My 7-month-old still doesn't sleep the night: Thoughts?

So got two questions I need to ask, so my son is seven months old and still is not sleeping all the way through the night, and we feed him food at least three times a day and little snacks in between he gets up at least once a night to eat, and then I think my son has lost interest in sitting in his high chair to eat his food he starts crying and does not want to eat good but if he is distracted he will eat no problem what ides os out there to help with him in his high chair thanks

17 Likes

This is a question for your pediatrician. They will tell you if their weight is good enough for you to not go in at night.

My daughter is 8 months and still wakes up at night to eat. Pediatrician says it’s normal for them to wake up to drink their milk (breast or formula) til they r 1 yr)

3 Likes

Mine hasnt gain weight in the last two months , less then a pound and she is 6 months and isnt sleeping through the night, the doctor said she shouldnt be eating but since she is not gaining wieght that i should continue until we see some more weight, shes not super alarmed or too worried but she said i dont need to stop just yet. So i would definitely check with your peditrician to see if sleep training is something you can start :slight_smile:

I can’t help with the high chair part but the sleeping part is normal. My son eats like a hoss all day. He turned 8m old on the first. He goes down between 7:30/8:30ish and wakes up between 4-5ish for a bottle goes back to sleep till 7:30/8:30am and is up for the day. That is completely normal. I have two older children. 4 and 2 and they both didn’t really sleep through the night till around 10/11ish months.

My daughter was 2 1/2 before she slept through the night!

3 Likes

My son is 2 and still doesn’t sleep through the night

Maybe try half food half bottle before bed? Help him he fuller. I started that with my son. He eats his baby food at like 6-6:30 and then a bottle at 7:30 -8 and he sleeps till about 5:30 and has a bottle and then sleeps till 8:30-9. And he’s 6 months.

2 Likes

:rofl: my 3 year old still wakes up at night.

1 Like

My 9 month old doesnt either :sob:

My 10 month old eats all day long she’s a chunk and she still wakes up 3 times a night to eat my 3 year old didn’t sleep throu the night until he was 2

My almost 7 month old wakes up at least 1-2 times at night to eat so you’re not alone! Goes down around 7-8 and is up by 8/8:30. I drove myself crazy for a little while wondering when he’s going to start sleeping through the night until finally got rid of my own “timeframe” I was hoping for. All babies are different. I slept though night from 5 weeks on and was always a good sleeper. I know he’s happy and healthy and well fed and that’s all that matters. If he doesn’t sleep through the night for now, then it just is what it is :woman_shrugging:t3: I know it’s easier said than done when you’re running on little to no sleep but I know it’ll get easier and that day WILL eventually come when we all get a full night’s sleep. Best of luck to you mama :two_hearts:

1 Like

My daughter just turned one and does not sleep through the night but maybe once a week. Lol. As for the high chair, maybe prop a mirror in front of him so he can see a baby eating lol
I’ve done it. With this little girl shes literally obsessed with bubble guppies and the only way to get her to sit and eat in her high chair is guppy songs or video on my tablet. Crazy, I know. Don’t wanna hear the judgements lol

1 Like

My 4 year old still wakes once a night, and my 18 month old still is up 2-5x a night.

Try high chair in front of TV lol it could help. Give little portions and more if he eats it all. Sometimes it can be over welming to them as a hole plate. As far as sleeping threw the night my baby just turned 1 and sometimes still wakes up for her bottle.

7 month old should be eating more than 3 meals a day. But definitely try a bottle right before bed, maybe even some white noise to help soothe

1 Like

Normal
First daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was almost 2 :sob:

Add cereal to his bottle of milk before bed. Once I added cereal my son slept all night

Give him silver wear and make sure he can feed himself. But as far as the night sleep… My 3 year old still wakes up. She stirs and gos back to sleep but just saying, I’m 32 and wake up multipule times a night. Just change his butt, or whatever, a snack, and back to bed. He will have it down soon. The first year is rough tho.

1 Like

My kiddos are in their 20’s but adding some rice cereal to the bottle at night, just to thicken a little, will help get the belly filler n gain weight some. :smiley:

6 Likes

Mmm don’t know if I was to strict with schedules with mine but by the age of 3 months she started sleeping all night ( though I woke like 20 times to see she was fine) I would give her a bath and a bottle of 4 onz of milk around 8 pm and she woke up at 8 next morning

1 Like

How much formula is baby getting? At seven months three meals and snacks is a lot but okay as long as their are drinking their formula still. Getting up once isn’t uncommon. Talk to your dr about it.

How many bottles does he have, foods ok but id do less and make sure he’s getting the right amount of milk

Formula is number one nutrition for a baby prior before age 1 please make sure baby is getting enough of that first , “solids” comes second. The baby is 7months old not 7 or 17 can’t expect
Him to want to do anything. And getting up once a night , for a bottle? Formula or BF? Also I know many babies who have yet to sleep straight through a night before 1.

3 Likes

Some babies don’t. My daughter slept through the night at a month old. My son only sleeps all through the night about 50% of the time, and he’s 13 months old.

They sleep through when their ready

My kid is 2 and doesnt sleep threw the night

Keep him awake longer through the day. Cut nap times and sleep time during the day in half.

