My AIRBNB had a camera and suposedly the wife didn't know we were there: Advice?

That really sucks. I have never stayed in an Airbnb, I don’t know know why but the thought creeps me out lol. I assumed that cameras in common areas not bedrooms or bathrooms though were allowed and not unusual though. In the wife’s situation 1000 miles away I would call the cops too :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

What can you say? You did the best you could. You handled it the best you could. Give them a bad review and demand your money back. If they don’t comply take it to your credit card company then small claims court.

1 Like

Did you have a contract with them ? That would be the first place I’d start. Find out if they did something that was not in the contract and go from there.

1 Like

Wow! Feel so sorry for y’all. However…bringing THREE dogs to a furnished Airbnb was quite a stretch, I would say. I realkly do think, however, that you should be suing the renter for more than your rental fee. Good luck!

2 Likes

Crazy! We stayed in a AirB&B a couple of weeks ago and the only problem we had was the dryer did not work that well.

1 Like

Omg that’s absolutely crazy. Good luck with your refund but that doesn’t help with the disappointment you must have felt. Glad you and your family are safe

Where would be a good place to look for cameras I have a friend coming and since he’s 20 he can’t get a hotel. This freaked me out

I heard theres alot of scams out there on Airbnb’s. I wouldnt feel comfortable staying in someone else’s house when they’re there.

Well rent private not AirBB. Not trustful and you lose your money because they do not stand behind the renter.

I think you should tag them in all posts and complain in social media till they get such a bad rep that they see you as a nuisance and refund you in full to stop dragging their air bnb through the mud. Put it on hello peter and other complaint sites that is clear invasion of privacy.

3 Likes

Since your reservation was legit, have you asked the cops to press charges?

4 Likes

I was going to book a Airbnb in Sacramento this fall. Her experience has made me start looking at hotels.

1 Like

Air bnb are rooms in people’s houses, but yes she should have been told. & Aside from that he should’ve told you there were cameras, and the creeping around is wayyyy too crazy, maybe he was trying to sleep in the basement without you knowing (?) Wierd

1 Like

What an ordeal. We stayed at an Airbnb and had a marvelous experience.I would have been beside myself to find a camera.

Something similar happened to me. I showed up at the home and the code didn’t work. So I stood on the porch and called the lady who would not answer. As I was standing there a man opens the door to the home and asked what I was doing( could have turned dangerous) explained to him what I was there for and he stated I live here we don’t rent. Called Airbnb and two hours later got response telling me to go take a photo of home with proof I was at home so they could see if it was correct home. Had to send pics by this time it was too late to find a place, holiday weekend at the beach ) and I didn’t have 400 for a night at motel so me and kids had to drive back home. They wouldn’t refund my card for 7 business days. It was a nightmare for sure

Whats wrong with staying home and finding things to do in your area? Their is nothing like sleeping in your on bed at night. At least you wouldnt be worn to a frazzle.

1 Like

Rented from VRBO for the last 15 years. No problem. Tried Airbnb once. Never again.

This happened to me. They won’t refund your money they blatantly refused to do it for me and this was earlier this year.

I’d never stay at an Air Bnb. It’s Just creepy

Thank you for validating my non-use of Airbnb…sorry for the stress you were put through…

I dont see a questions just a rant lol so not sure what you want answered but thats def some creepy shit. But as for strike number 3 id call the cops instead of my husband too. You dont know whose at ur house or if they are packing a weapon so I wouldnt send my hubby into that kind of situation. Im actually glad she did cuz that hubby seems creepy af.

I like the ones that say you don’t need to buy anything. You have everything you need in your kitchen to find out it’s money needed

Sounds like a potential civil lawsuit. Perhaps discuss it with a lawyer.

2 Likes

Air bnb sucks. They are always the “mediator”

What a hell you went through! I am so sorry that this happened.

Go to a hotel next time the public is nuts

That’s crazy,hope you get your $ back

I read the post expecting a joke line at the end…smh…people are so evil and heartless. Praying you can recoup your loses. Thanks for sharing.

Never would stay in a BnB cant afford a hotel then save!!

I hope she gets her money back from that scam artist

Another AirBnB nightmare story.

This is why we have hotels 8898oo797

We’ve never had an issue renting a short term vacation rental but we do read all the reviews on a place prior to renting

This is so weird. I would have been glad the police came

Please talk to an attorney sue air and the home owners he could’ve been a serial killer or something smh renting out a house that’s already occupied you should sue

1 Like

Having a totally different experience with our Airbnb! All positive.

And? What are you asking for here?

We have used VRBO instead of Airbnb. So far, so good. :crossed_fingers: