My 6-year-old keeps waking up early...advice?

Anyones older child (mine is 6) keep waking early ever since the time change LAST NOVEMBER??? He used to sleep until 7am, he’s been waking 5:30-6:30am ever since Nov. My 1.5 year old sleeps later than him lol

11 Likes

That’s about sunrise does he have curtains in his room sounds like the light but it’s normal for use our sleep schedule changes with the weather and the seasons sunrise and sunset ect keep little man up later then normal and then put some black out curtain in window have a good meal two hours before bed

Early… My 5 year old wakes from 3.30/4 but will play in her room until her younger sister wakes.

Make a few quiet boxes to keep him busy while you begin your day.

Well my kids 6 and 7 year old wake up so early. They have toys and stuff in their rooms to keep them entertained until either me or my husband gets up or until their clock turns blue at 8 am. Its worked great for us. Kids wake up early :woman_shrugging:

Not really. My kids are 7 and 1 and wake up every morning around 630-730am. Nothing you can really do to get them to sleep in. It’s just a part of parenting. One day the kids will sleep late but for now we just get up and do the parent thing even when exhausted

That seems the average time for that age. Kids are pretty programmed in their circadian rhythm for dawn wake up times.

That just might be the new him. My oldest used to sleep in and then one day 6a-6:30a. Has been that way since. My youngest is a sleeper. Adjusting bedtime didn’t matter, his internal alarm had him up at the same time.

I’m an early bird so I’m up early too. Always have been. Put them too bed later … maybe. Doesn’t really work for me. Just be sure a RESPONSIBLE adult is awake with him. Do not let them roam the house alone. It’s your responsibility as their parent to be up with them if you KNOW he’s getting up early. Set your alarm to get up with him. Make it your special time with him.

My daughter is 9 now and the opposite. When she was younger she’d wake at 5.30am regardless of what time she went to bed. Now she sleeps till about 11 on the weekend

All my kids are up between 6 and half passed most days :sob::rofl:

My daughter is 7 and that’s about the time she wakes up and my 2 year old will sleep till probably 8 or 9

Maybe try a later bedtime? Or maybe they need more exercise/stimulation during the day?

1 Like

My 10yo wakes up at 5am. It’s just how his body works. I have even made him stay up late when there’s no school. Still up at 5.

Tie some string to him, lead it towards his iPad and tell him that jogging on the spot charges his iPad. He’ll soon sleep lol

2 Likes

:joy::joy: my 9 year olds bed time is 8:30, she’ll wake up at 6am. She stays up til about 9:30/10 some weekend nights, still up at 6am :joy: just more miserable

I thought that was normal…:face_with_monocle:

My son is 5 and did the same. Adjusting bedtime helps.

Just teach them to get some cerals and play quietly. Make sure the house is kid proof

Maybe Get darker curtains

Can your kid and my 1 year be besties? :joy: That’s my 1year olds wake up time too. My Mr 3 and miss 2 will comfortably sleep in till about 8:30/9am.