Looking for a water bottle that doesn't mold

I’m desperate. looking for a water bottle for my 5 year old that doesn’t mold.

14 Likes

If your having that much mold. I’d investigate your water source. Can you check your facet? Could the sprayer or actual facet itself be moldy and introducing mold into her cup that’s growing quickly? I live in Florida. It’s warm and humid. I can leave water and juice in a water bottle for days and it not mold here. My guess is your water source itself could be an issue.

6 Likes

In the straw? I’ve had it happen in the straws. It’s hard to get all the moisture out. We avoid those now and haven’t had any issues.

Wash and leave the lid off/open between use.
Most of them have seals that can be removed for deep cleaning.

16 Likes

I have never had a water bottle go moldy. Just make sure to wash it every couple of days at least

37 Likes

All water bottles are good if you wash between use

18 Likes

I’ve never had one go moldy & my five year old leaves hers in my car for days on end​:woman_facepalming:t3: I buy the cheaper ones with the straws & make sure to soak with good & run a straw cleaner thru it. Take out rubber seals and clean those… my daughter changes water bottles to make occasions & holidays :joy: sooo she’s not continuously using the same one every day.

3 Likes

Just stop grabbing water bottles with the space in between. Yes after prolonged use cheap tumblers start getting water in the middle of the cup and it’s hard to get out. At that point just toss and buy new. They have them at 5 below all different kinda shapes and sizes

1 Like

I use the dish washer (even though they say not to) and leave the lids off them.

1 Like

They will ALL mold if you don’t clean them properly…

4 Likes

i think washing it will do the trick

1 Like

I use a bottle brush for the bottle and a vegetable scrubber for the top mouth piece…it get so dirty just sitting …hot soapy water and a good rinse …if youve cloudy water get it checked obviously. Any juice etc left at the end of the day gets dumped out, good scrub and airdry for the next day…

You really just need to wash it daily. Weekly take out the seals and scrub it. Let it air out every day and actually dry.

1 Like

I have an Iron Flask that I got from Amazon. They come in all sizes and colors. Just watch b/c not all of them fit in a traditional cup holder. I only put water in mine and only wash it like every other week b/c I have stickers on it. I’ve never had a problem with mold.

1 Like

Won’t mold if you wash them regularly!!

Our bottles only go moldy when my kids use anything other than water in them, then let them sit for a while. If your kid is having juice or milk in the bottles, they need to be rinsed/washed daily.

1 Like

If you wash/dry it properly, it won’t mold…

2 Likes

I’d imagine most of them don’t go moldy unless left dirty for awhile.

1 Like

I never had one go moldy and I’ve had dozens and dozens. You just need to clean them properly and let them dry properly. Take them apart to dry.

1 Like

Go moldy? Are you cleaning everyday? We use yeti and never had a problem

2 Likes

Water bottles dont mold? Unless you never wash it, you cant just keep refiling it, you realize you also have to wash it right?

10 Likes

If it’s just water in the water bottle it shouldn’t mold. But if it’s juice milk etc it will mold. There’s no way around it if juice or milk etc is left in the water bottle and isn’t found within a few days it’s going to mold. You have to wash them every single day if it’s not water. We’ve gone thru tons of water bottles and I’ve come to conclusion of what I said from experience so

5 Likes

Hydroflask, Stanley kids cups, anything made out of steal. Make sure you dry them completely

Maybe try washing your water bottles…

I love my water bottles & still use them daily & rinsed them every night. However, mine have straws. I got really sick & couldn’t shake what was wrong with me. I was rinsing one of my water bottles & happened to look at the straw, that I slso rinse daily, & saw a black spot on the inside of the straw. Mold! Now I don’t just rinse my bottle & staw, I wash them. There are straw brushes in nearly all stores. I got better after I started washing my bottles & straws about every month at the least.

You have to wash it everyday and air dry and it won’t…Lol

Try washing it and letting it dry

Yall children backwash. That’s why there’s mold. Good grief :pensive:

Stainless steel and wash it daily.

Have your water tested. Otherwise wash it daily as still water is a breeding ground for bacteria

If you clean them properly, none of them will.

Wash it everyday … my kids drink bottles have gone mouldy

Wash your kids damn bottles🙄