My 19-month-old is still content in her crib: Should I switch her to a toddler bed?

No way, even if she wasn’t happy, still leave her as long as possible…lol

No way! Once you put her in the toddler bed, she can free range all she wants and you’ll never have a moments peace lol

Leave her be. She’s happy. My kids where about 2 1/2 when they where given a different bed.

Leave her there until she no longer likes it or is potty trained.

If she is happy with being in a crib and you are okay with it why change.

My oldest was in her crib until almost 3!!
My middle until 2 and my youngest never slept in 1.

Leave her in a crib as long as it is safe. Nothing wrong with it.

No. She is content in her crib. Why take her out of it? She will let you know when she wants out.

1 Like

She will let you know when she is ready or hitting her arms or feet in her sleep…then it’s to small for her…

I wouldn’t bother until they start trying to climb out.

My son is 2 and is content as well I’d say leave her there until she can climb out

Don’t mess with something that works keep her in the crib

Leave her in the crib, not endless she 's climbing out.

I put my 2 year old in a bed bc I needed the crib for the next one coming. Now 51 and 53.

My youngest was fine in a crib until about 2 when she realized she had arms and legs to climb out with lol

My second daughter ztayed in her crib until almost 3 or 4. I couldn’t affird a big bed for her. So zi lowered the side so zhe could get in Nd out on her own. She liked that.

My son stayed in his crib until we moved him into the other room to the big boy bed he was 2-2 1/2.

If it’s not broke don’t fix it…Maybe buy the bed and transition when she’s ready.

No she will let you know when she’s ready for her bed…

2 to 3 yrs old is when mine switched and went start to a twin size bed.

I only switched because we had a brother coming that would need it

Leave her in the crib she is content!! You’ll know when to switch

Why would you want to change something that’s working perfectly?

Most toddler beds are labeled for ages 3 to 5

Leave her where she is content, put her in a bed when she is 3 years of age, expect a little bit of crying and coming into your room, that’s baby hood for you

Nope. Some kids feel safe in their crib.

If she is happy, leave her be. It may be her safe space.

Leave her in the crib if she is happy

Learned that this could change tonite. You’ll know when its time.

If everyone is happy with it. Let it go . She will be out of there soon enough.

Leave her in the crib if she is happy.

As long as shes safe and happy just leave it be

Don’t tale it away that’s her security blanket even tho it’s a cribs good luck

No! Keep her in the crib and enjoy your safe and secure baby!

I say leave well enough alone until it becomes an issue

She will be in your bed every night!

I would let her stay in her crib if she’s content.

I say keep them in that crib as long as you can.

leave her be… if she hasnt started to crawl out yet

I wouldn’t do it until she’s ready.

Toddler beds are not necessary. Leaveher if she is content.

No. Leave her. If she’s content and safe and comfortable dont disrupt her routine.

Keep in that crib as long as she wants

Wait until she is two !

If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it!

Leave her be you’ll only be looking for trouble :joy:

No, as long as she is happy.

Leave her be so be out of it soon enough. Count your blessings

If she’s content, leave her be.

OMG…NO. If she’s happy leave her alone

No Let her be happy!

Don’t rush it they grow up too fast😔

No!!! None of mine switched until 2 or after if I could.

Leave her alone, she will decide.

NO! Keep her in there as long as possible!

If she’s happy, leave her alone.

Leave her if she fine!

Nope, the longer the better!

No, leave her be, she will tell you when shes ready

OMG No!! Wait until potty training!

Don’t bother a “happy baby”!!

If it works leave her be. The one I move to a toddler bed at 11 mo, was climbing out of hers. She was motivated. Walking at 8 mo, talking short sentences by a yr, two wheel bike without training wheels at 3. The crib she would grab the foot board, swing a leg over the side rail, then the other. She would slide down the side rail feet first at 10 mo old.

My twins are two and share a crib. :woman_shrugging: they refuse to sleep separate and one of them hasn’t figured out how to climb out. Once she does, I’ll switch.

No she will let you know when she’s ready to change

She will let you know when she’s ready to leave that nest

If its not broke dont try to fix it

Leave her in the crib if she is comfortable

No let her be that sweet baby

Leave her or him in his crib.

Keep her there until SHE decides.

If she’s happy let her stay

Let her be, be glad she still loves her crib

If it ain’t broke…

If she’s content leave her she’ll let you know when she’s ready for a bigger bed

My son was almost 2.5 years old before I transitioned him to a toddler bed

I would leave her in the crib both of my kids stayed in the crib until almost 4 They were happy and still fit the size When we changed them they went straight to a twin bed

6 Likes

My 4yr old said he wanted a big bed he currently sleeps on a toddler bed in my room, I told him he has a big bed it is in his room with his toys and clothes he said yeah that’s ok I don’t want to sleep in there. I reason for my story is you can try a new bed and eventually will have to have it but don’t be surprised if your child won’t sleep in it for awhile

All my kids leave the crib and go to a twin size bed no rails with just a pillow on the floor in case they roll out 3 out of 4 so far and next one will move in a few months after her bday. Idk why people wait. Why do we need so many transitions crib, toddler, rail, no rail then actual bed why not just go ahead and move them? I feel like most people don’t move them so that they can sleep in and not have to get up and worry about the kid running around the house

1 Like

Honestly, I would hold off till she’s potty trained. Then you can get her a nice toddler bed. That should be between 2-2 1/2. They grow so quickly, enjoy while you can.

I am the mother of 6, I waited until they started climbing out of their crib to transition them to a toddler bed. Climbing out is the signal that it’s time and that they are ready to move from the crib to a bed.

1 Like

If she not trying to get out I would leave her b. When I moved my kids was when they were escaping.

Nope. I kept mine in crib until almost 3 years old. Mattress needs dropped all the way to the bottom when they can stand though. It’s better for everyone. They can’t get out of bed unless you get them.

My granddaughter is 3 quite content. Loved to take nap go to sleep. Crib converted to youth bed now

No way , leave her . Not even 2 yet. Sounds like you get a break when she plays in the crib .

If you have more children switch her out in advance so she won’t feel a newcomer is taking her crib.

At 2 it could be a birthday present. Just my 2 cents.