My 7 year old stinks like a teenager: What can I do?

Its deodorant it’s not going to kill him 100,000,000 of people use it everyday. My son used it at 9 no big deal and you really took him to a doctor how embarrassing poor kid. just saying

18 Likes

Hes a boy for God sake. They need deordant. They play, sweat, just boys. Its not uncommon, its normal. All my nephews, started at 8 yrs. old. They play ball, get dirty take a shower and put deordant on.

14 Likes

He is not to young teach him to use deorate after a good bath then teach him some good smelly body spray to my grandaughter was a young age when i taught her she was 7 everyone would say how good she always smelled. Kids van be cruel so if you smell him everyone else dose and kids will make fuun of him so please teach him

2 Likes

Normal, it’s hormones. And yes he needs to be use it deodorant. He isn’t to young. Use deodorant with antiperspirant.

9 Likes

Never too young to learn good hygiene and how to take care of yourself! My kids have worn deodorant since they first started school.

1 Like

Never too early to learn about good hygiene. Get him some deodorant.

I would ask to go to a internest or dermatologist if you feel it’s not right keep pushing forward but some kids do mature before others but not that soon

3 Likes

Deodorant will not hurt him. An will also bust his confidence so he will want smell good.

6 Likes

Well I think you’re right. Seems too young to need deodorant. My 9 year old doesnt even smell and hes bigger for his age. I understand your concern, unlike all these other judgemental assholes.

My 8 yr old has to wear deodorant already. I would look into Lume if you want a natural choice.

3 Likes

Sorry to hijack this post. How do I ask a question anonymous?

How could anyone be too young to use deoderant. It almost seems like youre sexualizing deodorant lmfao just go to the dollar store and buy the kid some. God lord!

12 Likes

You’re not alone, my 7 year old daughter has to use deodorant every day. Make it fun, let him pick a scent he likes, there’s tons to choose from. My daughter loves picking her own deodorant.

1 Like

Read somewhere that dairy products could be the culprit. They do make many natural deodorants.

3 Likes

Just have him wash under his arms a few times a day this is very normal.

My daughter was wearing deodorant since she was 6.nothing wrong with it. Get the kid some deodorant

1 Like

He’s to young to have good hygiene and to learn responsibility? :joy:

6 Likes

Use deodorant!!! My Grandbaby is six. Uses every day. They just use none scented

My 7 year grandson & granddaughter both already have to wear deodorant…sign of the times

Get him deodorant and shower or bath every day

1 Like

Mitchum deordant its the best.

2 Likes

use deodorant, problem solved🤗

too young? if he stinks he needs some deo :woman_shrugging:

Try getting a natural deodorant. My daughter is 9 and so needed it.

Best deodorant been using it since I was a teen ; my brother uses it & now my 10 yr old daughter does too;

1 Like

My son is 7. He is autistic, anxiety and sensory processing disorder and has been needing deodorant since he was about 4. No matter how much he scrubs, how strong the men’s body wash is he smells like high school football player. Drs have tested his hormones. But his normal temp is 99.8 so he runs hot, wears shorts all year…in pants he vets too hot he gets sick. Drs told me it just happens with some kids its normal. But I also have friends who’s kids had this an found heart problems later (excessive sweating for the age/smell that was just brusd off as over active child sweating). And I’m in many autism and anxiety groups and a lot of our kids have this issue as the body make up is different. Just find deodorant. My son thought it was so cool being like all the big sports men! And even found body spray (axe, power stick) to use in addition quick if we need it. Keep one in vehicle for run into store, and at home just to help now and then. And shower morning and night…and it helps. If u have a super sensitive nose like me you still notice a faint smell but its way better.

Kids are going through the beginning stages of puberty earlier and earlier. I have 5 boys, they all are the same, same genetics, same gender, same everything. Some went through puberty earlier than others. It’s not the meat or all my boys would have at same time and age, so that person needs to educate before claiming things. I know there’s hormones in our food, and yes it could add to it, but it is not solely responsible. Now that being said, I understand you not wanting your baby to grow up so fast, but facts are facts, you said your child stinks. So have him use the deodorant. You don’t want him getting made fun of at school and being teased and shunned because of something he can’t help. That’s cruel. Kids are mean. Adults can be mean. Let the kid use the deodorant. It’s hard enough to do so once they’re older, start these good hygiene habits early. Get some testing done for imbalances, and see what the results are, so maybe this can be a short term issue. But still have him use body powder, or deodorant. It’s not gonna hurt him. And letting him just stink is not okay by you as the parent. Good luck, I know it’s not easy.

