opened that can of worms… ask why and what you could do

5 Likes

I think if he really loved you he wouldn’t have said that.

2 Likes

I feel if you asked for an honest answer- you have to take the answer even if it’s not what you want to hear… I feel it’s unrealistic to be the #1 person in someone’s life in ALL categories…
I will say attractiveness is not everything. If his exgirlfriend was SO hot great, but there is a reason he is with you and not her!!

4 Likes

Well why would you ask a question you didn’t -really- want the answer to?

2 Likes

You asked the question! You should have been prepared for whatever answer he gave you. Were you just trying to stir the pot. You need to do some soul searching and look within yourself and stop looking to someone else to validate you.

4 Likes

You can’t get mad just because he told you the truth. If you didn’t want to know you should not have asked. There is also way more than physical attractions to a relationship. He chose you so you need to appreciate that! If you feel unattractive you need to do things for you for you to feel better.

1 Like

Do you want honesty or bullshit. I get hurt feelings but do you want him to lie to you?

:speaking_head:Stop asking questions that you don’t want the answers to! Was he the most attractive? Was he the “best” you ever had? See most men won’t ask that question because they are afraid of the answer. :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

U asked him & he told you.

1 Like

You set yourself up for that one. I’m sorry but don’t ask questions like that if you’re not prepared for the answers you’ll get

2 Likes

Why ask? You know he’s attracted to you that’s enough, why ask him stuff that’ll hurt you especially when he’s so brutally honest. Stop that and love yourself

3 Likes

I’d be mad as hell… There is a big difference between being honest and being a dickhead! That was totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

If he thought it was a good idea to say that then he needs his head checked. He should have never said another girl he was with is more attractive that’s ridiculous. Obviously you were insecure and looking for reassurance and he should have given it to you instead of being a pig

2 Likes

Honesty is great and all… there’s also this thing called “common sense”. Lmao! My feelings would be hurt too! Sometimes a little white lie isn’t a bad thing if it’s for the greater good. :wink:

Self confidence is very attractive. Not only the body.
This said…
he is with you.
You have a work to do on yourself, first for you.
Keep your head up lady. Everything going to be ok :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“If he really loved you he wouldn’t have said that”

No. No. No. He told her the TRUTH. Which is literally what she asked for, and what you do when you love someone. Lying to spare someone’s feelings is still a lie.

Op; you asked the question and got your answer. What’s important is he chose you. You need to do some self care and come to terms with your worth again, insecurity can cause serious damage. Better yourself so you can love yourself. You can’t place your worth on someone else’s validation

10 Likes

You asked knowing he’s an honest person. If that’s not the answer you wanted then you probably shouldn’t have asked. But, work on yourself and lose weight if that’s what you feel you need to do for YOU! Good luck either way!

Start exercising and eating healthier of that extra weight is making you insecure. :heart: You have control of your body. Don’t let your body control you!

Is he the most attractive man you’ve dated? Like, honestly?

4 Likes

He should have lied. Knowing you have been sensitive lately. I’m sorry:(

2 Likes

Why would you ask questions not wanting to hear an honest answer? It’s just like there will ALWAYS be women more beautiful than you, whether it’s one of his exes, one of his coworkers, a friend, whatever. But they arent YOU and can never be better at being you (the person he loves) than you are. It doesnt matter if you’re butt ugly. Just saying. Don’t ask questions to set yourself up to feel upset. Dont talk about exes if you’re insecure? Maybe try different approach like “hey babe, can you tell me some positive things that you love about me? I’m feeling really insecure right now and I just need some reassurance”
What you did is toxic and manipulative even if you didnt mean it to be, it is.

4 Likes

Looks aren’t everything! Whenever I feel down, I go out & spoil myself. I get my nails done, light candles/take a hot bath, do my hair, go to the spa, buy new make-up/do my make-up, buy new clothes, etc.

1 Like

You probably shouldn’t have asked that question, why does it matter?

3 Likes

This is the problem with having sex with more than one person in your life… Your always second guessing if your good enough. But I will tell you what, beauty comes from within and age can change physical attractiveness and physical beauty will all fade, Love transcends all things so your body shouldn’t matter to him if he really loves you. Now feeling healthy and happy is one thing but everyone will get wrinkles and grey hair and most of us gain weight!! Remember don’t get yourself wrapped up, you will get an eating disorder!

You’re asking the wrong questions.
So she was the most physically attractive, but he’s not with her now…
Try asking why he loves you.
Stop comparing yourself.

2 Likes

Sounds like a douche.

But there are so many better things to be than “attractive”

2 Likes

You should’ve of asked but he should’ve said you i mean come on lmao men are clueless

1 Like

Don’t ask questions if you’re not prepared for answers

4 Likes

He was honest with you, that what you asked for… Don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the honest answer to… Can you honestly say he is the most attractive person you’ve ever been with?

1 Like

If your not ready for an honest answer,dont ask question. The truth hurts sometimes. Try not to feel insecure.

1 Like

He didn’t have to be THAT honest :rofl: but seriously he’s with you not her sooo I wouldn’t worry about it. I know I’m not the most attractive girl my fiance has been with but he loves me for who I am like I’m sure your boyfriend loves you.

