Most of my family isn't showing to my sons party

A lot of.peole don’t rsvp anymore and just show up at the party, family especially. Most just assume you know they will be there. It makes it really hard to plan when your expecting 20 that rsvpd and 50 end up showing up, or you make enough for 50 people you invited and only 20 show up. If most of your party invitees are on fb maybe create a group message or party event reminder and just let everyone know your trying to plan accordingly and need a head count of those that wil be attending. Some may have just forgotten to rsvp. Happy 1st Birthday to your little guy!!!

1 Like

I’m sorry your feelings are hurt. It isn’t fair. But enjoy the people who do come to the party. Take lots of pictures and have a great day. Your little guy will have as much fun as if. There were 100 people there. And I’ll bet he gets tired out way before the festivities are done. It will be a day to remember if you make it that way. The others are missing out!

I take my kids camping or I took my son to a water park my daughter will be 16 and I got her a limo to ride in and then to a pavilion for cake and pizza.

Sadly I figured it out people don’t come bc it’s inconvenient they dont want to take the time out of their busy day. But at the same time expect people to come. Never figured the answer besides to stop inviting people

Don’t be,sad momma have a,smaller party with just less,people. Families,can be unkind. Don’t take it,personally., Their,loss

1 Like

Have a blast smashing his first cake and I agree RSVP is lost art and I would imagine more will show and if not party like they did and maybe more will show up for future events

1 Like

Can you do a reminder? Most people forget about parties when you send the invitations that long ago they probably just forgot.

1 Like

Get used to it because things won’t really change much in the future either. Sorry

1 Like

We quit doing birthday parties for this reason, now for their birthdays they get to choose where we take them for dinner and what fun thing they wanna go do, then go pick out whatever gift they want from the store, so the day is all about them. They get that ‘center of attention’ feeling all day and no more disappointment that nobody came

2 Likes

Celebrate with those who choose to be present. I know it hurts, but this is just an example of what it’ll be like for yrs to come. Build your own village and be thankful for those who show up to be a part of it

2 Likes

I have been there I stop going to everyone else Birthday parties the ones that don’t come to mine

Sometimes this happens and the parents are always more hurt by it then the kids. I’m sure more then 7 will show but even if not don’t focus on who didn’t show, focus on who did come and having a magical first birthday party for your baby that you will remember forever :green_heart: I’m sorry mama I know it hurts right now.

Just have fun with the people who actually come…

1 Like

I always just do small parties yes I do Facebook invites since all my family n friends use it but ik most ppl don’t come n that’s fine some of them have to work but is still do it just incase they do come

Don’t worry they aren’t important…

My family would go to my one sons stuff but not the other. I finally cut them all off. Best life now without them in our lives. Kids can see and feel they are not wanted. Growing up knowing that, kills them inside. He is 14 now, we have our own made family who we do everything with. Blood isn’t always family !

2 Likes

Chances are good that out of the 50 you invited and the 7 who confirmed, there will be others who show up day of after not having responded. Also, check your guest list. Is it possible that you invited family members who don’t get along? Maybe one of those “if she/he is going, then I’m not going” sort of situations? Sometimes, people make it all about them, when it should be about something else entirely. Just enjoy the day and celebrate your baby’s milestone.

We don’t do parties. We go have our own fun and people have to beg to join us. :smiley:

2 Likes

Many will show up on the day of the party
I don’t know why people are bad at RSVPing but they’ll come and y’all will have a blast

I bet more people will show up. Just plan small and party harder.

It’s okay Momma celebrate with those that are able to make it. A small nice initmate party is just as AMAZING.

Make sure from now on you give that same energy back to those who didn’t show for you!

1 Like

You’ll probably be surprised at how many will actually come. Try not to stress it :heart: make his birthday day, sweet and full of love. Saturday is just a bonus.

3 Likes

We never RSVP. We tried that one year and something came up (daughter got sick) and all we kept hearing was, “but you RSVPd”… so, now to avoid that, we just don’t. You will find that people will show up without letting you know. You sent the invites, just make sure you have enough for those invites :hugs:

2 Likes

Because people are asshats. One time I had my daughter a party her like 8th birthday. No one showed up. Broke my heart. Never have I had a party for her again. Now we just do something special.

