My 6-year-old has smelly armpits...advice?

My 6 year old daughter is having smelly armpits . I shower her last night and today i smelt under her arms . So what deodorant do you guys use or recommend for young children already needing it . I shower her every two days so now shes going to need daily baths now that shes sweating under her arms .

10 Likes

Depending how you feel about rubbing alcohol I literally take a cotton ball , rubbing alcohol a pat under your pits once or a couple times a day & works wonders !!! I live by it now

1 Like

There’s no certain age as to when kids should start putting on deodorants, I remember my mom would mash aloe & apply a little amount on my armpits when I was between 7-12 yrs old as we used to travel around Asia & I sweat a lot due to the weather. My sister did the same to her children until they become teenagers & old enough to get “grown-up deodorants”. I think you should just look for brands that are almost water-based and/or plant-based so they don’t harm your child’s skin.

2 Likes

You may want to take her to the doctor and checked for precocious puberty jic.

5 Likes

Native or ivory deodorant is good!!! Native also has the spray deodorant, but I would stay away from floral scented ones as it can cause the odor to be worse! Also you can use limes as a natural odor killer!

Pls give her bath with herbal soap morning and evening

4 Likes

Nothing with aluminum in it

1 Like

I like the crystal rock deodorant (not anti-perspirant) that you wet & roll on. And yes, check for precocious puberty with your doctor. Switch out regular beef or chicken with organic, no pesticides, no antibiotics no growth hormone meats and only organic dairy products. The hormones ingested could be causing this.

Green beaver natural deodorant…sold at Jean Coutu

1 Like

Native, hello or the crystal roller ball. Or Their diet has a lot to do with it.

My son has been smelly since he was 2. Doctor said as long as there’s no signs of puberty with it, some kids just stink. Get her a deodorant. Deodorant only, no anti-perspirant. Aluminum free is most ideal. We use Tom’s Wicked Kids.

7 Likes

What kind of smell? As a nurse there are many smells. BO=hygiene. Sweet=diet. Bready=yeast. Musty=type of material being worn. Smell comes from the bacteria on the skin. Add moist environment (sweat) breeding ground=smell. The skin is always in a balance of flora and fauna, it’s a natural thing, sometimes swings a little out of balance=skin infections. Daily showers. Scrub with pintasol (pine gel ph body wash). Dry very well. Cotton clothing. Deodorant covers up the issue. Better to reduce the actual cause. Good luck.

2 Likes

Some people in my family have a deeper issue(I’ve never been diagnosed with it) but sometimes I sweat profusely and women’s deodorants didn’t work for me…I use men’s drgreee sport 48 hrs (I put it on daily) and I swear by it!!

I used key lime juice under my girls arms until they were about 8 or 9. Now they use secret deodorant.

Shower her every day. I don’t understand this whole shower every other day thing with kids. Kids are filthy and need to bathe every single day just like adults

4 Likes

My daughter is smelly too. We use Dove spray and the doctor suggested antibacterial soap so that’s what we use.

3 Likes

My doctor recommended antibacterial soap in spring and summer and bathing everyday.and something like dove in winter

1 Like

Dial gold bar soap. It helped my son. That is the only soap he uses. It kills the bacteria oder.

Some people have to start wearing deodorant earlier than others. My youngest had to start using it when he was five and bathe/shower daily.

1 Like

Get a natural aluminum free deodorant. Toms of maine is a good one. My daughter started using deodorant around 7.

Its safe to bath twice a day i think tat helps

We use this with our 5 year old! She loves it, it smells great, and it hasn’t shown any signs of being harsh to her skin or anything. She says it makes her feel like a big girl too!

1 Like

My seven year old has been wearing degree since he was three! We recently had to switch to degree clinical strength due to increase in body odor out of absolutely no where and it has made all of the difference in the world!

Why don’t people get their kids on a really good probiotic. Seems to me if two and three year olds are stinking then something is off with their micro biome and need help. Besides that will improve other areas too.

1 Like

Mix baking soda with some water and put under her arms that would help her

My almost 9 year old is using teen spirit or secret.

dollar tree has aluminum free powerstick smells pretty good

Aluminum free dove teen stick deodorant.

We use the spray on for my son who’s 11

Primally pure is natural and we love it

My daughter did this.
I gave her a prebiotic for kids, switched her soap to nudy rudy because it’s more organic, and just got a soft cotton round and some witch hazel to cleanse her armpits after her shower. Now she’s 8 and needs deodorant. I use Lúme on her because it doesn’t have any aluminum but it actually works.

Use an antiperspirant and deodorant in 1.

Dove makes a preteen deodorant! They smell amazing, too.

She should have been in the shower every day not every two days that the problem

My 7yr old uses native sensitive aloe and green tea

For all the ones going off about how alcohol isn’t safe for children & for the lady that just told me to educate myself …… no please you do me the pleasure, READ what ingredient they use in this deodorant…. Oh wow alcohol along with a bunch of other crap . Get out of here . You think I’d come on here comment my input without having knowledge and facts

She needs antiperspirant not deodorant. Or you can use rubbing alcohol… the smells not caused by the sweat. Its caused by bacteria on the skin. Kill the bacteria kill the smell.

1 Like