2 Likes

He’s with you isn’t he? An he’s honest🤷🏼‍♀️

You asked!!! That was part of the problem with me and my ex. We were TOO honest about things and it put alot of distance between us because we both knew too much about past relationships. :frowning:

1 Like

Lol to everyone saying he should have lied . It’s good that he’s being honest . Would you rather him lie to you ??? Sounds like you need to work on yourself . You might not be the most attractive he has dated but he’s with you for a reason . Looks aren’t everything and if that makes you insecure there’s probably some deeper issues you need to work on.

2 Likes

Don’t ask questions you know you won’t like the answer to

5 Likes

Y’all must be young. That was. Dumb question to ask, and he’s dumb for answering the way he did. Let it go.

2 Likes

So he should have lied to you? You asked him truthfully and he told you, even if you are feeling insecure, work on yourself to feel better, and do it for you, it really doesn’t matter who he thinks the best looking one was, your his life now and that’s all that matters really

2 Likes

I always say “his ex stood beside him in a prom dress, but I got to marry him in a wedding dress”. People are going to be more attractive than you, physically, but the thing is, you cant build a marriage off looks, intellectual attraction is much much more important. Hun, your gonna gain weight, lose weight, get wrinkles, look run down, look put together, and he’s still gonna be there for ALL of that, theres a reason. Don’t get all down about it. :purple_heart: Just keep remembering, the more you show yourself love, the more he will love you.

13 Likes

Physical appearance is not the only attraction to someone. Don’t beat yourself up. Make time for yourself in areas that you feel could use improvement. In the end it all comes down to who you are as a person that makes you beautiful. Also you can’t beat yourself up for receiving an honest answer.

I agree :100: with you’re asking the wrong questions, don’t lead yourself into a pitty party. If you know deep down he’s “honest” (an asshole lol)… why ask him that. Anyway, tell him you feel insecure and need him to help build you up while you go through the rollercoaster of loving yourself and getting on the right track. He should be your partner, motivator, self esteem builder …etc.

Don’t ask questions that you really don’t want the answer too …beauty is only skin deep …ect ect …insecurity is something inside you like low self-esteem losing weight might help but having more confident in yourself will help even more

1 Like

It’s wrong when men lie, and it’s wrong when they are being honest?
She’s pretty dumb if she thinks she is his #1 at everything. EVERY man know/ have seen women more attractive than their girlfriends. Get real folks. Those men who say otherwise are lying.

2 Likes

If you knew he’s an honest guy and you ask a question then that’s your fault but, I would ask what makes him attracted to you? What does he like about you, common interest and where he hopes the relationship goes.

1 Like

Being #1 in his life and being the most attractive girl he’s ever met are not the same. Keep in mind that what you’re asking him is a superficial question with a superficial answer.

You don’t care about the superficial though. Like you said, he does find you attractive, and more than that, YOU are the one who’s winning. You’re currently dating him, hopefully marrying him someday. She had her chance and it didn’t work out. That puts you ahead of her.

My wife knows it’s the same way with me. The most attractive girl I’ve ever met is in my past, and I never even dated her. But I married my wife, who I’ve been with for over 6 years and married for over 1. We have a daughter. We have our own place. No one, no matter how easy on the eyes, competes with my wifey.

3 Likes

has is past tense, you are together now, theres a difference

Well I mean, that was a stupid question to ask lol.

8 Likes

Don’t ask questions you don’t wanna know the answer to.

7 Likes

So let me understand this… You know you’ve been down and insecure. So you in turn asked a question that was literally setting yourself up for failure? So by trying love love and accept yourself you asked a question you didn’t even want the answer to?
Girl, do NOT ever ask questions you don’t want the answer to.
Also, when you asked this question he may have been racking his brain going through all his exes and didn’t even consider you being part of the equation because what girl asks that question to her man and sets him up to get in trouble? I think he was just being a guy and didn’t even consider you as part of it. But why would you, yourself put yourself in a line up with exes?
You’re with him now. He’s not with any of them…

4 Likes

Why would you ask him that? You set yourself up to be hurt if you didn’t hear what you wanted to hear. You want him to lie. Did you think you were the prettiest.where were you going with a question like that. I asking you this because you are being mean to yourself by asking . The man I’m with is not the best looking, but he treats me better than my own mother does. That’s what counts. Your a special person or he wouldn’t be with you. Self Love Baby! That’s all you need right now. :two_hearts:

1 Like

You kinda set yourself up for disappointment asking silly questions like that. There will always be someone prettier but a loving relationship is not about that. He is obviously with you because to him you are his beautiful . He sees in you what you dont . Something he didn’t have with any of his other exes no matter how much prettier. You need to find happiness and contentment within yourself first . I’ve been with guys way hotter than my current but boy there is no comparing them to what I have now. To me he is the cutest ,sweetest and sexiest man I’ve ever had the pleasure to have. I can get hit on over n over again by lots of cute guys and my heart is always set on him. Im sorry but that was quite silly of you to ask when you already dont have much confidence in yourself. Confidence is what makes you beautiful to him.