Oh baby, your about to find out that most of the time it’s just going to be those 7 ppl who show up for you. It’s okay! Your baby will not know and will still have a great time in his big day. As he gets older, friends will be invited and all will be well. Besides, food and cake for 50+ ppl is pretty pricey. Just look at it as they saved you some money and effort in the future when they want you to show up for them.

1 Like

Big parties are so overrated. You spend so much money to feed other people. Smaller is better!

6 Likes

Enjoy the party with your little one, regardless of who shows up. You are celebrating a milestone in your child’s life, and he will be happy to have the attention and laughter from whoever attends. Happy Birthday to your little fellow!!!

2 Likes

I completely understand. I spent years inviting my family to parties for my kids and no acknowledgment. My kids never got invited to their cousins parties either so I gave up and said to hell with it

Check with ones that you can. Say you’re trying to get a head count for food. Sometimes people are just bad at responding but still plan on going. Also they may not realize it’s coming up. Give them a reminder. But regardless of who I’d there he will still have a special day with the ones who matter :two_hearts:

2 Likes

You see they will probably just turn up on the day xx

People are worried about covid still please don’t take it so personal.

3 Likes

Honestly it’s the same with me and my family. That’s why we do things on our own because he doesn’t deserve to feel hurt if so and so doesn’t show up for some lame excuse. Whomever doesn’t show up doesn’t deserve him in their life, they are missing out not him!!! It gets easier over time. Sending my love :two_hearts: Happy bday to your little man :tada:

2 Likes

I get what your saying but he isn’t gonna remember who was or wasn’t at his party. I would address it with your family and tell them it hurt that they didn’t want to come. If they don’t care then cut them out. There is no point in keeping people in your or your child’s life if they can’t make the effort to be there. It’s not worth your tears or stress sweetie. Just enjoy your son and his birthday and screw everyone else. Life’s to short and our kids are only little for so long.

3 Likes

Honestly better to find out now who u give ur energy to and allow them to be part of your world…

Well now you know. Just take awesome pics of the baby

1 Like

It’s just his first birthday. We didn’t have parties for our kids until they were older. On first birthdays we’d just have a few close family.

3 Likes

If mailed invites, some might not have gotten them. That happened with a wedding invite. I didn’t know until I got a call asking if I was going, never got the invitation.

Don’t put that energy into them. If they can’t show up for you stop showing up for them

3 Likes

Same prob with my wedding none of my family showed up but also said they’d be there

You might be surprised at how many people DON’T RSVP anymore unless they HAVE TO because too much can come up between when they would have RSVP’d and the date itself and if that family is also dealing with disabilities and health issues, they definitely will not because it is not even a day by day case half of the time, but a moment by moment thing. My mom has bowel issues and my kids and I are all autistic, so I NEVER give anything above a maybe when it comes to events because there is just too high of a likelihood of a literal last minute change and I mean like about to walk out the door last minute change in plans: one of the kids are that easily overstimulated that day or my mom suddenly not able to leave the toilet or things like that at the literal last minute can throw a wrench into everything.
I would call around if there is a concern about food or party favors and get a list of coming, but never RSVP’d, a list of might come, just depends on how things go and a list of not coming.

2 Likes

Yeh I invited like 5 people. 2 showed up, my brother was supposed to be on zoom… he decided he’d grocery shop and chat with other people while we were singing and opening presents so I hung up on him. My kids bday, it’s her moment, I don’t understand why people can’t give others the limelight for 10 damn mins. He will only get pics this year and it’s just me and my mom and best friend :expressionless: the people that matter

Just take lots of pictures the people.who show are the people who care :heart: I have two boys and I’m so used to everyone not coming smh

I get it. I had a party for my son when he turned 4 nobody came except my friends. And my parents. Then my daughter’s first bday nobody came except my parents. I felt bad but sometimes just doing your own thing with your kids is best

1 Like

People showed up and showed out for my oldest’s first birthday. Her second birthday a little less. And after that no one showed up to anything. So I stopped having parties. Why invite people when they aren’t going to come anyways? We do dinner, cake, and ice cream with the immediate family. That’s it.

