My 7 year old stinks like a teenager: What can I do?

Get deodorant without antiperspirant in it. That’s what’s bad if that is what your concern with deodorant is

That’s normal the smell comes first, your son is approaching puberty. Wait till your sweet baby boy has his first mood swing and you tell him what to do. Omg I think I’ve become numb to the “I hate yous”

My girls have had to wear deodorant since Kindergarten.

My 8 year old stinks if she doesn’t use it, but she LOVES it. She said it makes her smell like a lady:

My daughter was 8 when I first noticed a faint arm pit smell. She uses deodorant :slightly_smiling_face:

What is he eating?? Some foods can cause strong-smelling sweat…from armpits and feet.

What about using a baking soda paste? It’s natural and absorbs odor.

Same thing with my kid and brother and sister all smelled at a young age

Try a natural deodorant or virgin coconut oil.

You took him to the Dr. cause he stinks? Just use deodorant and go on.

my 8 yr old is the same way,just buy deodorant no big deal

Try some arm hammer baking soda. It work too.

Move to Denmark… deodorants are illegal there…

normal just let him use deodorant problem solved

1- spoon of baking soda
1- spoon of coconut oil
Mix them well, put them in a container and use it every day, no smell and all natural :wink:

Wth buy the kid some deodorant it’s part if life, my god.

The solution is simple. Deodorant

Concerned Mom please dont punish your child cause you embarrassed…:expressionless:

Same, we use deodorant.

Right guard is the answer

Normal. Just make sure he takes a shower or bath daily.

His diet /genetics determine these things the other thing is properly scrubbing most kids get in there and just pass the wash cloth and soap they don’t do a proper scrubbing. Especially boys and in areas where bacteria thrive pits /sits and (wits) see what I did there no? foreskin. Antibacterial soaps. But by 10 children should be using deoderent in the current age they have 24hr ones now.

Everyone is “too young” for deodorant. Its full of chemicals

Teach him self care now. He’s a boy. Even if there is something wrong, which I doubt, it’s better to teach them now than later. I have 6 boys and they were all different and one thing I’ve learned is that boys don’t smell their own smelliness. They then buck and bull at change or get too lazy.

I hope you aren’t showing your kid this obsession - you will make him neurotic. By some deodorant and move along.

1 Like

Boys stink. Buy deodorant. Dial soap is good for stinky kids. But use the deodorant, too.

BO is caused by bacteria. Try vinegar & lemon . Apply to understand Daily then wash off. Kills bacteria that caused BO

What are you feeding him? Change his diet

1 Like

Lume … best deodorant.

If he stinks, clinical deod

Just get him some deodorant :woman_facepalming:t2:

Just give him deodorant so simple

Get him goldbond powder. He’ll be fine

Take him to a dermatologist

My son was just a bit older than that when he asked me to get him detergent for his armpits cause they stink after gym hahahaha I corrected him lol deodorant buddy

My 6 yr old daughter started stinking but no hair. Just there hormones all u can do Is buy deodorant. My 10 yr old boys doesn’t stink yet so it just is every kid is different.

Some of it may be your diet. I was very careful about food after my daycare provider said her daughter started developing breasts in 2nd grade. Also, avoid aluminum in deodorants.

My 9 year old started stinking at 7 as well. We used Arbonne deodorant, he also occasionally wears body spray or cologne.

Give that boy deodorant and accept it’s time for it.

I’ve raised a ton of boys. It’s normal. Just needs deodorant lol. My 8 yo started using it last year

nah, just keep him in the garage