My baby has a diaper rash all the time: Advice?

They could be allergic to the brand of diapers you’re using, try changing brands and changing the child more often than usual, I had to change my kid every 30-hour or right wen they were dirty

1 Like

Air dry! Fan the area make sure it’s completely dry and use some creamer powder and change baby asap. Even if it’s just a little and you know she is going up go more.i worked in child care and changed diapers every hour if they had a bad rash…

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not a yeast infection?

3 Likes

More water might help some. Weaken the amonia in urine. I always used balmex ,

If she eats a lot of citrus fruit cut back on that might help x

Get another brand of diapers!! Use a good diaper cream

2 Likes

Try to only use wipes every other diaper change unless poo, and then only dab at instead of rub wipe it off. You can also try putting the diaper rash cream in the diaper instead of on booty ect. Let the air get to it a few minutes after each change.

Let her air dry between changes could be an allergic reaction to the diaper brand consider trying a different one, change diet

Could be an allergy to something used in the area or a food that she’s consuming

Once you get the rash to go away use Vaseline all over with every diaper change

Skip the creams. They are bs. You need this. Liquid gold and the nicu uses it.

1 Like

Go to the pediatrician, poor baby

2 Likes

Do you breastfeed? Little book milk will clear it up quick
Then I’d just suggest watch what she eats. Not sure on the babies age.

Use corn starch or try to change the diaper brand

I vote fungal infection and the treatment would be to use women’s yeast infection medication on it if you can find something that is in powder it is called miconazole. Doctors prescribe it all the time. If your child has allergies please do not follow my advice without consulting your doctor first. I have to say that because I’m an rn😂

I only say this because I have seen this happen to elderly people. I don’t have much baby experience

Have you tried bathing her in breastmilk? I found this to be a game changer and totally cleared up my little girls nappy rash. Just add some breastmilk to her bath water and let her sit in it for a bit. I usually use about 100ml breastmilk

Don’t use swaddles diapers… it can cause rash. Put Brest milk on rash.
Put A&D cream. Get non scented wipes

1 Like

Calmoseptine is sold behind the pharmacy counter. Used it when it was bad.

Make a paste of maalox and cornstarch. Apply to diaper area nightly.

Clean her put the rash cream and drizzle corn starch on her bum. Wash her bum everyday.

Could be an allergy to the brand of diapers or wipes. Switch to the wipes that are just sterile water and use aquaphor cream on their little tushy.

My daughter use to get it all the time… turns out I was giving her too much acidic fruits and that’s what caused it so I cut down on certain fruits.

1 Like

The chlorine in diapers causes diaper rash. Consider bamboo disposable diapers or cloth diapers

2 Likes

Good quality olive oil, I don’t mean any old cheap stuff, it has to be first pressed cold pressed.
Take the nappy off and give their bottom some air as well as changing the nappy every time they void/poo

Powder with corn starch in it. Sprinkle powder on than put Vaseline on top of powder. The Vaseline will repel the moisture from the bawl movement and urine while the corn starch powder will dry up the rash. I did this with both my kids from birth to out of diapers. The only time my oldest had a rash was when he was in the hospital otherwise my kids were rash free.

1 Like

It could be a yeast infection, what has the doctor say?

2 Likes

Figure out what’s causing it. Check her foos that she eats. Check her drinks. Everything…check it. There’s something that’s irritating her. Keep notes of everything. I know it sounds like a lot. But for a happy baby. So worth it.

1 Like

My daughter had the same issue and she was allergic to milk! Had to switch her to soy based formula and everything else when she was a baby. It was horrible. Also prone to yeast infections so depending on what the rash looks like could tell you more. I would ask her pediatrician for advice.

My eldest daughter was like that turns out she was lactose intolerant. She also has super sensitive skin. So water wipes, zinc based barrier creams sometimes needed steroid creams, cornstarch powder and change the brand of nappies/diapers
Regular changes don’t let her sit in anything at all.
Check the diet first acidic foods
Gluten, dairy lactose, nuts grains soy…
Get her to the DR

Naked baby time lol. Let her do tummy time naked for 30 mins or so at a time

I always found that a warm bath soothed her and then let her spend a little time with no diaper on.

1 Like

Get a different brand of diapers. I had that issue with my kids until I found the one that didn’t cause them to have a rash all the time.

Cornstarch in the diaper!

Our babies were sensitive to certain diapers or wipes. My oldest could ONLY use pampers and my second could only use pampers and target brand. That might be it.

I always used powder or cream even if she didn’t have one. She would get them so severely. I’d do cream and then powder over it and then close up the diaper… may have to look at the formula or changing diapers more frequently or letting her air out from time to time.

Breast milk baths will help tremendously if you’re breastfeeding! It helped clear up any diaper rash/eczema that my youngest ever had.

Cornstarch. Try different brand of diapers. Change the diaper more often.

Change to scentless wipes or different diaper

Cornstarch or bag balm are the absolute best thing I ever used on my kids

Try changing detergents

Pediatrician suggested letting him lay naked in the sun.