1 Like

My kiddo is only 8 months, and my pedi said I could start baby food AND rice cereal whenever I felt she was ready. Shes been eating rice cereal in her bottle before bed for at least 2 months (pedi said it was fine) so really it’s a matter of opinion as long as the doctor gives the okay. AND yes you’re right doesnt add anything to babies diet. It’s just kinda there. :joy::joy: so if pedi gives the okay, and you wanna try it. Try it.

Mine was a breastfed bub so I was out of luck till he was well over 1. But good luck!

My daughter didnt sleep thru until she was 5 . She would go to sleep but wake if you changed the tv channel. She was a nightmare…now she can sleep all day and all night…weird

My boy is the same age, he gets up once or twice through out the night to drink milk too.

My little girl went off the high chair too, she’s now 17 months and sits on the sofa beside me to eat until we can make room for a kitchen table :metal:t2:

My babe is 6 months and still wakes up 3 times :grin: normal I’d say

Mine is 19 months and still normally gets up once a night. I have friends that say their 4-5 year olds still don’t sleep through the night! :sob::joy: Good luck!

My son (now 5), didn’t sleep through the night until like 2.5 years old. Every child is different, and if you don’t have a strict bedtime schedule, then they won’t get there. Kids crave structure.

Mine was about 7 before he was sleeping all night most nights… good luck

She is 7 months old so still will 2ake during the night adding food to her bottle id’s not good at All, routine is key as a mum of 5 and youngest being 2 still wakes the od night even my 7 year old wakes for no reason

My son didn’t sleep through the night until he was 13 months. Now he’s 4 and wakes me up at least twice a night

My little is 14 months and still doesn’t sleep through the night wakes up for bottle at least once sometime twice a night

My almost 5 month old sleeps pretty good through the night. I put her down between 8 - 830. She does wake up tho, between 4 and 6 for a bottle, usually when daddy gets up for work. But than shes right back out, til between 7 & 8. She’s always been good about sleeping thru the night. Have her on a pretty good schedule also. Nap times are short during the day.

My son didn’t sleep through the night until he was 9/10 months. He’s a year now and still wakes up but goes back to sleep with no help

“Fill their bellies!” No, that isn’t the way. Babies aren’t supposed to sleep through the night, they seek comfort, and security. They want to know they aren’t alone. Just comfort your kid, hold them, kiss them, rock them. They will grow out of it.

3 Likes

My 11 month old doesn’t sleep through the night he will do it on occasion but most nights he wakes at least twice for a bottle

I did milk cereal and food for mine he slept all night unless he was teething or sick but he also slept all night on just milk when he was 6 weeks old up to 4 months than again I co sleep and he had a bassinet/crib right by my bed

Sounds like normal 7 month old behavior…

1 Like

Do whatever it takes to get him to eat through the day. Baby’s love routines so keep a set bed time and try to do something every night leading to bed time like read a book or bath time. it just depends on the baby, but it won’t hurt to try. My son is almost 8 months and he sleeps from 9pm to 6:20am

I had the same issue with mine. Her pediatrician said that she was getting enough nutrients during the day and didn’t need night time bottles, so I could switch it out with a bottle of water. Most of the time they aren’t actually hungry at night, just a little thirsty. It took 3 days to wean my girl off of night time bottles, and by letting her take water to bed with her, she’d wake up, take a few sips, and go back to sleep. No more crying for bottles, and soon we were both sleeping through the night.

Your baby still needs formula or breastmilk as their main source of nutrition until 1. They don’t need 3 meals and snacks
They NEED their milk.

Second, table foods aren’t going to make your infant sleep through the night. I wish people would quit telling new moms that bullshit.

STTN comes on its own. And not sttn is a way the baby is preventing sids.

Give it time. My son is 2 and occasionally wakes up still for some breastmilk. :woman_shrugging:t3:

My son is 9 months old now and sleeps three the night unless he’s teeth are coming threw but ur son could be teething and at night in the crib when he wakes up to drink a bottle don’t pick him up out the crib let him drink it in the crib and go right back to sleep

I have 7 babies. All kids are different. Listen to your gut. They wont be getting up for a bottle when they are 15, Relax mama your doing fine. :slightly_smiling_face: give your baby what baby needs. It wont last forever… coming from a single mother of 7 that has a job and no family. Just relax… you got this.

3 Likes

Cereal in with formula bottles at night will help but definitely don’t expect a 7 month old to sleep through the night it’s 100% normal for them to want to eat at some point

If you like your sleep maybe you shouldn’t of had kids

1 Like

Try a bumbo seat in stead of a high chair until he gets a little bigger.
As for sleeping through the night, my little one did not start sleeping through the night until she was 12-13 months old. At 7 months she was still getting up 3-4 times a night to nurse

Feed him before he goes to bed hes problay hungry. One of my kids did that, I would give her a jar of fruit before bed time and it would help her to sleep better.

Um… 3 times a day?

Some times kids just don’t sleep through the night. 7 months can still be too young for him to sleep through.

1 Like

My grandson didn’t sleep thru the night until he was 3 years old. Every child is different

My first slept pretty good, woke up every once in awhile. my 2nd is 7 months and still wakes 2-3 times. I think each kid is just different.

Not all babes sleep through the night. It could be regression, developmental or just babes needs.

Babies need milk bottles and food at that age during the day

My baby is 14 months old and doesn’t sleep through the night. They’re babies. They don’t sleep.

1 Like

This too shall pass.

My granddaughter is 5 doesn’t sleep through the night. She wakes up at least once to go potty or drink of water.