My 9 months olds eye was matted shut: Advice?

My 9 month olds left eye was completely matted shut with ooze and crusties this morning and his right eye had a little too. His eyes aren’t red like pink eye though. Any ideas what it could be?

2 Likes

It could still be an eye infection. Call doc

Pink eye, I’d definitely call the doc

Conjunctivitis you have to take the baby and get antibiotic eye drops it is contagious so wash your hands after and before touching it

If ever in doubt… call a dr

2 Likes

Not sure what it could be but If you breastfeed or know someone who has breastmilk, drip some in his eye and will clear it up.

2 Likes

Call your pediatrician!!!

Does it happen often? My youngest did that pretty much every day when she was a baby. The doctor said it was just her allergies. We would just clean her eyes with a warm wet rag every morning, and she would be fine until the next morning.

1 Like

It could very well be allergies…I was horrible for both eyes when I was quite young.I would wake up in the morning and both my eyes would be glued shut…I had to feel my way around to my mom’s bed. She would put a warm compress on my eyes until all the goop was gone. This went on for years. My immunity was very low. I would still take your child to the Doctors office…

My 4 year old just had an eye infection. It wasn’t the typical “pink eye” conjunctivitis. It’s called blepharitis and it affects the eyelids and eyelashes. He was prescribed an antibiotic gel that went on the eyes…way better than having to hold him down and try to get drops in there. Call the dr. Blepharitis isn’t contagious but definitely needs antibiotic treatment.

100% sounds like pink eye.

1 Like

Me and my daughter just had this it was a bad form of pink eye she had it horrible. Mine was fairly mild but I started using her drops since I do the main caretaker and was sleeping in her bed with her showering with her and she was sleeping on me while I worked or was having me hold her. I knew I was going to catch it like I have with her before.

We called the do it or and got drops right away mine was 2-3 days and hers was 5-7

I currently have a head cold and this happened to me this morning

Could still be pink eye even without the red eyes.

Blocked duct, warm washcloth gently message the goop away and should be fine. I had to do it 3 times a day for my little guy after he slept for a bit.

Simple solution…call your doctor!!

Probably a blocked tear duct. I panicked when my son was this age

My son use to have his colds come through his eyes. They would get all crusty and it wasn’t pink. The doctors told us to use a warm washcloth to help moisten the goop and that it was a cold coming through his eyes

1 Like