My 4 year old keeps having accidents...advice?

My 4 year old keeps having accidents both pee and poop for months now. We feel we have tried everything. She just doesn’t care. HELP!!

2 Likes

My son is 3 and typically only has accidents if he gets distracted by electronics. :disappointed_relieved:

Maybe get her checked out
Many preschools won’t allow the lid unless they are potty trained

1 Like

First, doctor to rule out physical causes.
Second: stop her every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and have her try to go. Set a timer for 5 minutes if that helps, then let her go back to what she was doing. If she goes in her pants, make her clean it up under your guidance. Don’t get mad, just be matter of fact.
Third, see if you can find out if something is bothering her, possibly engage a psychiatrist/psychologist.
Fourth: don’t shame her. Tell her she might have to be in the baby class at preschool if she doesn’t always use the potty.
Fifth: let her wear pull-ups at night as that sometimes takes longer, especially for heavy sleepers.
Sixth: if this doesn’t help, have you tried hypnosis?

1 Like

Keep to a daily schedule take to bathroom.same time everyday

My son had the same problem…I had to remind him and make him go…I’d make it a game to see if he could get there and back to me before my counting was done… it worked for me…best of luck mama