1 Like

I have always said don’t ask the question you don’t want to hear the answer to

4 Likes

Love yourself enough that these things don’t matter

1 Like

He’s with you though obviously you have your own qualities, looks aren’t everything in this world. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

That’s what you get for asking

I know it’s hard to hear that I personally don’t ask questions if I know I can’t handle the answer if it’s not what I want to hear. If you’re feeling insecure about yourself not feeling attractive start to make some changes. We women tend to forget about ourselves while raising a family and life just gets in the way. Get all dressed up and go out with your friends go shopping do something you enjoy for yourself. Looks aren’t everything just be confident! & He chose to be with you so don’t feel bad about yourself

2 Likes

If you don’t think you will like the answer, don’t ask the question.

Don’t ask questions you don’t want the answer to…

3 Likes

Don’t ask a question if you don’t want to hear the answer lol

1 Like

I’m sorry you did not get the answer you wanted. Don’t listen to everyone saying you set yourself up for disappointment. You were feeling down and wanted some affirmation of love; there is nothing wrong with that. We have all done it. Next time instead of asking questions like that, ask “what is your favorite thing about me?” Or “what about me turns you on?”

Ask questions that are solely directed towards you. It’s hard to love yourself when you feel down. Everyday find one thing about yourself that you like and say it to yourself in the mirror. You will slowly start to realize that you do love yourself and you’re an awesome person!

7 Likes

Sooooo you wanted him to lie and say you? I would prefer honesty. You asked him and he answered but guess what she’s and ex and your not so that says something your winning anyway

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve made the mistake of asking these kind of stupid questions. Best not to ask them.

Why would you ask that question knowing how sensitive you are. He’s obviously with you and not her, so not sure what the big deal is. There will always be people prettier than you.

1 Like

Lmao why you asking a question that you know your gonna get pissed off… Lmao. Thats my question. Id never ask my man that question and i would never wanna be asked that by him. Haha.

2 Likes

Don’t ask the question if you don’t have the self-confidence to hear the answer.
Actually, kudos to your man for having the confidence to answer honestly, and the trust he has in you to feel that he can.
Don’t ever forget that you’re your own brand of beautiful and unique person, and own it!

1 Like

A: You asked…
B: He’s kind of a dick.

That is all.

3 Likes

Sounds more like a conversation between friends instead of lovers…

Don’t ask questions you don’t really want the answers to.

2 Likes

This is going to sound harsh but you shouldn’t ask questions if you aren’t prepared to get an honest answer. Its best not to ask questions like that.

3 Likes

Honestly, he sounds like a douche, very superficial

Lool these people have clearly never had anxiety. Dont listen to them, I’d talk to him, he doesn’t have to lie to you, or apologize but hes who your supposed to tell your insecurities too, your supposed to lean on him when your finding it hard to stand, he needs to know your feeling torn down to help build you back up.
Its okay it want to be all of it for him, it’s a perfectly normal feeling. Definitely though do not make this effect how you feel about yourself. In your opinion hes the greatest man and probably most attractive, but if you stripped the affection away, youd probably find he looks different to you. Men are just basically mammals.

Sorry he said that hun if he feels that way.
go with somebody who finds attractive an loves you for you.

that’s really screwed up I never heard of a man saying that one of his exes was his best looking I would have dropped him like a hot potato

4 Likes

That’s rough. I think the best thing we can remind ourselves, especially when it comes to significant others is to remember that your S/O chose YOU. Your man didn’t chose to be with the so called “prettier” girl. He chose you. Because you’re beautiful to him. Don’t let your insecurities ruin something that I’m sure is beautiful. At the end of the day, there is always going to be someone prettier, wealthier, better job, car, house, etc. Dont compare yourself to other people. You are unique and perfect the way you are and that’s what he sees in you. Also, If you’re unhappy about you, fix you. But keep in mind that if you cant take the answers, don’t ask questions like that.

1 Like

Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to.

9 Likes

Please tell me a teenager wrote this post and not a grown woman…

9 Likes

Honey don’t ask those questions it’s just a way to hurt yourself. If you’re unhappy do something about it not for him but for you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Where do they find these FUCKING losers!?:clown_face:

If you didn’t want to know…you never should have asked

3 Likes

Theres nothing less attractive than a needy chick.
Dont look to anybody for validation! Work on you!

7 Likes

Dont ask stupid questions then. You knew he’d be honest. Why do that to yourself?

5 Likes

Dont ask if you don’t want to know. I had an ex that was honest like that. It was actually refreshing. But I was never stupid enough to ask him something like that.

2 Likes

BUT he left them and is with you!

1 Like

Please break things off with your boyfriend, not necessarily because of what he said, but purely because you need to be single and learn how to love yourself and not depend on others for validation. Find yourself, get to know yourself, love yourself, it’s the most important relationship you will ever build in your life.

4 Likes

yes fr girl idk why you did that to yourself but if he asks you i would answer with someone that would hurt his feelings lmao like okay i think your best friends more attractive than you :woman_shrugging:t3:

Umm well why you ask? Would you feel better if he lied?