My baby cries during tummy time: Advice?

My 2 month old holds her head up when she is sitting up but barely lifts it and cries when I do tummy time. I do tummy time multiple times a day everyday. Any advice?

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My baby cries during tummy time: Advice?

Normal. Babies hate tummy time stick with it.

My boy hated it. I would do it for at least a minute even if he cried. I’d pick him up once he was very upset. That lasted maybe a month. Eventually it got better. Pretty typical.

Your baby doesn’t like it. Trying laying a pillow in your lap and and support her with your arm she will do it on her own in time

You can also lay them on your stomach, belly to belly, and it works the same muscles, even if you’re sitting up. Most babies like that a lot more. My kids also liked when i sat them facing away from me straddling my leg so they could look at things and it worked well for strengthening core and neck muscles too.

Both of mine were premature and required tummy time 3-4 times a day in 10 minute settings, my daughter mainly needed it to help shape her skull correctly as it wasn’t gapped right when she came out. It’s normal for them to cry and not like it, they will be fine to cry for a few minutes at a time while you work on it with them. I usually always used a boppy pillow to do tummy time with mine and it helped with their comfortability some.

Try some small light up noisy toys on the floor in front of her. Worked with mine

Baby can lay on your chest for tummy time

1 Like

I’am making over $125 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17461 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs1122.pages.dev/

Try getting a boppy. I think thats how you spell it. It like a neck pillow but bigger. It was always helpful

I’am making over $125 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17461 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs1140.pages.dev/

google image wearing your baby like this is also considered tummy time and helps strengthen the same muscles. Was suggested this from my pediatrician when my babe screamed during tummy time.