3 Likes

As long as he has you .he will be fine :slightly_smiling_face: good luck

4 Likes

Why invite 50 people to a baby’s party? I kept my kids parties to close family until they were in school and had friends

1 Like

I’m thick skinned. Having this happen to me before IDGAF. Their loss and more food for everyone else. I dont want anyone there out of obligation or so they can use it against me later.

3 Likes

First I like to say,
Happy birthday to your child :birthday::balloon::gift::tada::confetti_ball:
Second, family are like underwear they change everyday!
:birthday::balloon::gift::confetti_ball::tada::birthday::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Truthfully i feel it’s more fun to go out and do your own thing as a little family. I feel overwhelmed making birthday parties for this reason or if many show up trying to please everyone for MY child’s birthday so they won’t be bored at a kids party. This year and so fourth we decided to go to the aquarium and just invited my immediate family if they wanted to join, they seemed siked too and i can just focus on my kids. I don’t feel anxious buying all the stuff for parties and organizing around my work schedule and everyone elses anymore. Just tickets to where they desire or a place i feel that my kids will be astounded with and a good meal afterwards. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

One thing I learned very quickly is that celebrations should be centered around your child completely. I don’t send out invites or spend tons of money on food and decorations anymore. I decorate for my child, I spend that money I would have spent entertaining people on doing fun stuff and making the whole day about my child. Favorite restaurant, shopping spree, going places they love. I don’t spend money or time worrying about who shows you for my kids because I show up and show out. Just let him know he’s so loved by the people who matter most.

4 Likes

Hii I just celebrated my sons 2nd birthday, that yet again no one showed up for except for my mom and brother and his little family. And two of my friends, one of which is childless and the other has a small baby. People who even RSVPd didn’t show… all the friends who had parties that I showed for just weeks prior didn’t show. That all being said, we had a GREAT time!! Eventually I forgot all about those who didn’t come.

It sounds like you’re still going to have a wonderful turnout :gift_heart: child’s parties can be a lot. As upset as I was at the start of the party that no one showed, I was just as much grateful for those who DID and the small cleanup required after lol.

Sweetie- don’t let it bother you- like you said he’s just 1. Life happens and others prioritize things different than you. Maybe you should do the same kiddo. I’m sure it’ll be a great day - shake it off- you are a great Momma - as long as your family is part of his life - it’ll all work out. Besides with prices today - they may be embarrassed they can’t afford a good present.:heart::v:t4:

1 Like

I understand. I had the same thing happen. I am so sorry you also are going through this.

Maybe because you sent them out so early they put the invitation aside thinking they had plenty of time to respond and forgot?

3 Likes

I see more than $ 110 an hour working from home. I never thought I could do that, but my best friend made over $ 14103 a month and convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities are endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollargarage27.surge.sh

If it makes you feel better I don’t even do 1st birthday parties :joy: just get a little cake for us that’s it! Don’t stress he won’t care at all

3 Likes

it will be fabulous!!! Trust me. Those who will be present in his life show…those that don’t may not be as present in his life. cherish the day!

3 Likes

I’ve gone through that I’m 61 …it broke my heart after that I only had people that showed up they were my true family…center on your child , besides he should have limited number of guest …however later down the road if you invite kids from class invite all kids! Love and hugs from Indiana

1 Like

No matter who shows up or doesn’t show up, this is a special time for your little one, make it fun, that’s what you’ll remember, because they don’t remember their first birthday! Sometimes small is better! We just celebrated my granddaughter’s first birthday and she was so over whelmed by the people there, she just wasn’t herself. So have fun and enjoy this special day!

3 Likes

I see more than $ 110 an hour working from home. I never thought I could do that, but my best friend made over $ 18105 a month and convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities are endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollargarage67.surge.sh

I learned a long time ago that I can not expect me out of everyone else. They don’t have my heart. Yeh it still hurts, but they just arent you

I see more than $ 110 an hour working from home. I never thought I could do that, but my best friend made over $ 17945 a month and convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities are endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollargarage88.surge.sh

No one ever comes to my kids parties I realized that after my first borns 2nd birthday so I stopped throwing them and we go out and have a day for us she’s now 5 and I’ll ask her if there’s anything she would like to do it’s always a trampoline park but I’ll switch it up we do an indoor activity then dinner and cake with her little sisters and my mother and 1 or 2 cousins she enjoys herself more that way than going out and spending money on decorations she could care less and I was always the 1 going to all events I stopped that too

2 Likes

I stopped parties a long time ago, no one ever showed up… we now let birthday person pick what they wanna do and spend the day out as a family

3 Likes

First birthdays are more about the parents than the child. Babies don’t remember them. Having big parties for very young children is a relatively new thing.

