My 10-month-old curls her toes when she walks: Advice?

My daughter is a little over ten months old and already walking! However, she curls her toes (she has since she was born.), so when she’s walking, she is curling them and sometimes getting rug burn from our carpet on her toes! Any advice to get her not to curl them? Or tips on how to help her?

5 Likes

Put shoes on her…? :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Try crib shoes or slippers or even socks with grips in the bottom

I believe you need professional help. Because the toes need to straighten out. Can they straighten out, maby there is a medical problem.

2 Likes

My sons all did it too all early walkers. I bought these for them to walk in they seem to protect little toes and also offer some ankle support.

4 Likes

Shoes with hard soles

1 Like

A sandal with a hard sole for in the house.

1 Like

My daughter is also 10 months isn’t walking yet, but showing signs and she has curled her toes since birth they won’t uncurl

Shoes. My son used to curl his toes too…i believe he was trying to make grip or something.

Definitely put shoes on her…

1 Like

Buy her a good pair of shoes that make her feet lay flat!

1 Like

I don’t want to alarm you but my daughter has and autoimmune disease that is called CMT. You might ask her doctor about it

1 Like

Shoes are made for children learning to walk. Years ago, Buster Brown, was a famous label for new walkers. Solid sole and above ankle high. Shoelaces.

Put hard shoes on her

Put shoes on when you get her dressed in the morning

My friend had to get braces for her sons feet/legs when he did this

Could be toe walking?

I looked it up on Google…but i ask the doctor …they said it’s like a sign of gripping…

I am so happy to share this wonderful testimony thank you Dr Nirsal for the help you redeem to me I will be forever grateful now my ex lover is back to me and everything’s alright if you are passing through relationship or marriage problem email Dr Nirsal via doctornirsal@gmail. com reach him on whatsapp or call +2349026948490 Dr Nirsal love spell will help you in your relationship or marriage

Id get it checked out. When babies learn to walk they need their toes for balance. If she is walking at 10 months thats early and she clearly has good balance. There is a reason she is curling her toes. Might be worth finding out why before shoes or flexong or pushing anything. If she has shoes on you wont see if she is curling her toes still

My daughter was also walking by 10months. You have to get them shoes. She didn’t curl her toes, but she would walk on her toes. Her pediatrician said that would help and it did. She is 10 years now and no problems.

1 Like

Massage her little toes. Flex them. Some soft little shoes for 15 minutes 7 or 8 times a day. I have been in early childhood for 35 years. Don t worry. She’ll out grow it.:footprints:

Put shoes on her,she may walk around on her tippetoes, but she will outgrow that,also exercise her toes and stretch her toes straight out,my sister curled her toes when she was little,so my mom put shoes on her and she walked on her yippie toes for a while and my mom stretched and flexed her toes out straight and as she got older she stopped curling her toes up and she stopped walking on her yippie toes, when she gets about 9 years old and she still does this take her to her doctor and ask for help

Probably flex them for her too; not forcefully; more like help her excercise her legs as to stretch her leg/calf muscles so her foot/tendons can strengthen. Also bring more milk/dairy intake at this stage

I push my baby down a bit to flatten her feet. Walking on toes runs in my boyfriends family so his aunt warned me about it & to correct her feet when she practices walking

Honestly there’s no right answer. I consulted my dr and faught for years thinking something was wrong. Ended up being muscle damage she was born with. Follow your instincts. You got this

I am sure if you flex them and help her straighten them out carefully and gently and have her wear socks and shoes, she will outgrow this soon!

She is probably using her toes for balance. Once she is more stable & confident her toes will uncurl. I do the same with my toes now cause am having problem with with balance due to neuropathy :cherry_blossom:

My son did this and grew out of it. Try to get her to be aware of it and flex her toes.

I did the same thing. Grew out of it fairly quickly

Most baby shoes are junk,not designed to support baby walking.Hopefully you can find some good ones for her.

Sometimes this can be a sign of a form of muscular dystrophy, watch the hands as well. It runs in my hubbys family.

1 Like

Usually they stop quickly but shoes might help

Yeah time for some structured socks or shoes of some kind will help

Shoes. Preferably stride rite (target has surprize by stride rite if cost is an issue).

Gripper socks or robeez shoes. Something soft soled

Just put some shoes on her. It’ll help her get used to walking without curling

My daughter walked at 9 months and curled her toes for a few weeks. I could not buy her shoes at that age as she had tiny feet with very high arches. She became a professional dancer, so I wouldn’t worry unless she is still doing it after her first birthday.

1 Like

My youngest did this and he has both sensory issues and he needs physical therapy. I was the same way and my mom was just told to put shoes on me and now I have ankle issues as well as a hard time walking correctly.

It’s a sensory thing!! Sort of like when the bottom of your feet itching. Her feet are experiencing new sensations and textures. It’s just a way their feet help them learn about things around them.

Majority of baby’s do it,it’s a natural thing, all my children did it, but grew out of it eventually, it’s just a learning curve for them.

My daughter will be 18 months 27th she did this but when we both held each hand and walked with her in the middle of us she stop doing it

I 2nd baby socks! I did this as a kiddo
Actually one time i curled my toes and feel face 1st into the coffee table :grimacing:

Shoes good shoes not Walmart cheap stuff my daughter did this we got stride wright I think was name. And over time she learned to flatten her toes

2 Likes

I would talk to her pediatrician she may need pt for a short period of time. Or they may have other options to look into.

1 Like

Is she walking well? New walker tend to do that on carpet. Putting shoes on would help tho.

1 Like

There are a good bracing shoe that will correct that. Worked for my daughters and sons

Put some hard bottom shoes on her…a good brand is Stride Rite

Both my daughters did this. My doctor told me to have them wear some tennis shoes.

Have her wear good shoes more frequently

Yeah,a good fitting pair of shoes will stop her.

Shoes. Proper fitting shoes.

Oh boy. This sounds like the old folks but try shoes.

Simple put shoes on her

Sensory related most likely

I’d probably mention it to her doctor. It’s probably nothing but can be a sign of an underlying muscle problem/disease. My daughter was walking at 10.5 months and a good pair of shoes helped. She didn’t curl her toes though but definitely helped her balance

put hard sole shoes on her and as far if she starts tiptoe walking that will eventually go away my son did that now he walks perfectly he still wears out ends of his shoes lol

They need shoes with a hard sole

I’ve tried to email and it say not a valid address