My 6-year-old struggles with bad breathe...advice?

Hey moms, my almost 6yo really struggles with bad breath. We have taken him to the dentist, and he said there’s nothing wrong. We brush his teeth twice a day, and floss for him, but the bad breath is very bad. He’s not eating anything in his diet like garlic that would cause it to be like this. Wondering if any of you have experienced this with your kids and what helped?

2 Likes

Have you had his ears and nose checked

1 Like

Have his tonsils checked for tonsil stones

1 Like

Could be his tonsils when my daughter has tonsillitis/tonsil stones her breathe is bad

1 Like

Dry mouth could be the issue

Brush his tongue or use a tongue scraper

Food stuck in his nasal cavity?

1 Like

Could be a digestive issue as well get him checked at the dr

I agree w what others are saying. My son stuck some animal stuffing in his nose and I had no idea. Don’t know for how long either. Kept brushing his teeth and it still smelled horrible until I took him to the doctor

Brush his tongue. Get a water pic from Walmart to help get what flossing doesn’t. Take him to the Dr to see if it’s a throat or nasal issue

Could just be his sinuses.

Check for gut issues and tonsils. Give him acidophilus; you can empty capsules into his food and give him plain yogurt with fresh or dried fruit and nuts. If nothing else works, ask about giving him chlorophyll.

Has he had Covid? The reason I ask is because I’ve noticed a pattern amongst people I know that have had Covid including my son and I swear on my life Covid changed their breathes. My son’s breath smells horrific and he flosses and brushes and uses mouthwash and scraps his tongue too but NOTHING works.

I have also taken him to the dentist and nothing wrong either.

But it seems to be more in the male gender than the female gender with the breath thing strangely.

It could also be tonsil stones which can cause horrible breath also. Could be tonsillitis too.

1 Like

Sinuses may be the culprit

Take him to his pediatrician ask them about it diabetes can cause bad breath