Cup of baking soda & epson salt in the tub for a quick soak every night will help, dermatologists recommended. You put a cup oats in the blender as well and add it to the bath. Both of of these will help for all sort of rashes from heat rash to allergie. Try change the diaper Frequently, talk to you doctor for flamezine my lil one was allergic to all other brands. Constantly add a bit of Vaseline and cornstarch in the diaper. Depending on age start sitting them on the potty and try to let their bums air out a bit. Hope this helps you best of luck. I also found some branded perfume their diapers and baby wipes find some unscented one or zinc. If your lil one as diarrhea all the time talk to your doctor try more rice and banana will also help

1 Like

There’s a product called bum butter works sooooo well

She might be allergic to the diapers. Try a different brand

Try changing the brand of the wipes and diapers. A&D ointment also works wonders! Once applied to clean dry skin, it doesn’t allow urine or feces to penetrate on to the skin.

3 Likes

Is it a newborn or exclusively fed breast milk?
It could be a reoccurring yeast infection in which case i found clotrimazole (canesten) worked wonders along side naked time. No soap in the bath. Just water and air dry.
If they’re older (on solids) check their diet to be sure the foods/drinks you’re feeding are not contributing to acidic pee and poop. Sometimes you’ll need to eliminate a food or two and it’s trial and error.

Maybe it’s time to switch diapers

1 Like

Naked baby… for short periods of time. Change diaper brands ?? More frequent… checking…

1 Like

Calmoseptine cream. works every time!!! I use it on my baby.

Use monistat for diaper creme

Change brand of diapers. What worked for one of my kids did work for the other.

1 Like

Keep their diaper changed never let them go wet very long

Calmoseptine (ask the Walmart pharmacy for it) you don’t need a prescription but it’s behind the counter. It’s used for elderly diaper rash or bed sores. I don’t use anything besides this now. It’s about $8 a tube.

1 Like

Talk to her Dr. He can write a script for something

Coconut oil and plain organic yogurt topical. Probiotic

1 Like

Eliminate dairy from his diet for a week. Easier done with a breastfed baby (just cut out dairy from your diet) but there’s non-dairy formula out there. If the rash disappears for a few days reintroduce dairy in small amounts. Like 1 bottle a day or small amounts in your own diet. See if the rash comes back. I have 2 kids who had milk intolerances. They always had horrible smelling yellow BMs which caused rashes. Drs didnt help. I learned with the second through a nutritionist to do this. I slipped & ate icecream. She got tense, the bad BM & rash again.

Change diapers and even wipes. Use coconut oil for the rash

Don’t use wipes, use a clean washer and water.

Apply zinic based cream and pat over either baby powder or cornflower (cornstarch from you kitchen) before the cream sinks in, forms like a crust.

For anti fungal properties add just two drops of lavender oil to cream and stir in to the full pot.

1 Like

Change the brand of diapers and change your babies diapers frequently. It shouldn’t be very full to need a change. Time the hours pre change

Could be yeast infection. Empty acidophilus capsules into each bottle of milk or water; if she’s eating solids, mix it in to whatever she eats & feed her plain yogurt with active cultures. Avoid antibiotics.

Watch what you eat, read up on foods to eat and ones to avoid for an overabundance of yeast & take acidophilus pills yourself. Cut out or cut back on alcohol, especially beer & wine, sweets, carbs, fermented foods, watch your dairy & go for organic if possible. Eat as much organic food, especially meat & poultry as it’s full of antibiotics which kill your good bacteria and destroy your immunities.

You can also add garlic pills (Kyolic aged garlic capsules are the gold standard) to what you and your baby consume to strengthen your immune systems to fight against yeast.

1 Like

Change her more often probably

Maybe change the brand of diapers! Huggies would do this to my daughter years ago. I would also try taking the baby to the doctor for real!

Use a high percentage zinc based diaper cream, some you can make yourself and it is 35%. Change her diapers to a different brand, the ones your using could be made from something that is irrita8your daughters skin. Get an anti fungal cream(yeast infection cream) and use that at the first sign of a diaper rash to prevent it from getting worse

Change the brand till u find one that doest give her a rash
Try cloth nappies…you have to change them more regularly, maybe that’s the issue. You leave her too long in a nappy that’s too wet

Coat her in nappy rash cream after each change.
Give her naked time at each change of nappy

Change diaper brands and change more often.

Lots of air time. No diaper just let it be free.

Could be a yeast infection. I would definitely take her to the dr. My son had one when he was really little

1 Like

Use corn flour in the rash

Becoming a great person in life do take time but the time has come to your gate to get started with mrs lisa Jennifer she is actually the best in the Crypto trading contract her with the name below​:arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down::arrow_double_down:

This is incredible wow :star_struck: I never knew investment in this trading platform is so profitable what a massive profit :partying_face: . Thanks so much Mrs lisa jennifer :two_hearts: for my successful investment am really grateful, to me this is more than a miracle securedbasefxoption is the best trading platform :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mrs lisa jennifer

We used cornflower powder. Worked wonders

Change the brand of diaper. She’s most likely allergic. And that’s her skin having an allergic reaction my oldest, was allergic to any diaper that wasn’t Huggies or loves. And this happened. Every time I used any cheap brand. Damn expensive kids lol

Vaseline. If there is mucus in poop have checked for allergies. Also another thing is it is possible for diaper rash to be reoccurring yeast infections. So have evaluated

Bath with corn starch

Aaaw your such a good mom hugs

Is she allergic to that brand of diaper? Try using one size up of diaper, so there is more room for air and less rubbing on her skin.

I used to use cornstarch and oatmeal washes

My youngest was like that Vaseline helped after her rash was gone every change I’d put Vaseline to make a barrier and changed her frequently I would check her constantly and even if she peed just a little id change her also try different diapers my daughter couldn’t handle most brands