My baby daddy never came home from the bar: Advice?

My boyfriend(baby daddy) didnt come home from the bar last night. I have asked him to stop going to the bar so much. But now he just didnt show back home at all. And im worried sick, my anxiety is high as hell. his phone is off and i dont know who went to the bar with him. Should i be pissed or am I overthinking it?

4 Likes

If someone doesn’t come home at night, they are somewhere else

24 Likes

You put a boundary in place and he doesn’t respect that
Having no communication shows just how important you guys are

2 Likes

I would just leave him I wen through this. He is selfish he will not stop better to cut your losses and move on to someone better.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have to live like this. For your & your child’s sake dump him the minute he comes home. Or better yet pack up you & baby & leave. It’s much easier to start over than to deal with a drunk who doesn’t respect you.

3 Likes

Frankly, I think I’d be packing my bags. You can worry about him from anywhere. That behavior is screaming “not ready for responsibility!” I’m sorry.

Ohhhh, been there…if he can’t come home at a reasonable time, he doesn’t need to come back at all. I hope that’s your ex now

3 Likes

My first thought would be if he was okay. Call his relatives to see if they have heard from him. You could try his work as well.

2 Likes

The bars aren’t open 24 hours honey. He’s somewhere.

2 Likes

Looks like he’s somebody else’s boyfriend now.

4 Likes

Hes either in jail or laid up with someone :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

Have you checked the jails? They usually turn their phones off. That’s the first place I’d check

1 Like

that is horrible and unacceptable. I would never be with men of such morals. sorry girl but time to RUN :running_woman:

3 Likes

Effffff that. I’d be finding out where he was and if he’s safe then finding a new BF for real.

7 Likes

Trust that gut instinct. You already know the answer.

15 Likes

Call the jail and hospital

His ass would be out the door.

Girl You should be single tf

But if he’s just that your baby daddy nothing more then he don’t owe you any explanation

1 Like

I’d check hospitals and jails. If not there then he’d have some splainin to do. If it continues definitely cut your losses.

You’re highly codependent. Find an alanon meeting and save yourself from the hell of being dependent on the alcoholics behaviors

1 Like

Call your local hospitals and try the jail always give benefit of doubt first but from your statement of asking him to stop going and him disregarding you is a red flag of disrespect

1 Like

When u find out give us an update

I don’t know how long you’ve been together, I don’t know your history, I don’t know your situation- but the relationship from what you’ve described above has all the red flags of poor communication, lack of trust, lack of respect, lack of personal responsibility and accountability. That makes for a warzone to raise a child in. If you and your boyfriend can’t sit down and create healthy boundaries for a healthy lifestyle together that benefits all of you, including your baby; then maybe it’s time to break off the relationship and focus on the lifestyle you want and finding someone that wants the same as you. You can’t really “change” people. If he doesn’t want to stop doing what he’s doing and be dad; no amount of talking or persuading is going to change that. No ultimatum is going to make him wake up and say, “Oh man, I should really go home from the bar”. There’s a good chance he did this before you had a child together and will continue to do it long after you’ve decided to leave. In all honesty, you shouldn’t be asking the internet if you should be pissed. If you are pissed, express why you are upset to your boyfriend. Express the situations his actions put you in. Ask him why he does it and see if you guys can come to a solution. If not, then like I said above–move on with someone that has the same goals and aspirations as yourself so that you can raise your child in an environment that will help teach them love, kindness, respect and what they do and do not have to put up with. Good luck.

1 Like