5 Likes

My daughter has smelled like onions if she didnt wear deodorant since she was 2 years old. Its a hormone imbalance. Their bodies cant process and tolerate hormones in food products so instead the excrete it through their pores and its stinky. The cure is to cut out dairy or go all organic, hormone free. Its not a huge issue and can be controlled through diet changes and good hygiene :blush:

My son got that funky boy stink about that age too. Both my kids used deodorant at that age. There’s nothing wrong.

Just start talking to him about hygiene and keeping clean. Find a deodorant your comfortable with if your worried about the ingredients.

I found the most natural deodorant an Aloe Vera one as my son was the same and like you I felt he was too young deodorant with all their chemicals! I also started needing to wear deodorant at around the age of 8yrs old myself & I’m 43 ! It’s nothing to do with eating meat, when you think generations ago we only lived to mid 30’s and has children much younger it’s just that it was acceptable then due to our age span. Try not to worry it’s all part of growing up x

1 Like

Stop eating meat, it has hormones that cause our kids go through puberty early…

3 Likes

Just use deodorant. My daughter’s needed it since this summer and she just turned 9. It’s normal :woman_shrugging:t2:
Stinky armpits doesn’t equal hitting puberty.

1 Like

My son started having body odor at that age. What I have found to work best is after showering I have him spray rubbing alcohol on his armpits and let it dry before applying deodorant. The alcohol kills the bacteria that creates the odor and makes the biggest difference.

1 Like

My sons 7 and started using deodorant when he started kindergarten. He wanted to be like daddy and smell good and his armpits started getting stinky around 6 years old. Nothing wrong with it. Teaches good hygiene and it’s a part of life and growing up.

My daughter is 6 and she wears deodorant. It can be beneficial to start teaching kids good hygiene at a young age.

Might sound weird but if you rub lime and get them soaked with the juice for a couple of hours then he can shower and use an antibacterial soap bar it should do the trick. Mexicans do that lol it works magic

1 Like

Uhh why would you feel he’s too young for deodorant? Maybe you should just start teaching proper ways for good hygiene. Whether he’s a very active kid or sitting in his room all day, they can and will start to sweat/smell. I personally find it more odd that a parent is looking for reasons to not use deodorant vs just getting their child deodorant. It’s part of life🤦🏻‍♀️

5 Likes

My son started at 9, he’s now 11 and in full on puberty lol it usually starts with the stinky arm pits. :wink: Everyone is different! I started my period when I was 9, I’m almost 29 years old. :woman_shrugging:t2: He’s not too young for deodorant, it just seems like it because he’s your baby! I felt the same way. :heart::relaxed:

My daughter has been using deodorant for a few years now and she’s 9. I was about that age. Never once thought something was wrong. It’s a natural part of life. Some kids sweat more than others.

1 Like

My son is 11, hes gone though it all to even his voice breaking. He loves lynks and Nivea for men and all the others, I say if hes becoming a man let him, just teach him about personal hygien from now or he’ll grow up to be the stinky sweaty man you bork at in a supermarket. The stronger the deodorant the better no one likes smelling like sweat! And if your son can not use the deodorant can method get him roll on! He will thank you for it in the long run he dosnt want kids picking on him at school if there not going though the same thing trust me kids can be cruel, my son is one of the eldest in his year and hes the only one with a deep voice, his voice changed in lock down so when he went back every one was like what is wrong with your voice they couldn’t grasp it, the other lads dont understand they will change soon to, so please help your child, tell him about deodorant and why he needs it and what will happen to his poor body and his voice ect they need to be prepared, I was lucky that my son laughed it of and just got on with it, it just becomes expensive when he finds new brands he likes lol🤣

1 Like

Just get him deodorant not a huge deal

1 Like

I would just use deodorant. If your worried about the ingredients I’ve heard great things about Native natural deodorant.

