My 8-month-old hasn't been wanting baby food much: Thoughts?

Just curious if any other mamas have dealt with this with their babies. My daughter is 8 months old and she hasnt been wanting to eat her baby food as often and ive noticed shes been wanting her bottle more. She’s still eating but she only eats about half of whatever we make her. I tried moving her to stage 3 foods but she just chews it and spits it out

1 Like

Look into Baby Led Weaning.

Teething or maybe not feeling well

She may be having a hard time adjusting to the chunks if there are any it.

For before 1 is just for fun. Don’t worry about it. Her nutrition is coming from the bottle.

1 Like

Smaller portions? its overwhelming to look at all that food for such a little person lol plus it’s easier to give seconds than trying to force it

Don’t stress too much about it, but try and give her some table foods. She may not like the mixture of chunks in the baby food

My little one didn’t want to eat baby food either but likes regular table food. Her nutrition come from the milk now so it’s not a big deal. Mine is 11 months now and is weaning herself.

My son is 10 months old and he hardly eats his baby food. He finds whatever is on my plate is 10xs better I think he’ll eat one 4oz container of his food like every 4 or 5 days.

My 10 mo old still eats stage 2 foods. I don’t think we will be moving to stage 3. I don’t even know what’s in those. But she does eat softer foods like real bananas, toast, crackers, pasta, etc. :woman_shrugging:t2:

None of mine liked stage 3

Teething. Or coming off a growth spurt so not as hungry as she was.

2 Likes

Give her what you eat. Once they start noticing they’re getting something different than you, they won’t want the baby food

My son spit that stuff out he was 8 months also and wanted the real stuff lol so we fed him table foods from then on out just make sure its in small pieces so shes able to chew good without choking which I’m sure u already know

Food before one is just for fun.

2 Likes

in Europe we get told that milk is the main food til they’re 1y.o. Let them have what they ‘ask’ for, they just know.

1 Like

My dietician said to always give the bottle or breast first for the first year and then offer food. And always offer it, even if they don’t always want it. Food before one is just for fun!

1 Like

Mine just ate what we did. She hated stage 3 foods

Neither of mine liked baby food.
They preferred the real stuff!

1 Like

My son did the same thing. So wed give him the bottles and hed want one every 2 hours. Well we figured maybe he wasnt getting full so we offered more table food anf problem solved! 9 months old

She’s probably teething or has a ear infection my daughter is 14 months and she won’t eat and just want her bottle when she’s teething or has a ear infection