My 11 month old still wakes to nurse...advice?

My youngest is almost 11 months and is still waking up multiple times a night to nurse. My goal had been to nurse until she’s 1 and then wean her off it. I’m not sure how to do this when she still wants to nurse every night. I didn’t have this issue with her older sister because she started sleeping through the night at 6 months. Any tips?

1 Like

I nursed mine as long as possible (3.5), after 2 years old was only at night. Because it was such a bonding and precious connection. You’ll miss these days. Best of luck mama 🫶🏼

1 Like

My 2 year old still wakes up to nurse :woman_shrugging:

My only one to breastfeed, nursed until 3.5 and that’s how he always fell asleep, and just started sleeping through the night in the last month. He’s been weaned since July. Some kiddos just don’t sleep through the night and believe it or not, it’s biologically normal for kids to still wake–even multiple times-- until around 3-3.5 years old. Its rough, I’ll admit it, but she will eventually sleep through the night.

You could try setting boundaries for nursing, but at 11 months I’m not sure how well she’d understand. Your best bet may be to reach out to a lactation consultant and get their advice.

Best of luck! :heart:

my son is a year and a half and will only go to bed if b.f. he will still wake up at least twice to wake up and feed. every child is different. enjoy these moments tho😊