If you don’t feel comfortable with him wearing deodorant, how about a roll on anti perspirant x

1 Like

Get clinical strength deodorant. My daughter was like that.

Its normal, use the deodorant not a big deal just part of growing up! Follow your dr orders🤷‍♀️

1 Like

I had the same issue with my son and he’s 10 now, and he’s good with it

1 Like

Get him a sensitive dove deodorant fragrance free

Lemon is a natural deodorizer

Just use deodorant. I have a stinky daughter that started smelling around that age. Lol. I remember I did as well. It’s not uncommon. Some kids just do.

1 Like

Boys are never too young for deodorant they stink it is time for deodorant just like girls if their armpits and legs are hairy it’s time to start shaving

My step daughter had to start using deodorant around age 8, it’s just genetics, her dad is a sweaty guy. We talked a lot about what causes the funky smell i.e. bacteria on the skin and why she needed to bath more often than other kids her age. I think making it normal no matter what age is okay.

2 Likes

My granddaughter started at 8, we use that Tom’s, all natural for the age

2 Likes

If you think your child is too young for deodorant, you get baby cologne, i use it on my 2 year old…

Help for the odor would be to use a natural (without harsh chemicals) deodorant. Or even some pure cornstarch, since it sounds like you are concerned because of his age.

How exactly is he too young for deodorant? If he stinks he needs it. You don’t want him to be the smelly kid at school i promise… just let him use deodorant and make sure when he bathes he is really washing properly

2 Likes

Lmao uhhhhh let the kid use some deodorant …

2 Likes

Deodorant is safe. Have him bathe well and use some. They get excited to see mommy and daddy use it.

Their hormones are starting to kick in and it’s the start of his journey. He’s growing up and only has a few years before big puberty kicks in. It doesn’t happen all at once momma. :relaxed:

1 Like

My daughter is 7 been using deodorant for year now. There no smell just getting her ready for if she were to smell.

1 Like

Why in the hell is it too young? Does he brush his teeth? It’s personal hygiene if he needs it buy it for him and teach him now! When he gets to be 13 youll be wishing you taught him…instead youll be arguing with his stinky ass to get in the shower and use some… Lord help us all…

7 is too young for deodorant, it can cause the pours to clog and then sores…those that are saying it isn’t too young are wrong…use something natural like cornstarch, wash frequently or baking soda

There are TONS of recipes on pinterest for natural deodorants. I also have a few of these scents, they work great!

Mens speed stik deoderant is aluminum free and works. Not antiperspirant just plain o deoderant.

Honestly, get him the deodorant. He’s not the first 7 year old to need to use it, and he won’t be the last. All of our kids started using it at about that age.
There’s lots of different types of it out there. If your that worried about it. See if you can find an organic one.

2 Likes

My 7 yr old has days his armpits stink. It’s like a grown man stink. I use baking soda. His doctor told me to use natural/organic deodorant for him until he gets in the teens or just plain baking soda and water mixture

1 Like

Get the poor kid a natural deodorant. They have the good ones without aluminum.

Can’t ask two doctors for help and then not do what they both suggest.

9 Likes

Too young for deodorant?? If he stinks he needs it!!! You can’t control his hormones and his sweat! Quit trying to control everything and get that boy some deodorant. You’d rather him go around at school stinking rather than fix the problem??? :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Can always use baby powder on his pits that’s what I do for my 8 yr old who smells like my 15yr old.

Why make a big deal out of it some girls start their period at 8 or younger just get him some deodorant and teach him why he has to use it now it’s normal :expressionless:

11 Likes

My son started using deodorant at 7 and my now 6 and 6 yr old both use deodorant…but iv taught them to use it as part of there hygiene so they wash there faces daily…they do there teeth and they put on deodorant and they also brush there hair and put it up if needed but they also each have there own cologne or perfume to put on…but its mor part if teaching them a routine for there hygiene and the things needed to be a clean person…

1 Like

My son will be six next week and he’s used deodorant since he turned five…he don’t smell yet but does sweat a good bit…just getting him used to it before he does start smelling

My 6 year old girl has to use deodorant! Totally normal

My 7 year old daughter uses deodorant. If they sweat, they’re likely to stink and if they stink help them figure out how not to.

