My 15-month-old does not like shoes..advice?

So my 15 month old is always barefoot . In socks of course. Shes not use to shoes nor does she like them . She dont want to walk in them . Is it bad shes always barefoot ? And how do i get her to wear shoes . She sits down in them or pulls them off .

1 Like

What do you mean "barefoot in socks of course’? Wearing socks is not going barefoot. Being barefoot (nothing on feet, just bare) is the best thing for kids.

2 Likes

Sock shoes are the way to go! There are actually studies that show that young children walking in shoes is more difficult for them than walking barefoot or in socks. They get more of a feeling and gain better balance when they don’t have the thick soles. Sock shoes are a great inbetween if you want to have something with a bit of a sole for outdoors.

2 Likes

So let her be barefoot unless she absolutely has to wear shoes. Pick your battles.

2 Likes

My 15 month old son hates shoes, but after it rains or the ground is wet I would love for him to wear a pair, the only thing right now he will keep on outside is a pair of crocs. We let him run barefoot a lot but in the the event he needs shoes those are ones he could tolerate.

1 Like

It’s better to be barefoot

2 Likes

if you want to go outside, you’ll put your shoes on and keep them on, otherwise you come back inside and everyone else in the family gets to play outside but you. Shoes are for outside.

1 Like

My boy was the same around that age. Just keep introducing the shoes and she should get used to it. Let her play with them. Let her watch you put your shoes on.

I stayed barefoot til Kindergarten.
My feet are a little wide, but no big deal…

1 Like

Could try something like this as a stepping stone between socks and shoes.

I found some sock-shoes on temu. They’re soft bottom and the only shoes my LO will wear

I’m going through this with my son he is 14 months he loves to be barefoot but I am the same way but barefoot is good for kids especially playing outside our pediatrician told us just to keep trying he won’t wear Crocs or the sock shoes I’ve tried it all!!!