Several possibilities: 1) They don’t see the point of a party for a baby; 2) Spring break vacations; 3) Do they have conflicts with you? 4) They have a lot of commitments this time of year with kids’ sports, etc.; 5) They’re concerned about COVID.

And many more…

No need to feel badly for your son. This day has no meaning to him. But since YOU feel hurt for yourself (the real issue), you might want to ask why people aren’t coming.

1 Like

I see more than $ 110 an hour working from home. I never thought I could do that, but my best friend made over $ 18966 a month and convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities are endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollargarage109.surge.sh

Not you but your family needs to learn about respect and understanding

I see more than $ 110 an hour working from home. I never thought I could do that, but my best friend made over $ 17829 a month and convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities are endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollargarage127.surge.sh

1 Like

I’m so sorry!!! For sure he won’t remember and I know you’ve put a lot in to it… so for sure just have a good time with who goes. People don’t say they are coming to our parties they just show up… lol I hope y’all have a good time… no matter what! Take lots of pics and videos

I don’t even throw big parties anymore for my kids. After spending so much money on parties and stuff for no one too show up I just started letting my kids pick where they wanted too go for the day and make that day about them.

2 Likes

A month is a very early invite. Maybe give a reminder. I bet some just forgot!

Grow up girl. As you say he won’t remember. Yu do the party, Have a great time, and send the all the pictures! Life goes on. You are a great mother.

We’re they supposed to RSVP, I think you will have a big crowd. I have a big family and we went to parties like that all the time. I don’t think they need to let you know they are coming. Just have it and they will come!

You don’t need family and friends to make the best of your son’s bday party…

Get on the phone with quick reminders to your family members of when the party begins and tell them how much you are looking forward to seeing them. Maybe some have forgotten. Send them some photos after the party showing everyone how much fun they missed or enjoyed since they came. Be sure to send thank you notes to those who came so they know how much you appreciated their company. It’s the first year so it takes time to build traditions. Don’t make it about the gifts but about spending time together with special family and friends. Enjoy !!!

1 Like

He’s 1 he’s not gonna remember who came and who didn’t let alone the party grow up rather than crying like a bitch

Wait, how does a one year old get his feelings hurt that that many people aren’t showing up? I doubt he understands what is even going on.

It hurts but , I have learned that the best parties are smaller. Just know for next time , just invite the people that show up .

We sent out 2 weeks so they don’t forget! Yet mine don’t come either but who cares! Kids just care about the parents!

My in laws have shown up to 1 of my now 12 year old birthdays and none of my 7 year olds birthdays but my parents never missed one (even when my mom was super sick) and my brothers go to most of them my kids know which family members really love them and which ones don’t and it’s not from me telling them it’s from them watching who shows up. Love the ones that show forgot the ones that don’t they are not worth your time

One of the things that I don’t like is the old term it’s just the one year old’s birthday this is just for the parents the baby’s not going to remember it, you are correct it is about the parents it’s about the parents celebrating the first year of their child’s life it’s about their parents celebrating their baby now becoming they’re not baby anymore, if they are having a party for something that means a lot to them and you mean a lot to them if you’re invited, it doesn’t matter if the child remembers it…exactly what was said is true you’re going there to show your love and support mostly to the parents who have went and shown love and support to you as well through all of yours.

One of the hard things that come with parenting is finding out who is there for you as much as you have been there for them and most of that will be with your family. I’m so sorry that this is happening to you it does happen to both of us but it never gets easier when people try to say and it’s just a baby’s party and they won’t remember… no I already know that and I invited you to come celebrate my happiness and my pure bliss with me :heart: