My 5 year old is all the sudden wanting to nurse again: Advice?

Can someone explain to me why my 5 year old daughter who nursed 3 1/2 years all of the sudden wants to nurse again? She hasn’t been around anyone who is nursing :breast_feeding:. Is that normal?

8 Likes

Did you ask her why she wants to?
What did she say?

1 Like

New baby?
Big changes?
Could be wanting attention or jealous?
Maybe just wants more one on one time with you.

1 Like

Are you pregnant or still producing milk? Maybe she can still smell the milk and that’s her natural reaction, like when we smell amazing food and we’re all of a sudden hungry lol

1 Like

Is she feeling ok? may be for comfort

1 Like

She may just want some attention.

1 Like

She may want to spend time with you- bond with you.

1 Like

Maybe she just wants that same bonding time or attention

She might not want to grow up…5 is a scary age!

She probably wants the comfort and for some reason is feeling insecure, heck with this COVID, rioting, and such we are all feeling insecure. You can tell her she is too old but you can hold her like you did while breast feeding and talk to her.

Currently experiencing that with my 2 years old and 6 years old. My one year old is still breastfeeding, a few times I’ve woke up to find my 6 years old or 2 year nursing!:pensive::unamused::woozy_face::woozy_face:

Comfort feed? Are your or her going threw anything different or stressful? New baby, pregnant? Is she feeling lonely?!? I’d kill to have my 4yo and 3yo want the boob again :sob:

1 Like

My daughter is almost 3 and I couldn’t imagine her on my boob :eyes:

7 Likes

Usually when they do that mama is pregnant and don’t know it yet

My three your old wanted to be breastfed when he saw me breastfeeding my new born. I just had to explain to him that he didn’t need to be breastfed anymore since he can eat and drink foods.

2 Likes

This is the website I read about Dr Idahosa and contacted him to help me get my ex back to marry me during the month of May last year and I have come back here to post about him. Doctor Idahosa will help you solve your problem no matter what you are going through. Posting about a spell caster is very strange to me because I never believed i will be able to say that I was helped by a spell caster in bringing my wife back to me after 1 years and 4 months of no contact. I read about Doctor Idahosa from other websites and contacted him to help me and in less than 24 hours my wife called me and I was happy that she wants to get back to me. We met on monday and she said we need to get married,… It was the most beautiful day for me. Please everyone out here, Contact Doctor Idahosa to solve your problem for you and make you happy with your relationship that is hurting you. Love is the best feeling ever experienced. Email him at dridahosa1@gmail.com or directly on WhatsApp him +2348116774486 Thanks Dr

2 Likes

A comfort thing. my girl still tries to sneak a drink if she in bath with me or in bed feeling sad/sick etc .
Its like she remembers it helps her feel better .

1 Like

OMG I went through this! The reaching and touching phase. I just kinda redirected him and sternly told him no. It took months, but somehow it worked.

1 Like

Stress. Its a comfort. Is the kiddo starting school? Maybe they are anxious. My son reverted back to wanting to be a baby when he was that age. New things for them all at once. Just hug and love on them. Be reassuring.

3 Likes

Breastfeeding is not only for nutrition but it is comfort, bonding, and reassuring. Do something with her that is uniquely you and her time. :cupid:

2 Likes

Might have anxiety and wants comfort