2 Likes

My 6 and 7 year olds smell horrible!!!

My now 10 yr old has been using deodorant since he was 6! He stinks and there was no way around it.

My oldest son started with the arm pit smell too around 7. Especially in the summer time. Theyre always outside. I didnt stress it, figured he was just at that age, and being in school with other kids, i started buying him little mini sticks of deoderant for him. 1 for home and 1 in his back pack for school. He LOVED the idea, that he got to wear deoderant just like his dad. Remember, These little boys, are mini men right now. Little stink now, with education on handling his own hygiene, will help later on!! I feel like it sets them up to handle themselves better when theyre grown. Just how i felt on the topic.

Might want to investigate what he is eating, or inhaling in your house, do you smoke around him? U release toxins through your skin, So it may be something regarding either of those situations, also probably needs to drink more water and eliminate sugary drinks

3 Likes

Is he getting enough fluids? Could it be from his diet?

I’ve been buying deodorant for my daughter since she was 4, just get the deodorant, there is nothing embarrassing about smelling good. He is def old enough for it.

1 Like

Dr told me years ago after a surgery Rubbing Alcohol is the best to use, try couple times daily and always after bath, hope it helps👍

Why would u take him to the doc?
Theres nothing wrong… kids develop alot faster these days my 9 year old wear deodorant everyday started at 7 as well no biggie

Uhm. Slap some DO on them pits.

1 Like

So you would rather your child smell and get made fun of in school than buy deodorant :ok_hand:.

5 Likes

My 8yr old uses deodorant cause he started having stinky armpits.

Soooo you have taken him to two different doctors, their answers have both been the same? Why not just buy him the deodorant and teach him what body odour means and how to help prevent it ? What are your true objections at this point ?

6 Likes

I have several friends who’s kids started deodorant around that age. It’s normal. Get him deodorant.

Yup let him use dove powder scent deodorant yes its fir women and its very mild. Wash his under arms with soap and use a lime or lemon after and scrub them rinse with cool water and use deodorant smell will be gone adults can do this as. Well.

Natural remedy that works…get about 4/5 avocado leaves and boil in a small pot of water till its brown…use this 3 times a week for 1 month. About 1/4 of a glass…There is hardly any taste but for the younger kids we would mix this into their teas milk whatever but this works great and it really does help. Trust me!

You have 2 choices mom. Put deodorant on the kid or let him stink. You have to pick one.

5 Likes

Get deodorant and don’t make a big deal of it to him. He’s probably super self-conscious by now! Let the issue drop and let him feel confident with some deodorant on!

That boy is 7! My daughter is 7, shes wears deodorant everyday…Get him some deodorant! I dont understand why you wouldn’t! Why would you want him to be the stinky kid in school?!? Get him deodorant :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I can understand ur concern being with his development but I do not understand why you dont want him to wear deodorant. If it is an issue with chemicals try looking into an organic deodorant.

1 Like

If it’s the chemicals and other ingredients in the deodorant that you are worried about you should look into to the all natural brands. Native is really good.

1 Like

I know hes young but they have teen dedorant…it happens tho…

Have you got his thyroid levels checked?

Is there a reason you are so against him using deodorant? There’s no age requirement for deodorant. I’d be happy they are saying there’s nothing “wrong” and he doesn’t need any meds or treatments, just deodorant. Also my 4 year old gets stinky when he sweats so we let him use deodorant. He thinks it’s cool and fun cause he’s “just like daddy”. Idk I guess I’m just not understanding what the big deal is :woman_shrugging:t2:

Buy the kid deodorant.

Just try deodorant what’s it gonna hurt

I have twins and the one Lord that boy stinks like a grown man…called his Dr and they said the same thing…no pubic hair nothing to worry about…he also gets horrible rashes under his arms especially in the summer so we can’t use most deodorants. Axe he had a horrible reaction to…we ended up choosing one from suave men and it works perfect

My 4 year old wears deodorant and body spray everyday, not because he stinks but because he sees mommy and daddy do it every day.
I’d rather teach about personal hygiene at a young age rather than fighting with him to put it on when he actually stinks.

3 Likes

Listen to the doctors? Get him deodorant.

1 Like