My baby doesn't pee much some days...advice?

Hii can you please help me by post and asking for help cause my baby is 1 year and he sometimes doesn’t pee sometimes he would pee 2 times a day thank you in advance

7 Likes

The baby should be having six wet diapers a day

Not getting enough water.

Please seek a pediatrician and make sure there is plenty of fluids every day

Take that baby to the doctor or ER immediately

Give him more to drink no juice though

1 Like

Give more fluid and if that didn’t work then the Dr. He may have a uti.

That’s a doctor question.

1 Like

Free and only qualified vets can answer.

2 Likes

I would be consulting a doctor not the internet if you are concerned.

2 Likes

Give some juice cut with some water. Push fluids

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound MEAN but this is a question for a doc not the internet…

16 Likes

1 yo’s are busy busy…offer snacks high in fluid like melons, strawberries, cucumber etc

1 Like

Seriously need to talk to the doctor because you don’t wanna push too many fluids but also he’s obviously not drinking enough or has impaired kidney function.

8 Likes

Are you making sure he is drinking adequate amounts during the day? Have you addressed this with his doctor?

Talk to your ped right away. That’s serious question for then not us.

Push more fluids. Call your child’s pediatrician for advice.

2 Likes

Make sure he drinks a lot if not see the doctor

When my oldest was 3 months old, she held her pee for almost 24 hours. Took her to the hospital, they ran all sorts of tests, drained her bladder with a catheter, called in a pediatric urologist, etc… after another 12 hours at the hospital, they told me she was just holding her urine. She also contracted MRSA from that visit (her PCP misdiagnosed her for almost a year, even with me pleading with them to check her for MRSA, until I switched her to a new doctor, and that doctor tested and treated her immediately), and potty trained herself at 11 months. She also started developing hereditary kidney stones and passing them at the age of 4. She’s 18 now.

2 Likes

certainly consult with a pediatrician not facebook.

3 Likes

Talk to your pediatrician not strangers on the internet. We aren’t doctors.

1 Like

Everyone here is gonna give ya the same info. CALL A DOCTOR… Dehydration, bladder or kidney issue… etc. It could be all kinds of things or it could not. Not something you’d risk resting faith in a group for though. Make a doctor’s appointment.

Babies should be peeing a lot more than that. Seems like the child is dehydrated or kidneys aren’t filtering correctly and that needs to be addressed asap with your child’s doctor. So pls call your doctor today and explain what you just told all of us. If you don’t then you’re neglecting your child because children that age should be having 4-6 wet diapers a day excluding the poopy ones which can vary with the poopy diapers which can be every 2 days for normalcy but can also poop 2-3 x a day also. But the wet diapers are below average and needs to be checked out to eliminate any medical reasons

The baby is probably not being hydrated enough. Talk to the pediatrician.